Page 17 of 104 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920274267 ... LastLast

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I can't be the only one who thinks a Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride would be an appropriate segue from Frontierland to Fantasyland. If you made it so that the Snow White references were only visible from the Fantasyland side, it could be a very nice fit into the theatre space.

You'd even still have room to expand Frontierland into the festival/ranch space later.
    Fantasyland theater is located between fantasyland and toontown not fantasyland and frontierland.

I certainly understand the desire for this type of ride. It looks REALLY mild to me though and just sort of neat not really showstopping at all. I think there are some attractions worthy of being cloned around the world but I'm not sure that the minetrain coaster is really one of them. I'm certainly growing tired of the recent trend of nearly identical clones being dropped into parks lately. Mild differences in queue is just not enough for me.

If something goes into the theater spot or the motorboat cruise I don't NEED it to replicate a ride system that just happens to be in recent memory. I'm just as happy to see a ride that uses the Pooh ride system from TDL or maybe something totally new. Maybe a ride that's like Peter Pan but lasts longer?

I know its popular to ask for WDW's new ride, I just don't really see a reason to beg for it other then its something that sits in all of our recent memory. If they do clone it I hope they take time and do it like how they used to do rides like Splash Mountain and make the next version different and improved.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    Fantasyland theater is located between fantasyland and toontown not fantasyland and frontierland.

I certainly understand the desire for this type of ride. It looks REALLY mild to me though and just sort of neat not really showstopping at all. I think there are some attractions worthy of being cloned around the world but I'm not sure that the minetrain coaster is really one of them. I'm certainly growing tired of the recent trend of nearly identical clones being dropped into parks lately. Mild differences in queue is just not enough for me.

If something goes into the theater spot or the motorboat cruise I don't NEED it to replicate a ride system that just happens to be in recent memory. I'm just as happy to see a ride that uses the Pooh ride system from TDL or maybe something totally new. Maybe a ride that's like Peter Pan but lasts longer?

I know its popular to ask for WDW's new ride, I just don't really see a reason to beg for it other then its something that sits in all of our recent memory. If they do clone it I hope they take time and do it like how they used to do rides like Splash Mountain and make the next version different and improved.
    The only thing they are getting that I want cloned for DLR is the Be Our Guest Restaurant
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• I'm not really here

Actually it's located between both. Fantasyland and Toon Town in a North-South direction and Fantasyland and Frontierland in an East-West direction.

That said, there is plenty of room (green circle) for Frontierland to expand into already. Tons that just isn't being used. Compare that green circled area to the size of Thunder Mountain.

The theater area that could be expanded into is circled in blue. It's pretty sizable as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

I think it would be fun to have a water coaster as a new E Ticket for Frontierland. Maybe it could tell the story of an old geyser (this is where you get shot out from) and how it's cursed by the people of the land...sort of along the storyline of Big Thunder. The whole Frontierland is cursed. :0)

I don't think many people would be okay with this, but what if they took out the Fantasyland theater and expanded ToonTown to make another entrance to it?

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    I don't think many people would be okay with this, but what if they took out the Fantasyland theater and expanded ToonTown to make another entrance to it?
    It should be possible to use some of that area for a ride building for Toon Town. Have the ride entrance in TT and put the building on the west side of the theater area. Queue crossing under the train tracks. That still leaves plenty of room for a Fantasyland expansion into the other part of the area.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Actually it's located between both. Fantasyland and Toon Town in a North-South direction and Fantasyland and Frontierland in an East-West direction.

That said, there is plenty of room (green circle) for Frontierland to expand into already. Tons that just isn't being used. Compare that green circled area to the size of Thunder Mountain.

The theater area that could be expanded into is circled in blue. It's pretty sizable as well.
    In the most literal sense yes. But I can't see them shoving in another transition from Fantasyland to Frontierland back there. I'm also fairly certain there is a backstage road back there that they probably won't just do away with and if anything would become a ride maintenance area.

If they built Snow White in that area you wouldn't see a visual segway from minecarts to a minetrain in Frontierland. You'd see a visual transition from storybook canal boats and It's a Small World to Toontown/DLRR
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• I'm not really here

In the most literal sense yes. But I can't see them shoving in another transition from Fantasyland to Frontierland back there. I'm also fairly certain there is a backstage road back there that they probably won't just do away with and if anything would become a ride maintenance area.

