Page 49 of 104 FirstFirst ... 243946474849505152597499 ... LastLast

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

^That would be awesome. I love the carolers on Main Street. Fantasyland is nice because it has that European look and a lot of Christmas traditions began in Europe. Fantasyland has a very English look on it's eastside with Toad, Alice, and Peter Pan and the carolers would just be perfect. The Bavarian and Italian looking westside would also look great with snow.

Quick question sorry to be off topic. Monorail Orange was towed from the TL Station twice this weekend once on saturday and once on sunday. Is it having trouble. Monorail RED was stopped by the parade route.

Heres a PIC

• Minion

Garland has gone up on SBC.

• Minion

I love the new roses on the ends of the garland! Great little enhancement!

• Insomniac

Al mentioned the Matterhorn, FF, and Fantasyland theater refubs, but he did not mention the Alice In Wonderland fix. Does anyone know if this is still scheduled for this winter or if they are going to put if off for another year?
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• A Disney Examineer

Is the Wintertime Enchantment snowfall starting on November 11th with Believe? Or on the official start of the holiday season?

I find it interesting that the Disneyland logo is on the trailer for the monorail with its normal font and not a standard official logo. Like this. The Monorails are have never been running good ever since the Mark V monorails changed to the Mark VII monorails. Hopefully in the future, the monorail system will get upgrade, but that won't likely be happen unless Disneyland built a third park. Thank you for the photos those who post here.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

What ever happened to the test paint at the Paradise Pier hotel? Is that property still getting a facelift? I know it was all rumor. Seems all the rumors have stopped.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

^ There's also construction walls near the Fireworks viewing deck at the Paradise Pier hotel. Made me wonder what they were doing.

• Banned User

In a little garden called Pixie Hollow at the base of the magestic Matterhorn Mountain

a tinkerbell dark ride would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Minion

Am I the only one who saw them testing the new LED lighting on the exteriors of the Disneyland Hotel towers Wednesday night?

The popcorn lights on the tops of the towers that were turned on last week looking like solid incandescent bulbs from the 20th century are actually modern programmable LED lights. They were being cycled through multiple patterns and shades of light on Wednesday around 7:00 PM. And there are LED uplights at the base of all the tower exteriors that can also do a range of colors and patterns shining up the sides of the towers. The deep purple and blue popcorn lights with the dark blue uplights on the towers were my favorite, from what I saw. Although they had a very cool silver sparkle effect they did for a couple minutes too. It looked like someone was putting the fixtures through their paces, and testing out the possibilities.

I tried to get some shots with my phone, but they turned out horrible as I was a couple blocks away. Radiator Springs isn't the only place testing some rad new LED fixtures this week. The Disneyland Hotel has new lighting too, and just in time for Daylight Savings Time.

• Shiver Me Knee Caps

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^ that would be amazing!!! It is kind of odd how the castle is the only building with snow (other than the Matterhorn). I've always thought how cool it would be to have carolers who walk around Fantasyland and make stops at certain locations to sing Christmas carols.

That would be awesome indeed....but they probably don't do that because a lot of the carols sing about the true meaning of Christmas and Disney might not want to deal with people complaining about Christmas with Christ as a part of it....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dick O Dell View Post
    That would be awesome indeed....but they probably don't do that because a lot of the carols sing about the true meaning of Christmas and Disney might not want to deal with people complaining about Christmas with Christ as a part of it....
    The entire Main Street USA music loop during Christmastime uses lots and lots of traditional, religious based carols. "Silent Night" , "O Little Town of Bethlehem" "Little Drummer Boy", "Joy To The World, The Lord Has Come" etc., etc. are played endlessly on a loop from mid November til early January.

The live caroling group that performs on Main Street also does traditional, Christian carols. Here's the group singing "What Child Is This", a classic carol about the Baby Jesus in the manger on Christmas morning.

So... yeah. They don't do Christmas Carols in Fantasyland because the group is already busy on Main Street. They'd just need to rework their set times, or hire more singers to get Christmas Carols into Fantasyland or around the snow-covered castle.

• Minion

idk if this is recent but i saw a pic of the castle and above the center where the wreath is they have a new big blue bow on the wreath? if this is recent i really don't like how it looks with the roses

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    idk if this is recent but i saw a pic of the castle and above the center where the wreath is they have a new big blue bow on the wreath? if this is recent i really don't like how it looks with the roses
    I'm sure that this is for the christmas parade taping this weekend only.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74