Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

42 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

Re: What are some jobs at the Disneyland Resort?

Quote Originally Posted by Tink2008 View Post
    Nobody has mentioned a degree in education. I looked at some websites and I didn't see anything that related to my situation. I have a B.A. in Liberal Arts and a Master's in Special Education. I was laid off over a year ago when the school was closed down. If I can't find a teaching position, I was thinking of living in Southern Cal close to my relatives. I was wandering if I could get a job at the resort with my background. I have some shift leader experience from working at pizza restaurants. (Maybe I can work at Pizza Port!) Also, I might take some business classes so I can work in different areas of the company. If anyone has some suggestions, I would appreciate it. At least I'll be at Disneyland soon with my daughter thanks to my dad.
    Have you ever thought about working at the studios? I know that they have teachers on set for child actors...just a thought. I know it's not "at Disneyland" but it's for the company.
    Disney bucket list:

Go to Club 33
    Tour the Walt Disney Studios
    Work for Disney

I was thinking about that. I would like to write scripts for TV cartoons or attractions. However, I'm sure people working for the company for awhile have first dibs. As for Coolcats304, try to take as many courses that involved in English, math, science, and business in high school. This at least it might help decide what you want to do. My daughter took some art classes in high school and college and is trying to go to an art school in San Francisco of SJSU. She would like to become an animator and do storyboards and other things in the field.

• Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Hopefully, I'm not getting off topic here, but what kind of jobs could you get with Disney if you're a history major? I've always wanted to be an Imagineer, but math and science aren't exactly my thing anymore and I have always loved history!

Anyways, coolcats304, I came up with the most perfect plan yesterday! I'm definitely going to go to college and major in something I enjoy that way I can have something to fall back on. Then I'll marry someone who makes at least decent money so I can just enjoy life and work as a tourguide at Disneyland for fun. Perhaps it won't happen, but it sounds pretty darn perfect to me!(: Later on in life, since I'll have a degree I could also perhaps change careers or work my way up at Disney. Of course I won't depend on these plans because they're not likely, it's more just a dream
    Sweet! Marry money, I like that idea

I am okay at math and science, but i'd much rather read or study history so I am right there with you
    Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    If you have connections in Imagineering already, you're in. Or it would seem so in, at least, some capacity.

Connections in the industry are huge. You can have a degree from one of the most prominent film/cinema schools in the country such as USC or NYU, and from what I understand it is still about who you know. My ex worked for Warners and pretty much said as much. You still have to have a skill to sell, but it seems like getting in with those connections is a huge part of the equation in the business.

What about CalArts....doesn't that school have a tie-in to Disney, somehow?
    There was a cool video posted about Disney and CalArts.

Thanks everyone for the awesome advice! I will surely looking into it. I have now think I might become a sound designer for imagineering.

coolcats304

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123