Page 57 of 104 FirstFirst ... 73247545556575859606782 ... LastLast

• Fireworks Finatic!

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

They usually just clean and paint the rooms and sometimes use the downtime as a chance to restage some things. For example, I know in the treasure room, the skeleton sitting on top of the pile has been changed a couple times. Several years ago, he used to hold a cup that had fiber optic lighting in it to make it look like it's sparkling. But he has not had been holding anything up until this past rehab. But usually minor things like that. Also it's been said in the past that all the treasure in that room is taken out and cleaned and put back in, usually staged just a bit differently.

• Lightspeed to Endor!

Most likely attributed to the resources available on Oahu now that Disney has been working on the Aulani resort, the Enchanted Tiki Room now has a new Dole documentary film showing prior to the Tiki Gods and Goddesses presentation.

The film now features a rather over-the-top female narrator speaking about Hawaii, the food, and the history of the pineapple. It also features a new animation segment that showcases Dole products.

Though that retro flavor is lost for a more modern take, the movie does actually build on its old "Flavor of Hawaii" predecessor, offering historical photos and video of the Dole plantation. The film spends more time on how the founder of the Dole plantation spent time innovating the pineapple growing process to make it a fruit everyone could enjoy and not just the kings who could afford it.

It is a good change, minus the narrators voice, simply for the insincerity it tends to convey

• Insomniac

^^Wait hasn't that been there for a long time? Or did they redo the film?
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Fantasmic! Fanatic

So since there are pictures of "Chevron" gas pumps backstage in DCA that I would assume are going on BVS (at oswalds?) or in cars land, does that mean the contract with Chevron was extended? I'm just thinking this would mean we'll be stuck with Autopia cars for quite a while longer. Anyone know more info on this? Or maybe there isn't a connection between the two...

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Well those Chevron pumps backstage are for BVS to be theming at Oswald's. I thought the Chevron logo was being used to tie the pumps in to similar looking gas pumps in Condor Flats (same shape, color, and logo but look like they are from slightly different times with those BVS ones having some Art Deco flair). Whether that has anything to do with Autopia is beyond me...

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Defibrillating this thread. 1, 2, 3, CLEAR! BZZZZZZT!

So, anything new to report, that in any way resembles Disneyland project tracking?
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

So, anything new to report, that in any way resembles Disneyland project tracking?
    Well not a whole lot to report on. The hotel is basically complete, pirates is open, holiday decorations have been pictured many times, FF hasn't started construction, the Matterhorn isn't supposed to close until next month, there are no other major refurbs that we know of. Really the only big on going project is the Jolly Holiday Bakery and not much visibly different on it so far. Really not much to report on until the Matterhorn goes down, FF starts construction, or JHB opens.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Here's a question. Every once and a while rumours regarding a new, on stage, themed pathway behind the Main Street Shops on either one of the street's sides comes up. What was the last news on that? I know that if it were happening, we would know about it, but what were the last whispers?

• film975

If anyone wants to see some footage of the new snowman in Small World or the holiday segments in World of Color and the Magic, the Memories and You, then you can check out the latest episode of my YouTube series below. It also has footage of both Davy Jones and Blackbeard on the mist screen in Pirates of the Caribbean.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

How about a blue cube in front of the new bakery?

IMG_5277 by socal_ron, on Flickr

• Minion

That's one of the new penguin statues under wraps....

Just kidding haha

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Penguin, as in 'It's a Jolly Holiday with Mary' waiter penguin? If so,
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Is there any chance they will start to refurbish the rooms at the Grand Californian, now that DLH is wrapping up?

I haven't stayed at DLH since the renovations, but from the pictures, the rooms there seem much nicer now than the GCH rooms.

• Addicted to Disney

New Mary Poppins weathervane on Twitter Twitter I know some of you guys are saying that Mary Poppins clashes with the theme of Main Street, but I think it is turning out really well.

Quote Originally Posted by dod101 View Post
    Is there any chance they will start to refurbish the rooms at the Grand Californian, now that DLH is wrapping up?

I haven't stayed at DLH since the renovations, but from the pictures, the rooms there seem much nicer now than the GCH rooms.
    I don't think the grand califonia is next, maybe in 4 years or so. I think Paridise Pier will be next where the work will be done. Didn't have they had slide worked on this year at PPH?

---------- Post added 12-11-2011 at 06:18 PM ----------

---------- Post added 12-11-2011 at 06:18 PM ----------

Thanks for the new updates in the thread!