Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 5176919899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1553

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

Went on Matterhorn last night and all I can say is ...OUCH!! The new seats have no padding and there is hardly any leg room my knees were at my chest.

So, single rider is avalible on Matterhorn? Does it work like all the other attractions that offer that option?

• Minion

Aw, man. They didn't restore the original "Remain seated please" line. I thought they would since seatbelts are locked now. I also thought they'd add more padding to the seats. Hmph. Oh well, I love the single seating and The 'Horn itself looks fabulous!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I agree with Westsider. I think Vynalmation is the stupidest and ugliest stuff ever created. It has no artistic value at all and the figures are ugly. Now they are taking cars and monorails and making ugly things out of hunks of plastic. Painting them with sparkly paint does not a thing of beauty make. It is in the eye of the beholder, and my eye says UGLY!! Just my opinion and I have better Disney things to spend my money on.
    I disagree, I think Vinymaton is pretty cool. Its kind of Japanese inspired, so the characters etc are not meant to be an exact representation. Its very stylized and artful. I think some of them are pretty neat.

• "What? What?"

I don't understand the leg room issue. I rode ti twice this weekend and at 6 feet tall I didn't have any issue with leg room.

Yes the ride is VERY bumpy, but that has nothing to do with the neovations or new bobselds.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    So, single rider is avalible on Matterhorn? Does it work like all the other attractions that offer that option?
    Pretty much. The CM gives you a slip of paper (they haven't printed any SR passes yet), and you are directed to one of two queues. The service was temporarily shut down on Friday because the parade was passing by, and the unusually long Standby queue was blocking the entrance. It should be open during parades once the lines die down.

• We set sail for the sky

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I agree with Westsider. I think Vynalmation is the stupidest and ugliest stuff ever created. It has no artistic value at all and the figures are ugly. Now they are taking cars and monorails and making ugly things out of hunks of plastic. Painting them with sparkly paint does not a thing of beauty make. It is in the eye of the beholder, and my eye says UGLY!! Just my opinion and I have better Disney things to spend my money on.
    I completely agree. You stole the thoughts right out of my head. I cringe every time I walk into any store in DRL and see that stuff. It's such a blatant example of manufacturing something new to collect, and sadly it seems that people are falling for it. As a result, virtually every single store in the resort features them front and center. Look, it's a piece of plastic that is shaped like Mickey! But wait! It has different designs on it! And you don't know which one you get until you open the box! Bleccchhh. They probably wouldn't bother me so much if they were made from a different material that was a little bit more eco-friendly. We all know those ugly things are going to end up in a landfill somewhere when the fad of collecting them reaches its merciful end.

End rant.

On another note, I'm disappointed to hear about the Matterhorn bobsleds. I was really excited for them because I've never liked the lap-sitting aspect, and I was hoping that they would use this opportunity to create a more comfy experience for riders. Of course, I'm only 5'6", so I'll probably be fine, but a little extra padding and a slightly elevated seat would've helped to make the ride more comfortable for everyone.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    I don't understand the leg room issue. I rode ti twice this weekend and at 6 feet tall I didn't have any issue with leg room.

Yes the ride is VERY bumpy, but that has nothing to do with the neovations or new bobselds.
    Thank-you for being the only one I've seen actually say that you were comfortable!!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

On the subject of the Matterhorn...

Leg room was ok in the rear seats. I bumped my knees on the seat in front of me a few times, but it was manageable. The front seats have no such problem. However, the angle of the seatback left me no option but to sit square on my tailbone. OUCH!!

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 11:30 PM ----------

Oh- I suppose I should give my height. lol
    I'm 6'3.5" tall with a 34 inseam, for reference.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    On the subject of the Matterhorn...

Leg room was ok in the rear seats. I bumped my knees on the seat in front of me a few times, but it was manageable. The front seats have no such problem. However, the angle of the seatback left me no option but to sit square on my tailbone. OUCH!!
    Im still waiting for DPB to announce that new limited edition glow in the dark collectors item Matterhorn seat cushions are now on sale in the queue lol. I'm seriously contemplating bringing my seat pad in my backpack!
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

I have a question, how big are the new seats for the Matterhorn? I'm on the large side and I have a hard time buckling myself on some of the rides.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Im still waiting for DPB to announce that new limited edition glow in the dark collectors item Matterhorn seat cushions are now on sale in the queue lol. I'm seriously contemplating bringing my seat pad in my backpack!
    Ha, I was thinking the same thing...

It's very strange to me that the one thing many people have been complaining about for many years (lack of padding) is something not only that they didn't address, but actually made WORSE! At least the old sleds had a little padding. Seems like these have none at all.

• Fireworks Finatic!

I am 6' 2" tall and rode the Matterhorn today (awesome single rider line! A walk-on!) in the front seat. Yes, my legs were bent, but I was NOT uncomfortable. Actually sitting that close to the track, thanks to the short nose of the bobsled, it added a bit of a thrill to it for me.. I think a lot of it depends on your level of comfort...

• "What? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    I am 6' 2" tall and rode the Matterhorn today (awesome single rider line! A walk-on!) in the front seat. Yes, my legs were bent, but I was NOT uncomfortable. Actually sitting that close to the track, thanks to the short nose of the bobsled, it added a bit of a thrill to it for me.. I think a lot of it depends on your level of comfort...
    I too went back last night to ride Matterhorn to see if I was crazy for not finding it uncomfortable. I am 6' even and I again had no problem with leg room. I wouldn't epect them to make cars for anyone over 6' to stretch their legs out. In fact... it's more uncomfortable sitting on the wheel well on radiator springs racers... since you have to kinda fold your outside leg under you other to fit.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• Tortilla Enthusiast

I just started sitting cross legged and it's way more comfortable. Just hold yourself forward on the bumpy parts and the ride is great! Love the new sleds and the SR line!