• The Pumpkin King

Re: what ride would you like to see be overlayed for halloween

Indiana Jones maybe.

• Minion

That would br cool.but how

• -

Innoventions - After you pick out which Best Buy item on display there that you like, a cast member can giftwrap it for you.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Hmmm.....How about the Grand Canyon / Primeval World diorama? You wouldn't even have to shut down the train, just put up curtains while the overlay is installed.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    Hmmm.....How about the Grand Canyon / Primeval World diorama? You wouldn't even have to shut down the train, just put up curtains while the overlay is installed.
    At the rate they are going, they could just replace the curtains that are there now with Holiday ones.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Toad Hall

yes haunted thunder mountain would be my pick
    <font size=4> </font>

• We set sail for the sky

• Banned User

How about something that SHOULDN'T have one: Haunted Mansion. Anyone else see the logic flaw in other rides getting a Halloween overlay, and HM gets closed down at that time to put the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff in?

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    How about something that SHOULDN'T have one: Haunted Mansion. Anyone else see the logic flaw in other rides getting a Halloween overlay, and HM gets closed down at that time to put the Nightmare Before Christmas stuff in?
    HM will be closed 8/29-9/15 for the HMH overlay so it's open during Halloweentime. Having it be Christmas in there during Halloweentime makes a certain amount of sense given the movie's plot about bringing Christmas to Halloween Town.

• The Prince

I would say Big Thunder Mountain would be a nice attraction to have a Halloween overlay. Make it like an abandoned haunted mine train with some fog machines installed and creepy sound effects.

•   
    • Artistic integrity

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - My number one choice. Even by day ... they can do it. In addition to the first lift, and earthquake portions of the ride .. where they have controlled-lighting to do what they want .. there are also a few dark tunnels that are regularly totally blacked-out .. where they can do something. (Ghost projections?)

By night, some eerie mood lighting .. and a few fog effects for the queue area could be quite entertaining.

So ... I hope Disney makes this one of their top picks .. should they add something else to this time of year .. which has become increasingly popular.

• Sock Puppet

In my honest opinion, I do not think we need anotheroverlayed attraction... Before my family got Annual Passes, we used to only goto the Disneyland Resort around my birthday, which happens to fall inSeptember... It got to the point where I barely remembered the original HauntedMansion attraction... I think that the amount of dressed up attractions we haveright now is a sufficient amount... Don't get me wrong, I love Halloween Time'sofferings, but for those people that only have the opportunity to come aroundthat time, I don't think we need another dressed up attraction to offer atDisneyland... Now at California Adventure... It lacks in dressed up rides forthis time of year...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
    In my honest opinion, I do not think we need anotheroverlayed attraction... Before my family got Annual Passes, we used to only goto the Disneyland Resort around my birthday, which happens to fall inSeptember... It got to the point where I barely remembered the original HauntedMansion attraction... I think that the amount of dressed up attractions we haveright now is a sufficient amount... Don't get me wrong, I love Halloween Time'sofferings, but for those people that only have the opportunity to come aroundthat time, I don't think we need another dressed up attraction to offer atDisneyland... Now at California Adventure... It lacks in dressed up rides forthis time of year...
    But....see Big Thunder and Matterhorn would most likely be Night only over lays meaning....you can still ride it normal...and its like there are two versions of one ride making you want to ride it more times..

I do understand how HMH can be annoying to people that live far away but.....they cater to the APs and most of us LOVE it thats why the lines longer during the overlay than even HM in the summer

• Future Cast Member

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It's about a haunted mine train, and they don't even take advantage of the storyline!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast