Page 16 of 104 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819264166 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    Another Expo and still no People Mover
    You should probably let that go.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by socalkdg View Post
    Disagree. Snow White never has a line, is too scary for the young ones and too boring for the middle aged ones (almost need to drag my 5 and 9 year old daughters onto this ride) and it would be great to see a nice upgrade that the mine train would provide(that is if they don't skimp on the AA's).

Having said that, I could imagine a mine train going over at DCA by the rapids themed to the gold rush.
    Our daughter has ridden Snow White since 10 months and has no problem riding it. She loves it. It's just depends on the child I guess. I personally like it and I think it may be the only one left in a Disney park.

• I'm not really here

Snow White has always been one of my absolute favorite rides at the entire resort. For many and varied reasons.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

With the Fantasy Faire, Jolly Bakery Cafe and hopefully *fingers crossed* a stage show in FL, it's going to help alleviate the crowds.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
    With the Fantasy Faire, Jolly Bakery Cafe and hopefully *fingers crossed* a stage show in FL, it's going to help alleviate the crowds.
    I'm hoping that with the kitchen back in use for Jolly Holiday Bakery that they will put a restaurant in the Adventureland side again
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

I don't think that it's a coincidence that things are being moved and spaces are being freed up. There are plans for the Fantasyland Theater and Aladdin's Oasis area.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I don't think that it's a coincidence that things are being moved and spaces are being freed up. There are plans for the Fantasyland Theater and Aladdin's Oasis area.
    This is my thought. Can we have people on the look out to find out if the Festival of Fools arena stops hosting the Music in the Parks awards ceremony, if they move that, they'll be closer to getting implementing new plans for Frontierland
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    This is my thought. Can we have people on the look out to find out if the Festival of Fools arena stops hosting the Music in the Parks awards ceremony, if they move that, they'll be closer to getting implementing new plans for Frontierland
    I can't be the only one who thinks a Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride would be an appropriate segue from Frontierland to Fantasyland. If you made it so that the Snow White references were only visible from the Fantasyland side, it could be a very nice fit into the theatre space.

You'd even still have room to expand Frontierland into the festival/ranch space later.

• Future Imagineer

Recently I read an article with information about the company that supplies tiki props/decor for Trader Sam's as well as Adventureland (I'm pretty sure it was a blog on MiceAge)... I think the name of the company was something like Far East.

I have searched all over the place for that article, could anyone help me locate that post or give me the name of the "tiki prop" company?
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

• Carbon based

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    Our daughter has ridden Snow White since 10 months and has no problem riding it. She loves it. It's just depends on the child I guess. I personally like it and I think it may be the only one left in a Disney park.
    Only one left in the US. It's in Disneyland Paris and in Tokyo Disneyland (and both look pretty good btw )

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    Another Expo and still no People Mover
    Completely agree.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by DCA2001 View Post
    Potential Layout for Fantasy Faire?

Attachment 12791
    Yes and no I think. The area in red is likely to be fantasy faire. However the dance stage is likely part of the makeover. It could be reethemed from what concept art shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayati View Post
    Recently I read an article with information about the company that supplies tiki props/decor for Trader Sam's as well as Adventureland (I'm pretty sure it was a blog on MiceAge)... I think the name of the company was something like Far East.

I have searched all over the place for that article, could anyone help me locate that post or give me the name of the "tiki prop" company?
    I think it's oceanic arts

http://oceanicarts.net/

If the Tahitian Terrace comes back it would be more good news. But like the rumored Ghirardelli factory in DCA this is too good to be true.

With that said, I think around this time next year would be a good time to close down one of their E-tickets at DL, either Thunder Mountain (rumored to get a track replacement soon) or Indy. With these new spaces being used (including RSR) it wouldn't hurt the DLR to close down either one to give it their much needed overhaul and enhancements. Maybe they can do it in two phases like they're doing with the Matterhorn. I'd assume both BTMRR and IJA would need around 6-7 months, if we're lucky we'll get one refurb in 2012 and the remaining one the following year.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
    If the Tahitian Terrace comes back it would be more good news. But like the rumored Ghirardelli factory in DCA this is too good to be true.

With that said, I think around this time next year would be a good time to close down one of their E-tickets at DL, either Thunder Mountain (rumored to get a track replacement soon) or Indy. With these new spaces being used (including RSR) it wouldn't hurt the DLR to close down either one to give it their much needed overhaul and enhancements. Maybe they can do it in two phases like they're doing with the Matterhorn. I'd assume both BTMRR and IJA would need around 6-7 months, if we're lucky we'll get one refurb in 2012 and the remaining one the following year.
    That is possible, they did Space Mt in 2005 so it should be good for a while, and they just did Splash Mt this year, and Matterhorn will be now/winter so if they did something like this I'd be all for it. And I think with George K, Tom Staggs, John Lasseter, Tony Baxter, and Bob Iger all in very respectful places, and they all care about how the park looks, not just how much $$$ they make, I thnk we have the right leadership to make it happen now.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th