If they built Snow White in that area you wouldn't see a visual segway from minecarts to a minetrain in Frontierland. You'd see a visual transition from storybook canal boats and It's a Small World to Toontown/DLRR
    Well, I didn't suggest anything that would require a transition actually. I would love to see Toon Town expand down the service road that runs between my blue and green circled areas (comes out at the big gates on the back path behind Thunder) and take up 1/3 to 1/2 of the theater area on the west side. The east side and what remains of the theater area could become something for Fantasyland. The entire green circled area can obviously become new Frontierland development. In this way, there is no need to have themes transition at all because the path between Frontierland and Fantasyland is already there and done. The back service road doesn't have to change and remains a service road for these areas. The Toon Town expansion is in a ride building and will be behind Storybook Land, the Fantasyland expanded bit ride building and from Frontierland will be behind whatever they build in there. Everything is compartmentalized and isolated thematically by the already present layout and yet 3 different lands get expansions.

Additional: I really don't want the mine train to come to DL. Mainly because as long as it is only out at the MK, I have a reason to want to go there. If they bring it to DL, that's yet another reason I don't have to visit MK.
    Last edited by mycroft16; 08-24-2011 at 09:41 AM.

• Minion

Do you have any ideas for the Toon Town expansion mycroft?

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    I think it would be fun to have a water coaster as a new E Ticket for Frontierland. Maybe it could tell the story of an old geyser (this is where you get shot out from) and how it's cursed by the people of the land...sort of along the storyline of Big Thunder. The whole Frontierland is cursed. :0)

Coincidentally, this attraction was considered at one time: The Neverland Files: Geyser Mountain

The only downside is I could see people complaining that it would be too much of a carny attraction for DL, but I guess that really depends on how the ride is designed.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Minion

Well, like you said, it's all in the details and story. I think they could pull it off. :0)

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

After reading that there might be some "new scenes" in Fantasmic! I really hope this doesn't happen unless it is more additions to the villain scene. The show doesn't need to take out anything since it all flows wonderfully together already and all the scenes are top notch!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    After reading that there might be some "new scenes" in Fantasmic! I really hope this doesn't happen unless it is more additions to the villain scene. The show doesn't need to take out anything since it all flows wonderfully together already and all the scenes are top notch!
    I couldn't agree more with you, maybe add another princess barge or 2 though
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Disneyland History Lover

It'll be really interesting to see what they bring to the Fantasyland theater. I can see a new show being put in there for the short-term. But, long-term, they could always use that land for new development. As others have pointed out, that could mean a number of things... new attractions for Fantasyland, Frontierland expansion, an extension of ToonTown. Lots of possibilities.

• Carbon based

I'm also fairly certain there is a backstage road back there that they probably won't just do away with and if anything would become a ride maintenance area.
    There are a few in fact. There's one coming down vertically behind Gadget go coaster, straight behind the Fantasyland theater. It then splits into large ones, one going horizontally between the Fantasyland Theater and Casey Jr/Storybook Land all the way to the Small World mall, the other one continuing vertically behind the Fantasyland Theater, behind the old skyway building and the Festival area in Frontierland (it's the big wooden double door you see as you transition from Frontierland to Fantasyland and between Big Thunder and the restrooms by Pizza Haus).

The other big line missing in those drawings are of course the Disneyland Rail road and in fact, the Toon Town station (which is used to be the Fantasyland Station and which is arguably placed in Fantasyland and not ToonTown). That was included in the Blue area of the Fantasyland Theater on this picture.

Of course, I agree with Mycroft that none of these are really major issues when you see that Pirates avoided the train tracks when Walt was still there, and Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones or Splash Mountain are great examples of why borders are meant to be stretched

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Additional: I really don't want the mine train to come to DL. Mainly because as long as it is only out at the MK, I have a reason to want to go there. If they bring it to DL, that's yet another reason I don't have to visit MK.
    I'm with you on that one. Yes, some attractions could be in most of the parks like a Small World because they still adapt it to the local Geo (look at Paris vs Orlando for instance) but I also think there are big tent poles (Expedition Everest, Radiator Spring Racers, Journey to the Center of the Earth, etc.) which are uniquely developped for a given world and are pluses by getting people the desire to go there and see them.

Now, on the other end, you never hid your appreciation for the Ginger-headed fish. And considering how unique her interactive queue in Orlando is going to be, I thought that could have been a draw for you no matter what

I am interested to see how the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster turns out.

While it is a milder (think family) coaster I understand that it is really a combination of coaster and dark ride in that there is a portion of the attraction that will slow down to dark ride speeds and have more traditional dark ride storytelling.

If it went into the FL Theater space the back side which sits next to Frontierland could be themed in a way to support Frontierland while still clearly being a Fantasyland ride from the the other side.

In any event, I would like to see that big pad used for an attraction of some sort rather than just reclaiming the theater.
    The Mur