Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Re: Idea Aladdin ride at Disneyland or California Adventure!?

I think Aladdin is among the animated features that would be the best fits for an attraction... but hands off The Jungle Cruise.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    I think Aladdin is among the animated features that would be the best fits for an attraction... but hands off The Jungle Cruise.
    But if you were to put a ride of it in adventureland, where would you put it? Jungle Cruise has a good amount of space. I dont see the appeal to The Jungle Cruise, really.

That's is perfect!! Nice work!

• -

Why not make it a dark ride and put it where Aladdin's Oasis is right now. I realize that space there is a concern, but they can make it multi-level with an omni-mover system to get around the space issue.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Yeah the Jungle Cruise has had a 10 minute wait at least every time I have seen it, I know it's a classic but an Aladdin Dark Ride would be awesome! But the Jungle Cruise is a classic and people don't like to let it go, but Disneyland or at least some Disney Park needs an Aladdin attraction that is more then a flying carpet ride. Calsig31 that's a good idea.

• -

Actually, to save space for the line for the ride, they can remove/alter the shop in front of the Jungle Cruise and make it the entrance to an underground queue. The entrance to the line could look like the Cave of Wonders. People could walk around a wonderfully themed underground space and come up within the boundaries of what is now Aladdin's Oasis to board the Omni-mover.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Actually, to save space for the line for the ride, they can remove/alter the shop in front of the Jungle Cruise and make it the entrance to an underground queue. The entrance to the line could look like the Cave of Wonders. People could walk around a wonderfully themed underground space and come up within the boundaries of what is now Aladdin's Oasis to board the Omni-mover.
    That sounds really cool! Great idea calsig31 ! Also thank you to those of you who have not bashed on me about the whole Jungle Cruise thing, I know that a lot of you like it and I respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    But one problem, how will the flying work withought a pice of structor holding the carpet up without it being in the way of the guests? Lol.

I always pictured it using a Kuka arm like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.

Yes! This all sounds too good where could the exit go? Just along the entrance path?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar1234 View Post
    Yes! This all sounds too good where could the exit go? Just along the entrance path?
    Exactly. It could parallel the entrance and then you walk out of the Cave of Wonders right next to the people who are entering to ride the ride.

Sweet! let's do it! Haha kidding I wish that would be an awesome addition to Disneyland!!

---------- Post added 08-15-2011 at 08:38 PM ----------

Maybe Disney Imagineering will realize they need an Aladdin ride!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar1234 View Post
    Sweet! let's do it! Haha kidding I wish that would be an awesome addition to Disneyland!!

---------- Post added 08-15-2011 at 08:38 PM ----------

Maybe Disney Imagineering will realize they need an Aladdin ride!
    There is a downside to this, though. They would have to close off the entrance to Adventureland during construction. This would force them to reroute all traffic to Indy and Jungle Cruise through the small corridor by the treehouse. Further, the crowd after Fantasmic would be forced to exit trough Frontierland only instead of having the ability to choose between Advetureland and Frontierland.

Yeah! That would be bad, even with Fronteriland and Adventureland to choose from it's still way crowded! Can't imagine it without the Adventureland way.

I think your ideas about a long, elaborate Aladdin ride sounds great! Makes me wish they would dumpy Autopia and put in a 3-4 ride fantasyland extension there.

I have always thought they should make an cut-down fantasyland-style 5 minute "Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride" similar to Peter Pan's Flight. Base it on the "A Whole New World" sequence. You could make the vehicles wavy magic carpets in which 2-4 people sit on one of the carpet 'humps' while your feet go down in the 'trough'. Put the Genie, the monkey, and the parrot in an interactive queue.

It'd take up much less space, and have a greater chance of happening

Yeah! Your so right! That does sound a little more practical! I was thinking more along the lines of thrill rides with my idea but I like your idea too that would actually make more sense!! I adjust more of a thrill seeker haha!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast