Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123456132853103 ... LastLast

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    I really hope they don't add the CGI Hitchiking Ghosts to Disneyland's HM. They looked so cheesy.
    I actually think Magic Kingdom's CGI Hitchiking Ghosts look neat. Might be a little scetchy and rough, but I think it's pretty cool how they incorporate your head in the mirror scene.

Now having said all that, I do agree that I hope they don't add this to DL's HM. Leave the original alone.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

yahhhh new project tracker

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    I actually think Magic Kingdom's CGI Hitchiking Ghosts look neat. Might be a little scetchy and rough, but I think it's pretty cool how they incorporate your head in the mirror scene.

Now having said all that, I do agree that I hope they don't add this to DL's HM. Leave the original alone.
    Seriously, if they just scan the figures, the CG Hitchhikers would be much better to have around.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    By original attraction, I mean an attraction that is not based off an existing franchise. When Shanghai opens, this attraction will be part of their roster and, if WDI gets the green light, it will soon find a home in Disneyland.
    Hmmmmm....Tron coaster that is rumored to be coming to Shanghai?

I hope Wall-E will be someplace in the Tomorrow Land of the future if they use characters, but I will happy with something new as well.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Hmmmmm....Tron coaster that is rumored to be coming to Shanghai?
    TRON will never come to Disneyland. There was going to be a huge TRON E-ticket attraction to replace Innoventions, but after the film bombed (yes, Disney feels it bombed) it's definitely not coming to Disneyland. As of now, it's an original attraction not based off an existing franchise.

Looking forward to see what they do with Alice in Wonderland to fix the outside track area.

---------- Post added 08-17-2011 at 10:38 PM ----------

TRON will never come to Disneyland. There was going to be a huge TRON E-ticket attraction to replace Innoventions, but after the film bombed (yes, Disney feels it bombed) it's definitely not coming to Disneyland. As of now, it's an original attraction not based off an existing franchise.
    Whooops, sorry DisneylandFan95 I thought you meant a ride franchise, like Space Mountain or StarWars would be. My bad.

I am all for something original.

Still would not mind Wall-E robots somewhere though too.

• Minion

As of right now, yes. But definitely not the Autopia you can ride today.

By original attraction, I mean an attraction that is not based off an existing franchise. When Shanghai opens, this attraction will be part of their roster and, if WDI gets the green light, it will soon find a home in Disneyland.
    Why can't we just remove Autopia once and for all, or transplant it in to Cars Land?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

i would love wall-e to be place somewhere in TL

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Why can't we just remove Autopia once and for all, or transplant it in to Cars Land?
    Removing it leaves with a pretty useless section of land since the Subs run underneath Autopia. Putting it in Carsland is kind of pointless as well given the limited space and I'm sure future plans they have for the area. So it's either update it to something awesome where it is, or remove it entirely which makes little sense.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Removing it leaves with a pretty useless section of land since the Subs run underneath Autopia. Putting it in Carsland is kind of pointless as well given the limited space and I'm sure future plans they have for the area. So it's either update it to something awesome where it is, or remove it entirely which makes little sense.
    Exactly what mycroft said.

Also, the sub caverns are getting old. Not a lot of weight can be put on top of them. Autopia is perfect because it doesn't weigh a lot and the weight gets distributed evenly over the top of the showbuilding. A lot of people want a new land where Autopia currently sits, but with the sub caverns, in the state that they are in, just can't hold that much weight. If they really wanted to build a new expansion where Autopia currently is, they would have to retrofit the sub showbuilding quite a bit. Is it worth the investment? I don't think so and neither does WDI. There are some pretty cool plans in store for Autopia and the rest of Tomorrowland.

• I'm not really here

del Toro talks about his upcomming Haunted Mansion film. There is an interesting bit in there about the ride:
    We’re on the second draft of the screenplay. We have a huge show and tell series of boards. We have about 40 pieces of art, maquettes. We have fluid contact with Imagineering at Disney. We are making sure that we are not only faithful to the Mansion and the ride but that we have the ride in the future reflect into the movie and the movie into the ride. It’s been a very elaborate, very slow process.We went through a lot of the original art for the design of the Mansion. We went to the Disney Archives and went through the — I really would have liked to done a little bit of swindling but […] I was being watched. But we went through the Marc Davis sketches and color work which I’m a huge fan of. Then we explored the Mansion by foot at 5am in the morning. We took two hours, went behind the scenes. I went insane. It’s one of the happiest days of my life.

The part in bold is the important bit. It sounds like there are planned changes coming to the Mansion before the movie releases that he wants to be a part of his movie. It also sounds like things from his movie will be brought into the mansion. From the article, there seems to be a very close working relationship between WDI and del Toro's team. This doesn't worry me at all as del Toro is about as big of a Haunted Mansion geek as exists. He totally gets it and respects it. This just shows that there is something planned and coming in the not so very distant future it would seem. 2 - 3 years MAX I would say.

Del Toro dishes on new ‘Haunted Mansion’ movie status to MTV, talks future ride influence | Inside the Magic

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

del Toro talks about his upcomming Haunted Mansion film. There is an interesting bit in there about the ride:

The part in bold is the important bit. It sounds like there are planned changes coming to the Mansion before the movie releases that he wants to be a part of his movie. It also sounds like things from his movie will be brought into the mansion. From the article, there seems to be a very close working relationship between WDI and del Toro's team. This doesn't worry me at all as del Toro is about as big of a Haunted Mansion geek as exists. He totally gets it and respects it. This just shows that there is something planned and coming in the not so very distant future it would seem. 2 - 3 years MAX I would say.[/FONT]
    Del Toro dishes on new ‘Haunted Mansion’ movie status to MTV, talks future ride influence | Inside the Magic
    Which of course could mean a good chance that the Hat Box Ghost is part of that.

I agree that Del Toro only wants the best for the Mansion, I just hope they don't try to make it more serious and scarier.

i watched that video a couple of nights ago and i like the last part where hes talked to jon favereu director of the upcoming MAGIC KINGDOM about having both movies coexist, pretty cool

• I'm not really here

From what he said at ComicCon, the movie will be a family movie in the same way the ride is a family ride. It's appropriate for all ages, but some kids may get scared by it. It will be spooky and creepy just like the mansion is. So I don't think it will be too dark or scary, but it's not going to be appropriate for all ages either.

And given that the logo they teased has the Hat Box Ghost, I'd say that's a really safe bet.

The Subs only take up about 1/3 of the land under Autopia, so it would be possible. You could use the land above the Subs as backstage area, then have huge attraction pad(s) on either side. On top of that, the Autopia queue alone could fit the entire Matterhorn or many of the other similarly sized attractions.

I think Autopia should stay, since it is a great ride for kids, I just wish they could downsize it: consolidate the queue, making it a smaller footprint, but maybe more vertical; only have track above the Subs and to the east (in other words, remove the old FL side Autopia track), freeing up the MBC area for a new attraction; give the whole Autopia a technology boost.