Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Queen Elsa

Re: New Musical coming to DCA "based on animated feature"...

I hate Tangled I would never go see that if it came out.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    I hate Tangled I would never go see that if it came out.
    I remember you saying earlier that you haven't seen Tangled. How would you hate something you've never seen? Just curious?

• Goofy

i only tangle bccause of the nice soundtrack. its an decent movie.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I remember you saying earlier that you haven't seen Tangled. How would you hate something you've never seen? Just curious?
    Because I don't like the fairy tale to Repenzel so that is why I hate it. I will never go see it ever.

• Minion

Because I don't like the fairy tale to Repenzel so that is why I hate it. I will never go see it ever.
    As we discussed earlier, Disney completely threw away the original fairy tale and made whatever they wanted. It's a very good film and I would recommend that you give it a try.

• Banned User

Anyway....back to the TOPIC. Tangled is just a rumored title, it could be any other animated film.
    Last edited by DARTH MAUL; 08-10-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Aladdin should definitely be replaced since it's getting old and it obviously doesn't fit in the land. Tangled is definitely something I see Disney doing and it would obviously wouldn't be booed out before it even gets started, but I would prefer to see something a little more traditional. OR they could go with the Lion King and bring in a toned down version of their Broadway show. I know it still wouldn't fit the theme of the land, but it does take place inside the Hyperion theater, so practically anything could fit inside.

• Banned User

So DCA is going to become even more of a faternal twin to DHS? Not liking how DCA is turning into a slightly better version of WDW's worst theme park.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    Yes, I acknowledged Walt Disney changed fairy tales, but he changed them for good, he didn't make them feel any less of fairy tales! Tangled and Princess and the Frog are missing that charm and mood that classic Disney fairy tales have.
    Cause people just want to see the same movie 100 times.......cause people will never get bored of the same idea?

Princess and the Frog got crap for being too classic and then Tangled gets crap for being too different (besides the humor its about the same story structure) Disney cant EVER win with its fans cause everyone wants something different but for the most part people loved Tangled and it might not be the best film but for me Rapunzel is the most fleshed out princess and most interesting compared to ANY of the others but her movie is not perfect but character wise it might be the best Disney Fairy Tales (thanks to Pixars influence)

Tangled is a big fan favorite, so it would make sense for them to make a show of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    I don't see how that is such a bad idea. i think would hve been cute. im a big fan of ty story.
    Actually it wasn't just a concept, they were planning to clone the Toy Story Musical from the Disney Cruise Line. There should be videos floating around; it was pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    Yes, watch it in comparison to a classic. It's awful in comparison! They tried to change it way too much from a fairy tale, just like with Princess and the Frog, where they have to make the character have an attitude or otherwise alter and twist the story.
    I believe Tangled fits right along on the shelf with the others. Considering the development hell it went through, we are lucky that we didn't get the early concept of a modern day San Francisco couple being sucked into the animated fairy tale world and the real Rapunzel turns into a squirrel.

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    As we discussed earlier, Disney completely threw away the original fairy tale and made whatever they wanted. It's a very good film and I would recommend that you give it a try.
    From what I have seen from commusels it's exactly like the fairy tale a girl with long hair that gose down to the ground a stranger trying to free her same oh same oh fairy tale that I do not like and will never ever see. It's the same way with Toy Story I didn't like that movie and I didn't like the other 2 when they came out they where all the same boarding to me. So I will not ever see this movie

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    So DCA is going to become even more of a faternal twin to DHS? Not liking how DCA is turning into a slightly better version of WDW's worst theme park.
    Hows does getting a new show equate to that?????

• Minion

From what I have seen from commusels it's exactly like the fairy tale a girl with long hair that gose down to the ground a stranger trying to free her same oh same oh fairy tale that I do not like and will never ever see. It's the same way with Toy Story I didn't like that movie and I didn't like the other 2 when they came out they where all the same boarding to me. So I will not ever see this movie
    If you had seen the movie you would've realised that its not the same old same old.so I don't think you should strait out hate the rumored attraction
    If you haven't seen the movie, not seeing the movie should encourage you to see the attraction if it comes because it would obviously be about 45 minutes

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Hows does getting a new show equate to that?????
    It's not just the new show, it's just furthering my observations from my Walt Disney World trip. The two parks share much in common, even more so after the expansion. The show will be yet another thing the two park's will share.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Aladdin should definitely be replaced since it's getting old and it obviously doesn't fit in the land. Tangled is definitely something I see Disney doing and it would obviously wouldn't be booed out before it even gets started, but I would prefer to see something a little more traditional. OR they could go with the Lion King and bring in a toned down version of their Broadway show. I know it still wouldn't fit the theme of the land, but it does take place inside the Hyperion theater, so practically anything could fit inside.
    The show inside does not have to fit the land, just the building that it is housed in. A Broadway show is just that, a Broadway show. During the time period that Hollywoodland is supposed to represent, they had shows which represented all different locations around the world and different time periods playing. As long as the building fits the land, having Aladdin in there is not out of place. Now, the genie walking around outside up and down the street or riding on the Red Car would be out of place.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast