Page 47 of 104 FirstFirst ... 223744454647484950577297 ... LastLast

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

Couldnt get a pic on the tram but the backlot has the christmas tree up in the lot all decorated..it might be the Hotel tree or the main tree..couldnt tell..but it was decorated in the santas and garlands.

Just LOL for me since its still October unless disney has to do a quick switch with the pumpkin in a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Tayati View Post
    I urge you guys to visit the hotel to take a look; I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how stunning the whole redevelopment is (so far). It's amazing how lush it is as well! Who knows... there may be another "weenie" added to the E. Ticket area. I think that the design team's goal was to open up the vista in front of the Fantasy Tower to feature the new Monorail/Disneyland Sign.
    I agree. We stayed there a few weeks ago and the changes are very nice. Everything is very open and they added a lot of green space, which is great. The slides at the pool are better (faster) than I expected and a lot of fun. My favorite part was sitting on the porch outside of Trader Sam's during happy hour listening to live Hawaiian music and having dinner. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised and the hotel has a very relaxed, 5 star resort feel.

• Minion

don't they always put up the tree in the back for a few weeks before Christmas time premieres

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

Step into the Magic
    Watch the stories come alive
    Step into the Magic
    Every color shines so bright
    Step into the Magic!!!!

-Disneyland Forever Fireworks

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayati View Post
    I urge you guys to visit the hotel to take a look; I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how stunning the whole redevelopment is (so far). It's amazing how lush it is as well! Who knows... there may be another "weenie" added to the E. Ticket area. I think that the design team's goal was to open up the vista in front of the Fantasy Tower to feature the new Monorail/Disneyland Sign.
    I agree 100%. There are a few minor design choices I disagree with. However by in large they have taken a VERY dated and VERY disjointed series of buildings and given them new life in the modern age. And considering the design constraints I think they have done a fantastic job.

Looking forward to completed lobby pics!
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy View Post
    I agree 100%. There are a few minor design choices I disagree with. However by in large they have taken a VERY dated and VERY disjointed series of buildings and given them new life in the modern age. And considering the design constraints I think they have done a fantastic job.

Looking forward to completed lobby pics!
    Completed Fantasy Tower lobby? I should be able to grab some photos at the hotel in the next few days, or tomorrow.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

• Johnny and Me!

Christmas decorations are going up in NOS:

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...-hRgrvkD-M.jpg

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    New ​Christmas decorations are going up in NOS:

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...-hRgrvkD-M.jpg
    Fixed that for ya

• long time listener

Quote Originally Posted by easy View Post
    So they meant E-Ticket Pool literally? I thought it meant that it was going to be amazingly detailed and big-budgeted.
    Right? That looks so unimpressive!

And always remember the law of the jungle - Don't Be a Zebra!

• Disney Fanatic

The Disney Parks Blog released some new details about new menu items coming to both the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe, the Carnation Cafe, and the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor:

Restaurant Changes on Main Street, U.S.A., at Disneyland Park « Disney Parks Blog

We love it when our favorite spots expand, and as Erin posted in August, there are some big changes coming forMain Street, U.S.A., in 2012. Here’s what you can look for:
    The Blue Ribbon Bakery is moving and getting a new name: Jolly Holiday Bakery Café, from the “Mary Poppins” song, “Oh, it’s a jolly holiday with Mary …” The bakery moves to the Plaza Pavilion (at the top of Main Street, U.S.A.) with plans to open in early January. In addition to the bakery and espresso offerings, the new menu has some delicious new tastes, such as an Angus roast beef salad with blue cheese; a Caprese sandwich with tomatoes, Buffalo mozzarella, basil, butter lettuce and garlic aioli on toasted focaccia bread; and a classic pastrami reuben on rye.
    Full article at link

Cant wait to try these menu items out.

Last edited by penguinsoda; 10-24-2011 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Condensed article for copyright issues
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• Minion

They finally cleaned the lanterns at Tomorrowland Station. They were getting pretty nasty looking:

---------- Post added 10-23-2011 at 08:39 AM ----------

The best I could get of the Plaza Pavillion and the new bakery construction:

---------- Post added 10-23-2011 at 08:43 AM ----------

Some PotC refurb:

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I agree with Tayati, the whole area looks so much classier than what it used to be. The lighting at night is also very well done and makes the place look very relaxed.

Sometimes less is better and in this case the lush landscaping that surrounds the area is enough to make it look like a hotel worth the money that they charge without all the cartoon characters plastered allover the area
    Im not sad that they replaced Peter Pan, I just wish they'd add some homages to the E tickets of Disneyland. Why not a crumbling temple that has waterfalls around it etc to represent Indy? or a fountain that looks like Space Mnt, where water can spout out of the top and run down the side panels of Space Mnt? etc etc....I mean come on, dont name it a E Ticket pool and have nearly zero references to E tickets in it.

The possiblities are endless, now it just looks like a generic pool at any hotel, while nice, still not very creative or inspiring in my opinion.

Thank you for the pics Ron W!

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    Im not sad that they replaced Peter Pan, I just wish they'd add some homages to the E tickets of Disneyland. Why not a crumbling temple that has waterfalls around it etc to represent Indy? or a fountain that looks like Space Mnt, where water can spout out of the top and run down the side panels of Space Mnt? etc etc....I mean come on, dont name it a E Ticket pool and have nearly zero references to E tickets in it.

The possiblities are endless, now it just looks like a generic pool at any hotel, while nice, still not very creative or inspiring in my opinion.

I'm not sure I think that would be a bit tacky. This is suppose to be a luxury hotel A small reference to the "e" seems appropriate.In my opinion For any of those things to work they would need to be built at a certain scale if not it would be a jumble collection of icons.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I'm not sure I think that would be a bit tacky. This is suppose to be a luxury hotel A small reference to the "e" seems appropriate.In my opinion For any of those things to work they would need to be built at a certain scale if not it would be a jumble collection of icons.
    What, you don't think the already existing "Disneyland Sign and Monorail Water Slide" nearby an Adventureland Dining complex and barely working geysers isn't already a "random collection of icons" for the courtyard? Not to mention that Fantasy Tower doesn't really have anything in that central area yet.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

The following question isn't a "slam," nor is it meant to come off as sarcastic or "snarky."

For those of you who have either been to the Disneyland Hotel in person recently or who have seen the renovation photos, and were upset/angry/sad/disappointed/irked/mad/etc. about the waterfalls being removed, do you still feel that way today? Or have you softened/changed your stance recently?

Thanks!