Page 10 of 104 FirstFirst ... 78910111213203560 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

So they managed to find one of the few remaining areas of the park that wasn't all tooned up and added toons to it. Hooray.

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Jinx!

Double-Jinx!
    Amazingly, all three of our posts were at 5:29 so that's really jinxy!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    instead of the classic swing dancing/band stage and bordering Frontierland entrance...not so good. We'll wait and see...hope it just isn't a hot mess.
    And at night, the Fantasy Faire Stage will come alive with the classic music and dance offerings that Disneyland park guests have loved for years.
    From the Disney Parks Blog post about this. They aren't getting rid of the classic swing dancing or band stage at all. Just remodling it to multipurpose the area.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• All-American

Hmm... I would say Fantasyland already started invading the hub years ago (2008?) with Pixie Hollow. Between the Castle, Pixie Hollow, Jolly Holliday, and the new Princess area, it sounds like the hub is definitely now Fantasyland territory.

Still, I kind of like the idea - the gardens do seem like a natural fit for the princesses, considering its proximity to the castle, and at least the princesses will be semi-contained in their own land. And the swing bands will still play at night - so, in a way, the area is now even more fully-utilized than it was before. And it leaves the Fantasyland Theater free to make room for the rumored stage show going there. Lots of plusses here.
    Last edited by MarkTwain; 08-19-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    From the Disney Parks Blog post about this. They aren't getting rid of the classic swing dancing or band stage at all. Just remodling it to multipurpose the area.
    Hmm, maybe they should go all the way on this... Swing music in a medieval village??

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Cheers, thank you.....missed that sentence on first read through. Here's hoping that stays accurate...they've changed their minds before about things, and will take some getting used to seeing the 'modern' bands on a medieval/Fantasyland style stage, but it is workable.

Thanks very much mycroft!
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Hmm... I would say Fantasyland already started invading the hub years ago (2008?) with Pixie Hollow. Between the Castle, Pixie Hollow, Jolly Holliday, and the new Princess area, it sounds like the hub is definitely now Fantasyland territory.

Still, I kind of like the idea - the gardens do seem like a natural fit for the princesses, considering its proximity to the castle, and at least the princesses will be semi-contained in their own land. And at least the swing bands will still play at night - so, in a way, the area is now even more fully-utilized than it was before. And it leaves the Fantasyland Theater free to make room for the rumored stage show going there.
    I've always viewed the border of Main Street past "the hub" as more of transitional (is that even a word?) pads than anything else. If anything, this new area for PFF will only strengthen the transitionariness of that part of the park. (So I made up a word! What of it?! LOL)

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Hmm, maybe they should go all the way on this... Swing music in a medieval village??
    It does specify the Fantasy Faire Stage, which from the descriptions and art seems to be a separate area and not right in the middle of the "village square" part of it. Again, we're going to have to wait and see the final layout of this, but from what they showed, it seems to be a off to be exactly where it is now, while the village part is where the large open area is now (between the stage and the castle). I'm sure it will be themed as well, but they may ease up on the theme in this part so that it works a bit better.

Besides, the band that currently plays in the Fantasyland areas doesn't really play theme appropriate music either. It should be a German Um-pa band strictly speaking.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disney Fan & Musician

With PFF expanding into Carnation Gardens, what does this mean for Fantasyland Theatre? New show? New attraction?
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    With PFF expanding into Carnation Gardens, what does this mean for Fantasyland Theatre? New show? New attraction?
    I would take a guess and say another stage production. Although, I would GLADLY welcome one or two more dark rides to the area. I'm thinking "Beauty And The Beast" and/or "Cinderella" could work wonderfully.

• Forgotten Spirit

Ummmm, from what I've been told....
    Land, attraction, its all in consideration.

It does specify the Fantasy Faire Stage, which from the descriptions and art seems to be a separate area and not right in the middle of the "village square" part of it. Again, we're going to have to wait and see the final layout of this, but from what they showed, it seems to be a off to be exactly where it is now, while the village part is where the large open area is now (between the stage and the castle). I'm sure it will be themed as well, but they may ease up on the theme in this part so that it works a bit better.
    True, though the second photo shows medieval flags and bunting that will make Swing music feel a little out of place. I'm sure they will make it work, it's just a bit of a concern.

Anyone have the Photoshop skills to use a satellite view of the area and convert the FF artwork into plan views on top of the satellite view to give us a better feel for how it will use the space?

The third photo seems to show the building opposite the structures in the first photo. You can even see that building off to the right in the first photo. Unless, they are two different ideas for art.

---------- Post added 08-19-2011 at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    Ummmm, from what I've been told....
    Land, attraction, its all in consideration.
    Do you mean either/or or all inclusive?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Doesn't say, yet...just that the space is theoretically freed up. Fantasyland Stage isn't mentioned at all by name.

Also interesting is that they mention characters from Brave being included...the lead, to judge from early material, seems rather more like a actual warrior instead of a princess, compared to the rest (Mulan not counted, but she appears in princess format at PFF right? I never go in there)
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Do you mean either/or or all inclusive?
    Either or, nothing is currently planned.

Clearly, its too early to tell. We don't even know when this project will start.

Page 10 of 104 FirstFirst ... 78910111213203560 ... LastLast