Page 14 of 104 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617243964 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

I hope the freed up space of the Fantasyland Theater is a version of the new 7 Dwarves coaster they are putting in Florida.
    The Mur

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    I hope the freed up space of the Fantasyland Theater is a version of the new 7 Dwarves coaster they are putting in Florida.
    I don't, I'd rather we keep our existing Snow White ride and let there be differences between the parks. If we must get a minetrain coaster maybe put it somewhere else with a different theme. I'd perfer we share an attraction with China or Japan and even Paris before sharing attractions with other US parks.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    I don't, I'd rather we keep our existing Snow White ride and let there be differences between the parks. If we must get a minetrain coaster maybe put it somewhere else with a different theme. I'd perfer we share an attraction with China or Japan and even Paris before sharing attractions with other US parks.
    I agree with this!!!
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Shiver Me Knee Caps

Quote Originally Posted by FantasiaFan View Post
    they don't look bad in WDW but DON'T touch the original unless you add more movement to the AA's
    The original "AA's" (if you can call them that) are pretty cheesy as is if you ask me. Yes they're fun but if they can enhance them with higher quality AA's or interactive animated ones, I would welcome it with open arms. Only if they would be enhanced not a change for change's sake. I don't subscribe to keeping old rides as is just because their old or original...WDI should and I think, are, always looking at ways to improve the guest experience even if that means updating and improving existing rides and attractions and I applaud that...

Wow, I've been to Disneyland countless times and I never even noticed that the Carnation Plaza Gardens stage off of the hub, I guess I go straight to Adventureland every time. I think the Fantasy Fair will look great next to the castle. Looking forward to it!

• I'm not really here

We have several incredible projects currently in the works and look forward to sharing more information with all of you in the weeks and months ahead[...]
    Tom Staggs via Disney Parks Blog.
    Special Thanks to D23 Expo Attendees Disney Parks Blog

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Shiver Me Knee Caps

Quote Originally Posted by Chip and Dale View Post
    To me is just seems like Fantasyland is overflowing into Main Street. Surely they could have put this in the old Motorboat Cruise area instead?

But on the upside, hopefully the Fantasyland theatre will get a new show on the same level as Aladdin at DCA.
    The hub is not considered part of main street is it?? I never thought so...I think this area of the park needs more life...there's a lot of unused space here. Yes I like the big band/swing dancing and I think they will keep that, they are just enhancing the overall use of this area of the park and when it's busy at DL, Fantasyland is way too over crowded. This will add some relief to it....I like it

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

this new event/area should at least bring in some crowd relief over to the area..
    Carnation gardens as of now is empty at opening to late afternoons on the weekdays from what ive seen (mostly people are usually near the area for a meet and greet )

this should least give us hopefully something to look forward to in the near future...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Notice he didn't say something would be coming ON the tracks, just that something is coming soon. This doesn't mean PM, or a PM replacement, just something in the area soon.
    What happened was that during the panel Mr. Baxter was showing old footage of Tomorrowland and was noting how the center structure of Tomorrowland used to be the load/unload for the Peoplemover, then it had an attraction on top (Rocket Jets), but now "it just sits there and looks pretty". Realizing he just gave his own thinly veiled criticism, he then joked to himself "Tell us how you really feel" and then said to the crowd "I know, I know... we're working on it."

So he was mostly referring to that central structure and not necessarily anything to do with the Peoplemover tracks themselves. He could just as easily mean a new ride is going up where the Rocket Jets used to be, or something else. All that can be sure is that Tony gets that Tomorrowland needs some work. Having his grand plans squashed in 1998, he probably gets it more than anybody, actually. You really get the sense that Tony wants what's best for Disneyland and that he wishes he could get budgets to make it all happen for us.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by WED View Post
    So he was mostly referring to that central structure and not necessarily anything to do with the Peoplemover tracks themselves. He could just as easily mean a new ride is going up where the Rocket Jets used to be, or something else. All that can be sure is that Tony gets that Tomorrowland needs some work. Having his grand plans squashed in 1998, he probably gets it more than anybody, actually.
    Hey, thanks for the clarification. Love his sense of humor.

Mr. Baxter definitely does understand that Tomorrowland needs work, and has understood this for some time. It seems that plans for work here are nearing a point where they can start sharing.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Testing new bobsled on Matterhorn right now!

https://twitter.com/socaldork/status/105727131878817793

Thomas Storer - New bobsled in motion!! - Twitvid

http://t.co/P1KFTvU

http://t.co/1Jv9AQo

http://t.co/1O9GT9k

From my twitter account^

This is my first time tweeting like this, so please forgive me if it doesn't work right.

• Banned User

GREAT pictures! Totally love the nostalgic/modern look of these new bobsleds. Much more stylish than the previous ones!!!

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    Disagree. Snow White never has a line, is too scary for the young ones and too boring for the middle aged ones (almost need to drag my 5 and 9 year old daughters onto this ride) and it would be great to see a nice upgrade that the mine train would provide(that is if they don't skimp on the AA's).

Having said that, I could imagine a mine train going over at DCA by the rapids themed to the gold rush.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Testing new bobsled on Matterhorn right now!
    woo! I like the colors

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    GREAT pictures! Totally love the nostalgic/modern look of these new bobsleds. Much more stylish than the previous ones!!!
    I, too, am quite in love with them. Since this one has different colors than the earlier one they tested, I wonder if they've changed the color scheme for all of the sleds, or if each side will have it's own color? I think it'd be fun if they did different colors for each side.