Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Idea Aladdin ride at Disneyland or California Adventure!?

Ok so besides the magic carpet ride at Disneyland I don't think they have a real Aladdin themed ride. So I thought of an Idea for a ride kinda like Indiana Jones a dark ride where your in the movie but it's also a thrill ride! So you are in a dark dome like Space Mountain and you are put in these carpet looking carts that can hold like 12 people. You go along through the load station and then somehow the cart is transferred from being on the track to being suspended so it feels like your flying. Then into the mouth of that big like jaguar cave thing and right as you enter that you go into a big dark drop comparable to the drop in Pirates but bigger. From there you are like in the chase scene part of the movie you are going fast and barely dodging walls and some scenes from the movie are around. Then you hit a spot where you are then lifted up calmly and smoothly like how they lift you up to the screen on Soarin' Over Cali. Now you are higher up here they blow air calmly against your face and they tilt and move you gently and then you start hearing the song "A Whole New World" and there are like city lights below and the walls are a Lightish to dark blue and there is kinda fog stuff then you swoop down back into darkness where you meet the genie and kind of go through the story then you pull back up to the loading station. Good idea? Yes? No?

• Minion

Re: Idea Aladdin ride at Disneyland or California Adventure!?

Meh.... Not too keen on an idea like this. I think Aladdin could be a very cool attraction, but it just doesn't fit with the Disneyland Resort. It wouldn't fit thematically into DCA and there isn't much room in Adventureland.

So you think it would fit better in DCA!? I think your right I just said Disneyland or California Adventure because I don't know exactly where to put it, but I think your right it does fit better in DCA. Do you like the all around ride idea?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar1234 View Post
    So you think it would fit better in DCA!? I think your right I just said Disneyland or California Adventure because I don't know exactly where to put it, but I think your right it does fit better in DCA. Do you like the all around ride idea?
    No, I don't think it would fit in DCA at all. Why would Aladdin, an Arabian street-rat-turned-Prince, fit into Disney's representation of California? That doesn't work at all.

As for the ride idea, it's the same one we've seen time and time again. You board a magic carpet, fly through the Cave of Wonders, escape from the lava chamber, and see a few more elements from the film. I think an Aladdin dark ride could work very well, but not necessarily in the way it has been described.

Ohhh ok! Your kinda right about that! They do have an Aladdin show in DCA but I guess that's different considering it's in Hollywood Backlot! What did you imagine for the ride?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar1234 View Post
    Ohhh ok! Your kinda right about that! They do have an Aladdin show in DCA but I guess that's different considering it's in Hollywood Backlot! What did you imagine for the ride?
    The Aladdin show fits because it's a Broadway-style musical set in the Hyperion Theater of Hollywood. When Hollywoodland goes through it's retheme, any large, Broadway-style show will thematically fit into the Hyperion.

Yeah! It just isn't cool they don't have an Aladdin dark ride! I mean the movie is like made for a ride in my opinion like the chase scene and all the flying carpet parts and the genies crazy personality could make a great ride!! Maybe not the idea I presented. But at least some type.

---------- Post added 08-14-2011 at 10:09 PM ----------

In the dirst reply I thought you said it WOULD fit thematically in DCA but I just read and it said it WOULDN'T sorry my bad!

---------- Post added 08-14-2011 at 10:10 PM ----------

In the first reply I thought you said it WOULD fit thematically in DCA but I just read and it said it WOULDN'T sorry my bad!

• Banned User

I personally think that yes, an Aladdin ride would be a great addition, but there is sadly no where to put it without removing Indy and placing it there. DCA isn't even an option because of the themeing.

Yeah if only it had somewhere to go, I guess Jasmine is considered a Disney princess maybe put it where Toon Town is now add on to fantasyland? (But the kids love Toon Town) Or get rid of Jungle Cruise make it partly underground. Just thinking of maybe possibilities can't ge ride of Indy! Great ride! Maybe a good ride for that rumored 3rd park way in the future.

• Banned User

One ride cannot replace an entire land. And Toon Town is not just loved by kids. Roger alone is one of the longest lines in the park on a slow day.

• The Pumpkin King

Lol, sometimes I forget how small Adventureland is :P And crowded, meh -_- Instead of removing Indy to fit the ride, they could do the unthinkable... take out Jungle cruise... DONT HATE ME! :P That space would be enough and perfect fit for a ride or 2. Indy on the other hand if im right goes all out to that one parking lot. Removing that ride would be a hassle! IMO, they have put too muchvgood work into Indy for them to just simply take it out. But pf course a lot of people wont agree with me on taking out the Jungle Cruise :P

If they did that, they could have enough space for at least 2 new rides, or one awesome Aladdin dark ride. The with that there, take away the show thats in Adventureland since you already have something (that could be) better. Or instead of Aladdin, just make Jungle Cruise into Jungle Book, and re work the attraction, have up to date AA's of all the characters from the Movie, but of course have the story. That way the Aladdin show in Adventureland could stay.

Anyone feel like debating with this lol.
    Last edited by White Bones; 08-15-2011 at 11:08 AM.

I drew this ride vehicle concept at least ten years ago for an Aladdin ride. It was made up of many flying carpets (as a way to explain how it could hold 12 people). I always thought it would make an awesome attraction.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• The Legend Ends

Quote Originally Posted by White Bones View Post
    ]they could take out Jungle cruise.
    The protest line starts here
    I believe in Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty was real.

An Aladdin ride would be super cool, but like people have mentioned, there's there's nowhere to put it. At least not in the Disneyland here in California.

OnTheThirdFloor, I like that drawing! There's a lot of detail.
    "Pretty soon he would be hundreds and hundreds of miles away on the great plains and deserts, and among the mountains of the Far West, and would see buffaloes and Indians, and prairie dogs, and antelopes, and have all kinds of adventures, and may be get hanged or scalped, and have ever such a fine time, and write home and tell us all about it, and be a hero."
    - Mark Twain, jealous of his brother, who was traveling west.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheThirdFloor View Post
    I drew this ride vehicle concept at least ten years ago for an Aladdin ride. It was made up of many flying carpets (as a way to explain how it could hold 12 people). I always thought it would make an awesome attraction.
    Wow, that is actually really cool. I like this. I have thought about a carpet dark ride that could have the same ride system as Peter Pan. But never thought of how a carpet would hold more than 1 person for it to simulate flying. Ths here is great.

But one problem, how will the flying work withought a pice of structor holding the carpet up without it being in the way of the guests? Lol.

---------- Post added 08-15-2011 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaFan View Post
    The protest line starts here
    Im sure it does. I have never liked the Jungle Cruise, even when I was little. If it ever gets taken out, I would not care TBH.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast