Page 23 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526334873 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

Quote Originally Posted by burkesox98 View Post
    its funny you say that. cause today Bruce Boxleitner (tron) said Tron 3 is a done deal and it has a 2013 release date. hmmmmmmmmmmm
    Wait, how did I not see this yet?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Wait, how did I not see this yet?
    Tron 3 confirmed by Bruce Boxleitner AKA Tron - Alan Bradley at D23 expo!!! - YouTube this is the video of it

• I'm not really here

Well that took its dear sweet time happening. (Thanks mickeyfan42 for the heads up on that)

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Well that took its dear sweet time happening. (Thanks mickeyfan42 for the heads up on that)
    I've already posted the link I sent you on twitter to the TR3N thread in the movies forum
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Insomniac

TR3N news makes me so excited! 2013! If it weren't for DCA's unveiling next year I would be wishing for 2012 to get here and go so that I can see TR3N! Thanks for the video!

I wonder when the announcements for the projects Disneylandfan95 said were greenlit. It's too bad they weren't announced at the EXPO. Even having them announce them today at the opening of the new resort in Hawaii would have been cool. But I'm sure it takes time after they are given the ok to actually get to the point where they are ready to announce it.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

And besides Tron 3, Bruce is in talks to appear as Tron in Wreck-It Ralph.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Minion

First - What's Stark Expo?

Second - Carnation Plaza has live swing music every Friday and Saturday I believe. It is really a great chance to relax, enjoy the music, and just dance the night away. Our daughter LOVES to dance and listen. It almost brings back that era of Lawrence Welk. :0)

Third - Marel in Disneyland? I understand Disney bought them but I just do not EVER see these characters in the parks. To me, these characters, whether good or bad, evoke violence and more adult situations where as the Disney Characters do not. Just doesn't seem the right place for them.

Fourth - I would love to see Tomorrowland get reworked to a new glory first and then add on to Frontierland. Maybe they will be waiting for the possible re-tracking of Big Thunder before doing any major work in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    It's the World's Fair in the Iron Man universe. You can see a lot of it in Iron Man 2 and a little bit in the Captain America movie.

Third - Marel in Disneyland? I understand Disney bought them but I just do not EVER see these characters in the parks. To me, these characters, whether good or bad, evoke violence and more adult situations where as the Disney Characters do not. Just doesn't seem the right place for them.
    That totally makes sense, because pirates and Star Wars characters that have lightsabers and guns aren't violent either.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Santoanderson View Post
    It's the World's Fair in the Iron Man universe. You can see a lot of it in Iron Man 2 and a little bit in the Captain America movie.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ckylunatic View Post
    That totally makes sense, because pirates and Star Wars characters that have lightsabers and guns aren't violent either.
    Totally missed that...LOL Thanks for the reminder. :0)

• I'm not really here

This is the Stark Expo: Stark Expo 2010 : Better Living Through Technology
    As others have said, it is essentially a World's Fair. It's a coming together of nations and scientists and engineers and thinkers to showcase the best and brightest of humanity. New technologies were unveiled at World's Fairs and demonstrations of things to come. Essentially, in defined purpose and goals, the Stark Expo is what Tomorrowland was meant to be by Walt.

Second - Carnation Plaza has live swing music every Friday and Saturday I believe. It is really a great chance to relax, enjoy the music, and just dance the night away. Our daughter LOVES to dance and listen. It almost brings back that era of Lawrence Welk. :0)
    It's pretty awesome there.

Disney films and characters have quite a bit of violence in them as well. Prince Eric rams the prow of a ship through Ursula's belly and she explodes in a violent cataclysm that results in a mushroom cloud. Aurora is cursed and put into a coma. Cinderella is enslaved. Snow White's stepmother tries to have her murdered. Simba's father is murdered. Jasmine is exploited and then trapped to be suffocated by sand. Belle's father is sent to an asylum and Beast is stabbed. Peter Pan is nearly poisoned and blown up. Violence happens in the Disney universe as well. But in the parks, that aspect of the characters isn't played up at all. People are smart enough to realize that despite all the violence of the worlds these characters come from, they do not represent violence. If and when Disney decides to use Marvel characters in the parks, they will choose characters that fit within the theme of a land (Marvel has over 5,000 characters to choose from. There are those that actually do fit within themes very well) and they will not be playing up the violent aspects of those characters. Much like Captain America was a symbol to people of the war, he was also capable of marching in and rescuing people, an act that took a fair bit of fighting. Prince Eric shows that same duality. He is a nice, kind caring person, but when the situation called for it, exhibited cunning and tenacity and violence to save someone.

Fourth - I would love to see Tomorrowland get reworked to a new glory first and then add on to Frontierland. Maybe they will be waiting for the possible re-tracking of Big Thunder before doing any major work in that area.
    There are plans and ideas working their way through the process for both lands based on rumors and things Imagineers have said in interviews over the last year or two. I doubt it will be much longer before things start happening.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Thanks MyCroft :0)

• Banned User

People say Marvel is violent..what about the Indiana Jones films? A guy gets his heart ripped out of his chest in temple of doom. Disney still gave that franchise a ride at Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    The only thing that happens all the time there is the swing dancing, if you are there at the right time you might see a character there for a meet and greet, but thats about it.
    Thanks for the replies about Carnation Plaza. Considering that the area does not currently get much, if any, use during the day; that they will continue the 'classic music and dance offerings' that currently take place; and that the current Princess Fantasy Faire area could be freed up for some other use - it seems like a pretty big win overall.

But I can always empathize with people when their favorite areas and attractions change - big band music and swing dancing will have a different vibe in a Fantasyland village than in a more classic bandstand setting. I'm guessing I will not get a chance to experience the classic Carnation Plaza bandstand, I won't be back to Disneyland until just after Thanksgiving - I like that Lawrence Welk vibe - wunnerful, wunnerful, wunnerful!
    Last edited by BonVivant; 08-30-2011 at 11:39 AM.

• film975

Didn't we hear some months back that Disney hired a screenwriter for the TRON: Legacy sequel? My idea for a TRON attraction involved a light runner ride on the people mover tracks. And that ENCOM would sponsor the ride since it was a prototype for a new transportation system they're developing. I think the best way to revamp both Tomorrowland and Frontierland would be to add new attractions.