Page 60 of 104 FirstFirst ... 103550575859606162637085 ... LastLast
Results 886 to 900 of 1553
  1. #886

    • Behind the refurb walls..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,978
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    This is ridiculous. Tomorrowland has Star Tours, the Astro Orbiter, BLAB, Space Mountain, Captain EO, Finding Nemo, and Autopia. That is an impressive ride count. Yes, the land could use some work, yes some of the rides need help or a retheme, but Frontierland is definitely in much more need of some help.

    On my trip to Disneyland last January, I remember briskly walking through Frontierland and not giving it a second thought in the world. It is a forgettable land.






    ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

  2. #887

    • Nope! No grown-ups here!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Forest, CA
    Posts
    1,092

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    This is ridiculous. Tomorrowland has Star Tours, the Astro Orbiter, BLAB, Space Mountain, Captain EO, Finding Nemo, and Autopia. That is an impressive ride count. Yes, the land could use some work, yes some of the rides need help or a retheme, but Frontierland is definitely in much more need of some help.

    On my trip to Disneyland last January, I remember briskly walking through Frontierland and not giving it a second thought in the world. It is a forgettable land.
    If you are going purely by attraction count, Frontierland has: BTMRR, The canoes on the ROA, the Mark Tain, the Columbia, Tom Sawyers Island. All of the above have received extensive refurbishments within the last few years. The land, while in need of some improvement and expansion, still represents the American Frontier.

    On the other hand, Tomorrowland really has little 'tomorrow' in it, other than Star Tours and Space Mountain. The Astro Orbiter was moved (and put closer to the ground, removing any thrill it once had), but is otherwise the same old spinner that has been there for decades; Captain EO is strictly temporary, by design; BLAB is cute, but hardly futuristic, and it's appeal seems to be waning; Finding Nemo is less futuristic (and less entertaining) than the ride it replaced - which had been closed for ten years; Autopia is... just old, slow, noisy, fume-emitting go-carts riding on an ugly, old track.

    Again, Frontierland needs some attention to improve it, but Tomorrowland needs a lot of attention to fix​ it.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

  3. #888

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    641

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    This is ridiculous. Tomorrowland has Star Tours, the Astro Orbiter, BLAB, Space Mountain, Captain EO, Finding Nemo, and Autopia. That is an impressive ride count. Yes, the land could use some work, yes some of the rides need help or a retheme, but Frontierland is definitely in much more need of some help.

    On my trip to Disneyland last January, I remember briskly walking through Frontierland and not giving it a second thought in the world. It is a forgettable land.
    Really? Tomorrowland is so pinched and crowded, that I rarely go to that corner of the park anymore. Frontierland, while nothing amazing, is nothing offensive.

  4. #889

    • Behind the refurb walls..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7,978
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    I would not count any of the river boat attractions or the island a ride... They are nothing to write home about. Frontierland has... BTMR






    ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

  5. #890

    • Nope! No grown-ups here!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Forest, CA
    Posts
    1,092

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    I didn't say ride, I said attraction. Yes, those items all count as attractions. Also, Frontierland doesn't really need much beautification. TL, on the other hand, needs a total facelift, some liposuction, a ****job, and a dermal peel. It was once the jewel of the park, and now it is an embarrassment.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

  6. #891

    • Hello Dolly.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,025

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    If you are going purely by attraction count, Frontierland has: BTMRR, The canoes on the ROA, the Mark Tain, the Columbia, Tom Sawyers Island. All of the above have received extensive refurbishments within the last few years. The land, while in need of some improvement and expansion, still represents the American Frontier.

    On the other hand, Tomorrowland really has little 'tomorrow' in it, other than Star Tours and Space Mountain. The Astro Orbiter was moved (and put closer to the ground, removing any thrill it once had), but is otherwise the same old spinner that has been there for decades; Captain EO is strictly temporary, by design; BLAB is cute, but hardly futuristic, and it's appeal seems to be waning; Finding Nemo is less futuristic (and less entertaining) than the ride it replaced - which had been closed for ten years; Autopia is... just old, slow, noisy, fume-emitting go-carts riding on an ugly, old track.

    Again, Frontierland needs some attention to improve it, but Tomorrowland needs a lot of attention to fix​ it.
    I agree with both sides.
    I would rather do a Frontierland expansion due to it not really getting much love. They need to add more. I'd rather they add an e-ticket in Frontierland & give Tomorrowland an makeover. Tomorrowland doesn't really need another ride, just a new look.

    But... Since people are comparing rides. Tomorrowland already has so much rides, & I see the argument is many of them don't represent tomorrow.
    But there's still a big possiblility (since we don't know anything about the project) that all the same rides will be there. We could still will have Buzz, EO, Autotopia, Subs. I bet only Innoventions & EO would leave.

    If that is (& could be) the case, I'd definitely would rather they just give a new ride to Frontierland & give Tomorrowland just a makeover. 1 new E-ticket & a makeover isn't going to change the fact that it would now be a land with a futuristic look & mostly not-so-futuristic rides. So I would only want a Tommorowland expansion if they actually did remove some of the other rides besides Innoventions.
    They could do both the same year if they wanted.

    Frontierland needs rides or some kind of new life.!!!
    Tomorrowland needs a makeover!
    At the moment of course.

