Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Knott's Scary Farm vs Mickey's Halloween Party

My neice and I will be taking a trip to Knott's Berry Farm on Oct. 21st (she's never been, I haven't been since 1991!). We have the opportunity to go to either Knott's Halloween party or Disney's halloween party that evening. I've been to the Disney one every year since 2005 so I know what to expect there. How does the one at Knott's compare and is it worth going to?

My niece is 16 so the scary-ness isn't a factor

Jen
    It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

• Minion

Re: Knott's Scary Farm vs Mickey's Halloween Party

Knott's does a very good Halloween event every year. That said, it's scary. They have mazes and scare zones. It isn't just like mysterious or physiological, they have some pretty gruesome stuff.

Disney, on the other hand, does the very family friendly offering.

It's really up to you guys. If you want to be scared, and I mean scared, then you should do Knotts. If you want to have a good time, dress up, and have fun, then do Disneyland.

• Minion

Depends if you want to be scared or not

Knotts is the scary one Disneyland's isn't scary at all.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I love Knott's and go every year to Haunt: but comparison wise, there really isn't any. The events are totally different. The Disney focus is trick or treating, characters in costume, fireworks program, and the same rides as during normal park operation: apart from Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion, special Halloween added elements are scarce.

Knott's features usually 13 dedicated horror mazes and rides and live actors near literally everywhere to scare and interact with guests, plus mood music, lighting, props and etc. Disney also has lighting tweaked a bit and more party style music, but Knott's emphasis is horror and the mostly decorate the whole park: Disney is fun, but much more limited in scope to be honest.

Hope that helps, and any more specific queries, feel free to ask
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Does Knott's keep most of it's attractions open for the Halloween party, or do they close most of them?

I like dressing up, so going to Mickey's is appealing to me, however, trying something new is fun too!!

I think I'll have my neice read this thread and leave it up to her, lol!

Jen
    It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Jennith View Post
    Does Knott's keep most of it's attractions open for the Halloween party, or do they close most of them?

I like dressing up, so going to Mickey's is appealing to me, however, trying something new is fun too!!

I think I'll have my neice read this thread and leave it up to her, lol!

Jen
    Yes, all the roller coasters more or less are open at Knott's during the event, but some rides in Camp Snoopy are shut for maze construction, and Mystery Lodge doesn't play during the event either. The Calico Mine ride and Log Ride are themed for haunt, as well, with music, props, robots and actors.

I went to the Knotts even last year and I found it a little too chaotic. I think I would have loved it as a teenager, but there was soo many teenagers there, and it felt very crowded. the Mazes were a ton of fun, and there were a ton of mazes to do and the lines were not that bad. The lines for the rides were insane and un ridable. I wish Knotts would sell a front of the line pass like Universal Studios does.

This year I'll be going to Disney's Event for some fun Fireworks and a fun friendly night and Also Universal's event for the scaryness, while still not being overtaken by thousands of teenagers.

Sorry, I know I sound old, but thousands of teenagers with no parents scare me much more than the mazes do, haha.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

In defense of Knott's...it isn't just packs of teenagers, though there are lots of them Folks in twenties and thirties as well, and a fair amount of what could be fairly called "elder humans"...my dad loves going, and he will be 70 this year. For what it's worth...there are people of all ages there, and chaotic is a fair descriptor, but that is part of the desired atmosphere. It's not dangerous chaos by any means that I have ever observed.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    It's really up to you guys. If you want to be scared, and I mean scared, then you should do Knotts. If you want to have a good time, dress up, and have fun, then do Disneyland.
    If you want to get SCARED scared, you should go to Universal Halloween Horrow Nights, Knott's Scary Farm is usually fun scared.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

Since you have gone to many Mickey's Halloween Parties, I want to ask about how crowded it is generally ? Can you compare the attendance with anything else ?

TIA

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Most 16 year olds prefer Knotts Scary Farm. I'd take her there.

• Disney/Anime/Furry Fan

Mickey's Halloween Party is as always a family-friendly event. You can dress up in costume and go trick-treating in the park even enjoying attractions in costume. The price of the admission is cheaper than the regular 1 day park. The Halloween Party is in fact more popular with children with their parents, also Teens will enjoy it too, if they want a relaxing and scare-free trip.

Knott's Scary Farm is more of a Rated-R or PG-13 experience. Every year on October, Knott's Berry Farm build and create new horror-themed mazes. Each mazes are packed with scary monsters and disturbed things that can scare most people or gives an unsettling feeling throughout the park. So, it's not a great idea to bring very young children, if they are easily scared. It is popular with teenagers, young adults, and a group of friends wanting to be scared.

I went through a preview of one of the mazes at Universal. We were there during the day and we had small children with us so we were not seeking out the scary halloween attractions but I went through one of the inside mazes as a preview and it was pretty scary and I don't scare easily.

• Hukuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Knott's does a very good Halloween event every year. That said, it's scary. They have mazes and scare zones. It isn't just like mysterious or physiological, they have some pretty gruesome stuff.

Disney, on the other hand, does the very family friendly offering.

Great answers. Exactly what I would say. Also if you wqnt to have a ton of fun attend the Micechat Knotts berry farm Haunt. The most fun you can have.

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I apart from Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion, special Halloween added elements are scarce.
    I don't know, I thought at Disneyland there was a lot of added ambiance lighting, fog effects on the Rivers of America and stuff like that, cool lighting effects on the castle and space mountain, although nothing scary. The scarecrow in the hub area is cool, and of course the special fireworks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast