Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite Disneyland Resort ride of all time?

In either parks what is your absolute favorite explain why!? Mine is definitely Splash Mountain and Space Mountain, Splash because that drop is the best, and the song and animals it's just awesome, and Space because you have no idea where your going!

• -

Re: Favorite Disneyland Resort ride of all time?

Space Mountain is definitely one of my all-time favorites. Especially since the renovations in 2005. It is so much better without all the light pollution. My favorites rotate though, so I would have to say that right now my favorite is the new Star Tours. My 3 1/2 year old is just tall enough to ride it now and the excitement on his face every time we go is totally worth it. Plus, it is an awesome ride.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Star Tours is a way good one too!

• Minion

Haunted Mansion and Star Tours

• This is it... COME ON!!

It's a tough choice, but Space Mountain and the Matterhorn.
    Disneyland's closed for all of 2011. See you in 2012. Snow White is now a water ride, Matterhorn has a fullsize basketball court where the Clippers have relocated to, and King Arthur's Carousel is suspended 250ft. in the air.
    Enjoy it while it lasts! LOL!

Proud Premium Passholder

What happened to the old Disney movie opening? The new ones just too long and not classic.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Haunted Mansion and PeopleMover.

• Minion

Current ones, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and the Disneyland Railroad.
    Past ones, Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland and Adventure thru Inner Space.

• Minion

People Mover. All time.
    Recently, the Tea Cups. It just got me. And it's my daughter's favorite too.

• formerly very helpful

At Disneyland, my favorite is POTC. The feather in Walt Disney's cap. Nothing in California has ever topped it.

Sadly, my all-time favorite Disney attraction of all time is now an extinct attraction. I loved, loved, loved Horizons from Epcot. It was heavy on animatronics, had wonderful music, and was inspiring and entertaining. I still keep hoping beyond hope that someone will decide to put it in to Tomorrowland in Disneyland. Real longshot, here.

people mover cause it was my first ride ever. but matterhorn is it for me. so happy to some TLC being done on the mountain not excited for the new bobsleds but gosh i just love that ride!!!

• Keepin' it calsteady

Too many people are listing more than one ride - you can only have one favorite ride of all time, people!

I understand the conundrum because I can think of three nominees myself:
    1. Pirates of the Caribbean for being such an immersive, only-at-Disneyland experience.
    2. Space Mountain for being such a great adventure all the way from entering the space station, looking down on the loading area and hearing all the pssh-pssh-clunk-clunk activity, to the launch tube's lighting to the countdown to finally shooting through the dark, it's just a fantastic ride where each step builds up the experience a little more.
    3. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - It doesn't have the been-riding-my-entire-life nostalgia of the other two, and is all the more impressive for it. It has the fun Twilight Zone opening room, the suitably creepy service basement queue that builds the suspense, and then the cool mirror effect and waving goodbye before the startling ride up and down the elevator shaft that I think is the most fun ride experience in the parks.
    It's a very difficult decision, but I must choose one. I choose...to not choose any of them and save it for a future post on my blog instead. I need more time to think about this one.

• The Prince

I love Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. However I would have loved experienced Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland but it wasn't during my time.

My favorite rides of all time are POTC and Star Tours. POTC because of how well it does of transporting you into a different world and Star Tours for how the experience is different just about every time you ride it.

• Banned User

When all effects working, Indy smashes everything else out of the water. Such a complete, thought-out experience. As a whole, thematically it makes more sense than any other attraction in Disneyland, for me atleast.

However the ride does not have all effects working and is in rather poor condition. So at the present time, Pirates is my favorite.

Pirates. Ask me again in 10 years, Pirates. Ask me in 50 years, Pirates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast