Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: what ride would you like to see be overlayed for halloween

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    But....see Big Thunder and Matterhorn would most likely be Night only over lays meaning....you can still ride it normal...and its like there are two versions of one ride making you want to ride it more times..

I do understand how HMH can be annoying to people that live far away but.....they cater to the APs and most of us LOVE it thats why the lines longer during the overlay than even HM in the summer
    I know, that makes sense... I too love the ride, now that I get to see the Haunted Mansion in its origanal state at lest ten times a year... It is just I know a lot of families that are either too far away from the Disneyland Resort or Can not afford to visit the resort more than once a year/ can't afford an AP... However, now that you mention the factor of the additional rides having a possibility of a day to night transition I am all for it!

• Artistic integrity

I understand why some people don't want the park to be inundated by temporary layovers. Too many is understandable. But if they added just two more .. or even one more for Halloween .... I don't see how that's going to ruin it for people.

Currently .. for Halloween there is only 2. Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain.

When Disneyland does these seasonal offerings .. it's nice to open up the brochure to see there is more than just simply one or two things to see. 3 or 4 Halloween themed attractions would be nice. I don't think that's going over-board.

At Christmas time .... there was Country Bear Jamboree Christmas show. Mickey's Nutcracker stage show at Videopolis, It's A Small World Holiiday along with the holiday parade. There were 4 things. Now .. it's been scaled back a tad .. and Nightmare Before Christmas H.M. has at least picked up the slack a bit.

But anyway .. back on Halloween ......... in the future ... I would like to open up the brochure to see a total of 4 to 6 Halloween themed things to enjoy. Currently ... it's a bit lacking.

And I think they should target B.T.M.R. It's too perfect to pass up.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 08-15-2011 at 04:48 PM.

• -

I do understand how HMH can be annoying to people that live far away but.....they cater to the APs and most of us LOVE it thats why the lines longer during the overlay than even HM in the summer
    I'm an annual passholder, but you can cast my vote for those who hate the holiday mansion. I prefer the original, but then I was never a big fan of Nightmare Before Christmas.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I'm an annual passholder, but you can cast my vote for those who hate the holiday mansion. I prefer the original, but then I was never a big fan of Nightmare Before Christmas.
    I love the original mansion myself.

But I have to say .. as the mansion has been sitting there for 42 years .. it's nice to see a change for a few months out of the year. But I'm always happy when it's reverted back to it's classic state. Too bad they couldn't do that for PotC and Small World.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^do you really HATE it...thats a strong word for it...I can see people disliking but hate just seems a bit much....I dont even Hate Nemo and Buzz...they just are not my types of rides

• Hukuna Matata!

I like the Haunted Mansion XMAS overlay, as long is it is not permanant, Its good for the Season.

• -

^do you really HATE it...thats a strong word for it...I can see people disliking but hate just seems a bit much....I dont even Hate Nemo and Buzz...they just are not my types of rides
    I would say that yes, I hate it. To me it seems like a cheap carnival version of itself. The decorations look nice on the outside, but inside I think it looks cheap, especially the rubber pumpkin heads they stuck over the singing busts.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

A Country Bear Halloween Jamboree!

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Well I'm an Annual Pass holder and I prefer Haunted Mansion Holiday to the regular version - so there!

• This is it... COME ON!!

Would you all quit arguing about HMH? Some people hate it, some people love it. I like the sound of Haunted BTMRR
    Disneyland's closed for all of 2011. See you in 2012. Snow White is now a water ride, Matterhorn has a fullsize basketball court where the Clippers have relocated to, and King Arthur's Carousel is suspended 250ft. in the air.
    Enjoy it while it lasts! LOL!

Proud Premium Passholder

What happened to the old Disney movie opening? The new ones just too long and not classic.

• -

How about Weekend at Lincoln's?. They can put a skeleton in his chair on the stage dressed in his outfit. There can be a string tied around his arm and a cast member can make him wave to the audience.

• Ambassador of good will

the Mark Twain or Columbia would be cool floating down the river with a scary overlay on both the ship(s) and TSI
    They could have stead fog setting over ROA and would be creepy to see the ship peek through the fog in the dark.

• Banned User

None. I go for Disneyland, not Halloween themed-classic attractions. I motion for 1 overlay for Halloween (Ghost Galaxy) and 1 for Christmas (small world). Add a parade, and more special entertainment, but don't disturb the rides please.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I'm not sure how Disney could do an overlay for this attraction without ruining the theme or story of it, but I think a Halloween overlay for Jungle Cruise could be absolutely eerie! (In a good say, mind you!)

• Minion

Princess Fantasy Faire.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast