Page 44 of 104 FirstFirst ... 193441424344454647546994 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy View Post
    The one thing that puzzles me about the currently transforming Fantasy Tower lobby is that the only 2 pieces of artwork that have gone up are Main Street pictures. Then they go and take out the huge SB Castle artwork (how more Fantasyland can you get) and replace it with a small table and flavored waters (ala the Hilton Garden Inn). And now the historical black/white photos of Walt and celebrities inside DL and the DL hotel are gone. I totally get the lobby is a work in progress. I just hope we see a return of these elements.
    If anything, a lot of those pictures are simply being re-framed. They were all framed in faux-Edwardian wood frames with fake gold decorations on them. That look is long gone from the DL Hotel now.

Name:  DLR-refurb-203.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  174.1 KB

Some of that artwork and the celebrity photographs will return, but probably in sleeker frames that fit the mid-century modern feel of the new hotel.

A friend in Guest Relations who works with VIP guests in the hotel alot (and thus DL Hotel leadership) told me that the rooms are all done now. There is still landscape work to be finished, and obvious work around the pool and new main lobby area, and a bunch of new furnishings coming to the common areas. All three towers are still being worked on, for instance just last week a massive new bamboo-modern chandelier was installed in the Adventure Tower lobby. And the marquees for all three towers still aren't in. Plus lots of artwork for walls is still to come. Etc., etc.

They are really down to the last six weeks of this project though. Supposedly the entire thing, including the new Fantasy Tower lobby, should be done a few days before Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by Westsider; 10-08-2011 at 11:57 PM.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I agree that things are still popping up....and good point about the pictures needing a reframe.

That new bamboo chandalier in the Adventure Tower is REALLY cool.

I really love the new "umbrella" modern candallier outside the Steakhouse 55 / Goofys Kitchen Lobby.

And I am so pleased with the one singular look the old "Pavilion" building in getting (the building that holds the meeting room/Coffee House/Steakhouse 55 / Goofys Kitchen) .

Finally - anyone know where the new gym location will be once the work is done? Back where it was between the Frontier Tower and Pavilion

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    If anything, a lot of those pictures are simply being re-framed. They were all framed in faux-Edwardian wood frames with fake gold decorations on them. That look is long gone from the DL Hotel now.

Name:  DLR-refurb-203.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  174.1 KB

Some of that artwork and the celebrity photographs will return, but probably in sleeker frames that fit the mid-century modern feel of the new hotel.

A friend in Guest Relations who works with VIP guests in the hotel alot (and thus DL Hotel leadership) told me that the rooms are all done now. There is still landscape work to be finished, and obvious work around the pool and new main lobby area, and a bunch of new furnishings coming to the common areas. All three towers are still being worked on, for instance just last week a massive new bamboo-modern chandelier was installed in the Adventure Tower lobby. And the marquees for all three towers still aren't in. Plus lots of artwork for walls is still to come. Etc., etc.

They are really down to the last six weeks of this project though. Supposedly the entire thing, including the new Fantasy Tower lobby, should be done a few days before Thanksgiving.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Paris has a new Princess meet-n-greet and I wonder if this will be similar to what the new one in Fantasyland might look like. Each princess has a stained glass with her castle and a crystal icon with custom lighting effects.

Official Opening Princess Pavilion at Disneyland Paris - YouTube

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=U7obUeqcTxs" target="_blank">
    I too was under the impression that Disneyland's would be more out doors. At least that's what it looks like from the concept art they showed at the D23 Expo. I imagine they're gonna build something like this for the New Fantasyland at Disney World. It will be intereseting to see how Disneyland's turns out though.

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy View Post
    By in large I am really pleased with the DL HOTEL and how it is shaping up. For the LONGEST time I said it was the ugliest and oddest of the DL hotels worldwide. The one thing that puzzles me about the currently transforming Fantasy Tower lobby is that the only 2 pieces of artwork that have gone up are Main Street pictures. Then they go and take out the huge SB Castle artwork (how more Fantasyland can you get) and replace it with a small table and flavored waters (ala the Hilton Garden Inn). And now the historical black/white photos of Walt and celebrities inside DL and the DL hotel are gone. I totally get the lobby is a work in progress. I just hope we see a return of these elements.
    I think the Main Street pictures that are currently up are just moved from the check-in area of the lobby and are likely there temporarily just to keep from having an enormous expanse of blank walls.

I'm also hopeful that the celebrity photos return and that something wonderful puts in an appearance where the SB Castle artwork was located.

So far, I like the new DLH very much - it has a 'vintage contemporary' design that I find very appealing.

With regards to the Neverland Pool, on earlier visits to DLH, before all the construction, I remember wondering why in all of the wonderful world of Disney is the pool entirely focused on one particular movie/attraction. It seemed an arbitrary theme to me, but I realize many people loved it.

I like this new incarnation of the DLH, but then I'm a big fan of vintage Disneyland.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I too was under the impression that Disneyland's would be more out doors. At least that's what it looks like from the concept art they showed at the D23 Expo. I imagine they're gonna build something like this for the New Fantasyland at Disney World. It will be intereseting to see how Disneyland's turns out though.
    We can only hope. So far the concept art for the Princess Meet and Greet in Magic Kingdom shows that they're sticking with the medieval fair look for the exterior (shudders) but hey, if they can pull off an interior as amazing as what DLP is doing, I''ll forgive them for it.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Does anyone know whats happening at the parking structure in terms of contstruction..
    looks like they are taking out the Celebrate decorations and the 2 pieces are in tarp
    ( its the area before you go to pay for the parking)

• film975

Yep. They are removing the Celebrate You decorations. It's about time too.

• Banned User

Just curious, but why is there a Disneyland Tracker. Was there originally some sort of project that was going to take place and was cancelled? I dont realy remember anything, but I guess there have been a couple times in the last few years where I was out of commission around here for a few weeks. Anyway, thanks for the info. if anyone has it.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Because of up grades to the park
    Dave

• Banned User

Ok, just didnt understand why that kind of stuff would need a project tracker as apposed to just the normal threads we have always had. Thought there must have been some special project at some point that didnt come to fruition.

• Dave

Blog Entries

Also there are a lot of upcoming projects, and I have a feeling once DCA is done Disney will announce something for the peoplemover tracks. One of two things either they will take them out or new attraction will guide its way through those tracks. I think it will be the pods based on the incredibles!
    Dave

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    Also there are a lot of upcoming projects, and I have a feeling once DCA is done Disney will announce something for the peoplemover tracks. One of two things either they will take them out or new attraction will guide its way through those tracks. I think it will be the pods based on the incredibles!
    The current PeopleMover tracks will be torn down.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    The current PeopleMover tracks will be torn down.
    Source, please.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Source, please.
    As I have stated numerous times on these boards, I can not release that information.

However, pay careful attention to the way I phrased that statement.

• Done waiting!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    The current PeopleMover tracks will be replaced.
    There I fixed it for you.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"