Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4547994101102103104
Results 1,546 to 1,553 of 1553

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

Yea, I'm confused too. I'm positive Test Track has closed already...

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Yea, I'm confused too. I'm positive Test Track has closed already...
    It did close at the begining of the month.

Test Track did close for refurbishment but Disney was being very shady about it beforehand, like they didn't want to tell guests that it was closing.

In January, Disney & GM issued a press release stating that Test Track would be refurbished, starting in April and reopening in September. And then neither company said anything about it for months. The press release was pulled from their media sites. The ride's closure was not listed on any calenders on the Disney World website. Test Track cast members reportedly hadn't even been told of any closing or work relocation for themselves, so inquiring guests were given weird and misinformed answers when asking about the ride's impending closure. It wasn't until TWO WEEKS before the ride closed that a PR rep from Disney, responding to criticism over their messy handling of the ride's closing, finally confirmed that the ride was indeed closing on April 16. But the Disney World website said that it wasn't closing until July 1 (It closed on April 16). And shortly after that, internal calenders stated that the ride would remain closed through November. Then when park maps were updated, they were very careful to not say that Test Track is closed and instead replaced the ride's description with "We're gearing up for an excited, reimagined Test Track! When complete, blah blah blah..."

That's what Bronco21 was referring to.

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    Test Track did close for refurbishment but Disney was being very shady about it beforehand, like they didn't want to tell guests that it was closing.

In January, Disney & GM issued a press release stating that Test Track would be refurbished, starting in April and reopening in September. And then neither company said anything about it for months. The press release was pulled from their media sites. The ride's closure was not listed on any calenders on the Disney World website. Test Track cast members reportedly hadn't even been told of any closing or work relocation for themselves, so inquiring guests were given weird and misinformed answers when asking about the ride's impending closure. It wasn't until TWO WEEKS before the ride closed that a PR rep from Disney, responding to criticism over their messy handling of the ride's closing, finally confirmed that the ride was indeed closing on April 16. But the Disney World website said that it wasn't closing until July 1 (It closed on April 16). And shortly after that, internal calenders stated that the ride would remain closed through November. Then when park maps were updated, they were very careful to not say that Test Track is closed and instead replaced the ride's description with "We're gearing up for an excited, reimagined Test Track! When complete, blah blah blah..."

That's what Bronco21 was referring to.
    Interesting. Hadn't heard any of that before.

It would completely shock me if Disney does that yet again, on 2 more E-ticket attractions at Disneyland (Big Thunder and Indy).
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• Minion

My coworker just got back from Disneyland. She said the Matterhorn is still fun, but the seats are like sitting on plastic...no padding. She also said they had only one line that then split for the two sides once you got to the covered queue.

Honestly, I wish they would reopen the other side of the Matterhorn line and keep two separate lines except for when the parade comes through. It's frustrating because with 1 line...it then get's held up because most want to ride the Tomorrowland side while the Fantasyland side has hardly a wait...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    My coworker just got back from Disneyland. She said the Matterhorn is still fun, but the seats are like sitting on plastic...no padding. She also said they had only one line that then split for the two sides once you got to the covered queue.

Honestly, I wish they would reopen the other side of the Matterhorn line and keep two separate lines except for when the parade comes through. It's frustrating because with 1 line...it then get's held up because most want to ride the Tomorrowland side while the Fantasyland side has hardly a wait...
    Really, I saw a CM at the merge point assigning which side each group goes in.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Really, I saw a CM at the merge point assigning which side each group goes in.
    They've done that, yes. But, when you have people asking for a certain side it does hold up the line as opposed to getting in a line for that specific side. I just don't understand why they do 1 line now instead of 2 (if this is their final choice).

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Hello Trackers!

With the major DCA remodel completed, I've combined the Disneyland Resort Project Tracker and the DCA Project Tracker under one big new thread. Please head over there!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |