Page 15 of 104 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718254065 ... LastLast

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post
    GREAT pictures! Totally love the nostalgic/modern look of these new bobsleds. Much more stylish than the previous ones!!!
    yes!!! Totally agree. Reminds me of the new monorails, stylish, modern, yet still retro and nostalgic. Hope thru have blue ones too. Red on FL side blue on TL side

• Banned User

Wow, they look nice!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I, too, am quite in love with them. Since this one has different colors than the earlier one they tested, I wonder if they've changed the color scheme for all of the sleds, or if each side will have it's own color? I think it'd be fun if they did different colors for each side.
    Well don't forget that in its early days the sleds were all sorts of different colors:

http://www.yesterland.com/eticket.html
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ice101 View Post

What a tease....
    Sorry to backtrack with the Matterhorn excitement underway.....

Reopening the Tahitian Terrace for an event is pretty self explanatory, but in what capacity could a Circle-Vision film return? As far as I know, such a theater doesn't exist anymore .... where do you think they'll put one, if they do? Or how else do you think this be carried out?

A little birdy told me that POTC is going down for an extended refurb next month lasting until December. I hear they will be completely rebuilding the dock areas to be ADA compliant as well as replacing numerous things with the flume and water pumps. Is there any truth to this? Couldn't find anything.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ieguy View Post
    A little birdy told me that POTC is going down for an extended refurb next month lasting until December. I hear they will be completely rebuilding the dock areas to be ADA compliant as well as replacing numerous things with the flume and water pumps. Is there any truth to this? Couldn't find anything.
    I've seen some rumors of this. Who wants to bet the find more ways to incorporate the movies in to the ride *cough*mermaids*cough*
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

[QUOTE=mycroft16;1056610519]Tony Baxter on DL Peoplemover: "I promise that something is coming soon." QUOTE]
    mycroft, that's an interesting little tidbit. I know one day they'll get something new and exciting back into TL- E-Ticket level of "exciting". But I've heard Tony say these things before and sometimes they just seem to get indefinitely delayed. A few years ago I was part of a small conversation with him about various things and someone brought up things in Indy (one of which was the jiggly-Indy animatronic before it had been upgraded a season or two ago). And someone asked about the broken stuff inthe queue that hasn't worked in years and the "dark area of nothing" turn in the middle (where you come out of the fire pit area through a dark cave just before the vehicle "stalls"). Tony was like "I know. I know. I have some ideas. We're working on it." Unfortunately, nothing other than replacing the jittery Indy seems to have come to light. Tony is my god of Imagineers and I have mountains of esteem and respect for him, but as much as he wants to do alot of stuff inthe parks, I think he gets handcuffed in the end by budgets.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalUW View Post
    But I've heard Tony say these things before and sometimes they just seem to get indefinitely delayed.
    It does feel that way. Unfortunately that's just a project working it's slow way through the slow design and corporate approval process. He may have been talking about this since the earliest Blue Sky days, and through the design phase and through the various pitches and redesigns and who know where we are in the process, but given how long it's been talked about by people like Tony Baxter, it's gotta be getting close to the green light phase.

They definitely know about all these things that we notice and complain about. The problem is getting everything approved that needs work. Thankfully, with TSMM and WoC going off so well and TLM and DCA Phase I being such hits so far, budgets are much more likely to be approved quicker and giving WDI much more creative control over things and less managerial interference in projects. If you've noticed, the quality of Concept Art has gone up in the last couple of years in a dramatic way.

Hopefully these things start coming to fruition fairly soon.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I've seen some rumors of this. Who wants to bet the find more ways to incorporate the movies in to the ride *cough*mermaids*cough*
    yeah those twilight mermaids? hahaha i hope not

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    Sorry to backtrack with the Matterhorn excitement underway.....

Reopening the Tahitian Terrace for an event is pretty self explanatory, but in what capacity could a Circle-Vision film return? As far as I know, such a theater doesn't exist anymore .... where do you think they'll put one, if they do? Or how else do you think this be carried out?
    Innoventions.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by burkesox98 View Post
    yeah those twilight mermaids? hahaha i hope not
    "twilight mermaids" are you saying they made you think of that obnoxious franchise, cause I didn't connect the awesome mermaids to Twilight (ick) at all.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Carbon based

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    If you've noticed, the quality of Concept Art has gone up in the last couple of years in a dramatic way.
    Quick funny one on concept art: they do a lot of reverse concept art now in terms if pre-visualization. Basically, they can draw something quickly, scan it to get a rough model, then use that model to hand paint concept art work on it from different angles, with lighting, landscape clipping and the like.

This has allowed a much larger quantity of concept art that 'matches' from one piece to the other, better lighting/decoration/painting studies at an early stage, better overall concept art mock-up by assembling pieces in the computer,etc.

Some of the results are nothing short of spectacular. I was talking to both somebody doing a lot of previsualization for rides and concept and, on a completely different area, to the guys in charge of the 'digital watercolor' for the latest 'Winnie the pooh'.

If you want to see an example of quick digital art to build a concept, look at the latest Sarge's surplus picture or most of the 'hand painted' pics from the Radiator Spring Realty.

In fact, look at the following two views from Mint's capture of that session:

...it's the same picture

• Dave

Blog Entries

Another Expo and still no People Mover
    Dave

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    Another Expo and still no People Mover
    Not really that surprising.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Potential Layout for Fantasy Faire?

Name:  FF Potential Layout?.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  175.7 KB