  7. #892

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,076
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan1 View Post
    I'm sick of all this love for Tomorrowland!!! Tomorrowland has had dozens of additions, fixes, expansions, revisions and overlays in the last 30 years. Frontierland has gotten none (with exception of the ROA refurb). It's as simple as that. Tomorrowland needs help, there's no question, but eventually you're gonna have to just let your "problem-child" take backseat to the good one who's been waiting patiently. Frontierland's expansion is crucial to the flow of the park and is imperative to the parks capacity. Opening up the several acres in the back will not only open up a pathway past critter country and alleviate the worst gridlock ever, but it'll make things much easier should they start tomorrowland construction later on and need to soak up some of the crowds of the inevitably closed attractions during this time.
    I'm going to agree with the others.

    The real issue here is that the "Frontier" is well understood and in turn, represented. The future keeps changing and moving on to bigger and better things. In addition, Disney's last interpretation of the future (aka the latest New Tomorrowland) left a lot to be desired. As far as holding true to Walt's idea that each land would represent a city of it's time (paraprhased, as the original quote escapes me), Tomorrowland is farthest from that point, and most in need of a whole land rework.

    Now, this doesn't mean that any attractions need to be built. The Tomorrowland attraction count is great. I'm not a big fan of the moving shooting range, but thats a small concern in the scheme of things. What Tomorrowland does need is some sense of environment to tie the place back together.

    Yes, Frontierland needs some work too. First and foremost, those plasma screen TV's can come out of the shops any time.... But the land itself is doing just fine. Fine enough that it can be reworked after Tomorrowland, or at least in a few small projects.

  8. #893

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,948

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I would not count any of the river boat attractions or the island a ride... They are nothing to write home about. Frontierland has... BTMR
    I love the Mark Twain. It's probably one of my favorite rides there.

  9. #894

    • Smiling Committee
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    Someone earlier posted pics of the Jolly Holiday bakery. I saw the lights on the new bakery sign working last night. They are terrible! Somehow because they are LEDs and programmed to seem random, they are so not random. It's hard to explain, but the lights move around in block computerized formation rather than looking like random or sequential blinking like we see a lot on Main Street. It almost looks like Tron, and the blocks are so big you can't tell what the letters of the sign are. Anyway, if someone else can eyeball this and tell me I'm not crazy that this just doesn't look right.

  10. #895

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,638

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan1 View Post
    I'm sick of all this love for Tomorrowland!!! Tomorrowland has had dozens of additions, fixes, expansions, revisions and overlays in the last 30 years. Frontierland has gotten none (with exception of the ROA refurb). It's as simple as that. Tomorrowland needs help, there's no question, but eventually you're gonna have to just let your "problem-child" take backseat to the good one who's been waiting patiently. Frontierland's expansion is crucial to the flow of the park and is imperative to the parks capacity. Opening up the several acres in the back will not only open up a pathway past critter country and alleviate the worst gridlock ever, but it'll make things much easier should they start tomorrowland construction later on and need to soak up some of the crowds of the inevitably closed attractions during this time.

    I agree that Frontierland needs the expansion especially if they find a way of connecting the expansion with the north side of Fantasyland near the traiin station. It would definately help the crowd flow a bit.

    I have to disagree that the expansion in frontierland would help with the parks gridlock in that part of the park especially near the critter country area. There is now way that any expansion in frontierland would go all the way around the rivers of america and join critter country.
    I actually think that the complete removal of the innovention building and new layout of tomorrowland would help the problem more. The east side of the park is usually a dead zone as the sunsets with most guests going to the west side of the park because of Fantasmic. A large scale attraction with maybe a "D" ticket as a replacement for captain EO would attract more guests from the west side fo the park helping reduce some of the crowds.

    ---------- Post added 12-21-2011 at 10:45 PM ----------

    what i think they could do to help with crowd control issues and to open up the dead end in critter country is to add a new train station in that land and then close off the one in new orleans square.

    I think they could easily add a train stop at the back end of the hungry bear eatery. There is plenty of room there at the berm. The lower level eating area usually has a large section at the back of the restaurant that is empty. why not rework it so that they could add a queue and platform for the train.


    In the future they could even reconfigure the backstage area behind the old new orleans square station and see if they could fit another show building outside the berm. That plot of land could then be used for another new addition for New Orleans.

  11. #896

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    Is expansion needed? Why? For increased capacity? I doubt that. Park hits capacity 5 days a year. While it has 20 slow weekdays in September, Janurary, February and May. 5-10 slow weekdays in October, November, March and April. That's about 5 to 110.

    The only reason who be to bring in more guest, $$$.

  12. #897

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,076
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    I agree. Disneyland doesn't need to expand. DCA is the expansion for the resort and it needs to be fleshed out a bit more before they go back to Disneyland's prized remaining real estate and start building it out. Areas of Disneyland such as Tomorrowland and the Motorboat cruise area can be spruced up before they build out.

  13. #898

    • Insomniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Wonderful World of Utah?
    Posts
    1,968

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Is expansion needed? Why? For increased capacity? I doubt that. Park hits capacity 5 days a year. While it has 20 slow weekdays in September, Janurary, February and May. 5-10 slow weekdays in October, November, March and April. That's about 5 to 110.

    The only reason who be to bring in more guest, $$$.
    Increased capacity means more money but for the guests it also means less crowded walkways and slightly shorter lines aka improved guest experience. Although, Disney is considering it for the money first and foremost. I for one am all for expansion because it means something else to do and more fun for me. Really I see it as a win win.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

    https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

  14. #899

    •   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    9,076
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    Easy expansion means larger profitability than expensive expansion though. That is why DCA will, and should get it.

  15. #900

    • Insomniac
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Wonderful World of Utah?
    Posts
    1,968

    Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

    Good point, however, Disney wants to destroy potter and the easiest place to attract new people to is the happiest place on earth. I really would not be mad if DCA got more expansion before Disneyland though.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

    https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Disneyland Resort Project Tracker II
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3917
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 03:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •