Page 56 of 104 FirstFirst ... 63146535455565758596681 ... LastLast

• Berm Buster

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

Quote Originally Posted by F!an View Post
    And I think also when Murphy explodes and during the finale.
    Yeah that seemed new to me too. Like they shoot green lasers at Murphy while he is tilting back and dying and stuff.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

The lasers have always been there, just depends on how much smoke is used for the visibility of them.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Have there been any changes to Carnation Plaza Gardens yet this fall? Has the transformation to Fantasy Faire begun?

We are going to be at DL in early December, and I'm hoping for a last walk-through before it gets rethemed.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

When does the snow start on main street?
    because i was at Disneyland a few days ago from 5pm to 10pm and going down main street twice going into and leaving the park and theres was no snow falling .

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    When does the snow start on main street?
    because i was at Disneyland a few days ago from 5pm to 10pm and going down main street twice going into and leaving the park and theres was no snow falling .

Plus after fireworks.

• Minion

The new stairs to the Disney Suite:

Hairy Baby!

• Minion

!st piece of Candlelight set is up:

Hairy Baby!

Ron W do you know what the sign on the stairs say for the Disney Suite?

• Sock Puppet

Was at the park today, light posts were starting to go up for the Processional, pirates looked flawless with no tarp seen in the Grotto.
    @Spongeocto4, it says Private Entry.

I'm sure someone has posted about the pirates refurb, but I haven't seen much about it. So here's my two cents...

The mist screen is much more powerful that it was right before the refurb, over time it had weakened but now this simulated waterfall is back to full steam. Also, the projected image alternates between Davy Jones and Blackbeard, which I thought was pretty cool.

No mermaids

Something was definitely different about the sand scene, (the beach scene with the crab and the skeleton impaled against the wall) but I'm not sure exactly what was different about it.

Those are the big noticeable differences.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeM45 View Post
    Something was definitely different about the sand scene, (the beach scene with the crab and the skeleton impaled against the wall) but I'm not sure exactly what was different about it.
    What is different with that scene boils down to two things; the staging and the materials used. A big chunk of that scene collapsed in on itself early in the rehab when an Imagineer was walking around on the island. The whole thing was rebuilt, and it looks nearly identical.

But, the skeleton with the sword through his rib cage on the right side of the island was restaged and tweaked a bit.

Also the sand is made of a different material and has a different look close to the water line. As the boats come around the bend they push a wave of varying heights up on to that sand bar, and over the decades the water has been pushed up higher as the boats get heavier with modern Americans. It would look cheesy and damage the sand material when water went up higher than had been assumed back in 1967. The solution was to create a fake waterline in the sand, lined with shells, where the water could wash up onto and not damage the "dry" sand. It takes on the look of a tidal waterline and it looks wet even if water hasn't splashed onto it yet.

Those are the two main changes in that scene, while WDI went to great pains to not try to change the main look and feel of that area. But the slightly restaged skeleton and newly fake waterline give your subconcious mind the nudge that something has been altered there.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

The attractions have always had weight limits and maximum displacements. Not to mention that drains on the RoA undoubtedly keep it around the same depth. I doubt the weight of Americans is affecting the splash level on the beach.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Now that the Disneyland Hotel refurb is all but complete, any word on if the cool black and white celebrity photos that hung in the back part of the Fantasy Tower lobby have returned yet?

BTW - the IASW / Mary Blair style carpet in the Fantasy Tower (I've seen a few pictures) is awesome.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

just checked the disneyland.com calendar for our trip tomorrow (so excited!!) and it says that BTMRR is closed? anyone know why? I haven't seen it in any other weekly updates or other sites.

• Lightspeed to Endor!

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    What is different with that scene boils down to two things; the staging and the materials used. A big chunk of that scene collapsed in on itself early in the rehab when an Imagineer was walking around on the island. The whole thing was rebuilt, and it looks nearly identical.

But, the skeleton with the sword through his rib cage on the right side of the island was restaged and tweaked a bit.

Also the sand is made of a different material and has a different look close to the water line. As the boats come around the bend they push a wave of varying heights up on to that sand bar, and over the decades the water has been pushed up higher as the boats get heavier with modern Americans. It would look cheesy and damage the sand material when water went up higher than had been assumed back in 1967. The solution was to create a fake waterline in the sand, lined with shells, where the water could wash up onto and not damage the "dry" sand. It takes on the look of a tidal waterline and it looks wet even if water hasn't splashed onto it yet.

Those are the two main changes in that scene, while WDI went to great pains to not try to change the main look and feel of that area. But the slightly restaged skeleton and newly fake waterline give your subconcious mind the nudge that something has been altered there.

This is what I don't understand. Has that skeleton been staged like that since 1967, or is it removed and restaged during each and every refurbishment? The same question goes for all the other cave sequences. I'm guessing it's been staged the same way since the 80's when they swapped out the real skeletal figures for real ones, but the specifics of when and why anything is moved or altered is very interesting to me. Anyone have the answers?