Page 61 of 104 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

We will have to wait and see

I don't know if this post belongs here...but are there any plans to thatch the roofs of the new polynesian themed buildings at the Disneyland Hotel. I was watching vintage Disneyland construction videos on YOUTUBE today [Disneyland Pre-Opening Report (2/3)]. As the workers were applying the thatch onto the Tiki Room (around minute 8:25 of the video)...I noticed that the roofing underneath looked almost identical to that of Trader Sam's today. I feel like that whole area fell short of what it could have been. Are we stuck with the look we have now? Or will the new Tahitian Terrace restaurant receive some nice thatched roofs? I wish I had some quick photos from those old construction videos...I couldn't find any to show you guys as a comparison. Merry Christmas everyone!
    Oh...I'm afraid the deflector shield...will be quite operational...when your friends arrive.

• Insomniac

As far as I know we are stuck with what is there now. Disneyland Hotel is 99% completed. There is just a few small things left to finish up. And I doubt Disney would open the restaurant and then close it again just to install thached roofing. It kind of fits with the contemporary feel of the rest of the remodel. If it were in Adventureland it would stick out like a sore thumb but it fits with the rest of the buildings in the area IMO.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Nutty about Disney parks

EDITOR’S NOTE 12/27: This is always the busiest week of the year for Disneyland. At 1PM on Tue there were over 51,000 people there and over 23,000 inside DCA, numbers usually only seen on New Years Eve at Midnight. They've begun daily phased closures of the turnstiles and ticket sales, but this year they are letting in thousands more into each park before they start shutting the gates, making for truly miserable conditions. Tues could see both parks deliver a 100,000 total visitor number, a possible new record.
    That is just crazy. I'm sure they'll be breaking safety codes the more people they let in today.

*sorry if this was the wrong thread for this*
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Minion

thats a lot of people thank gosh I'm never go between Christmas and New years

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

Got back from the Parks not too long ago. I had to go to renew my pass. Only went on Pirates (50 minute wait) because Disneyland was insanely busy.

Anyway... on the tram ride back to the structure, I noticed that in the backstage area kind of behind the Haunted Mansion show building were what looked to be construction walls themed to Fantasyland. There were a couple people out painting them (atleast that's what I assume, they looked like painters) and there were TONS of them and all appeared to be in a tudor style with half-timbering on them. Maybe the green tarps on the fence were distorting things, but they looked different than they usually did. Instead of just painted wooden cross beams like I've seen before, these looked to be much more detailed and seemed to have some texture on them. Again, I don't know if thats the green tarp fooling my eyes.

But, I wonder what these are for? Could they perhaps be for the new Fantasy Faire or the second half of the Matterhorn refurbishment?

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Got back from the Parks not too long ago. I had to go to renew my pass. Only went on Pirates (50 minute wait) because Disneyland was insanely busy.

Anyway... on the tram ride back to the structure, I noticed that in the backstage area kind of behind the Haunted Mansion show building were what looked to be construction walls themed to Fantasyland. There were a couple people out painting them (atleast that's what I assume, they looked like painters) and there were TONS of them and all appeared to be in a tudor style with half-timbering on them. Maybe the green tarps on the fence were distorting things, but they looked different than they usually did. Instead of just painted wooden cross beams like I've seen before, these looked to be much more detailed and seemed to have some texture on them. Again, I don't know if thats the green tarp fooling my eyes.

But, I wonder what these are for? Could they perhaps be for the new Fantasy Faire or the second half of the Matterhorn refurbishment?
    It has been extremely busy at Disneyland this holiday season. I haven't seen Pirates with that long of a wait in some time. If the walls have a Fantasyland theme to them, then most likely they are for the new Fantasy Faire. That project is set to begin construction very soon.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

^I agree. The Fantasy Faire work would be the most likely candidate.

One would think that they would need more Main Street appropriate walls for that though. Since most of them will probably be placed a long the hub. And there were a lot of walls. Looked like too many to enclose the Fantasy Faire area. I could be wrong though. I really wish I could have gotten a picture.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Fantasyland walls would act as an advertisement of what is to come. That's why I think they are more likely.

• Minion

So apparently the rope drop is different now. They drop 3 ropes near the hub now. It's meant for people to go directly to their area than random running around in different directions.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    So apparently the rope drop is different now. They drop 3 ropes near the hub now. It's meant for people to go directly to their area than random running around in different directions.
    I'd guess that is just for the extra big Holiday crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Fantasyland walls would act as an advertisement of what is to come. That's why I think they are more likely.
    I think we've all forgotten that Matterhorn closes on January 9th for six months.

The rehab walls behind Mansion are going to the Matterhorn, and they will encircle the northern half of the mountain with walls, done in Fantasyland Tudor style.

That's what I thought originally too, because there's a lot of them.

I'm curious though. Why have the construction walls been a lot more orante as of late? It seems like that would cost more money which could easily be spent in small improvement projects or saved up for something bigger. Or am I missing something entirely and the cost of producing construction walls went down?

• Minion

^
    Don't question it
    Just be happy that Disney isn't cheaping out on the construction walls