Page 62 of 104 FirstFirst ... 123752596061626364657287 ... LastLast

• Insomniac

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

I'd rather Disney spend money to make construction less attrusive than save money (they would not spend that money on something else I can assure you). The better themed construction walls, the what's to come posters, and the mural style construction tarps help to keep the magic. If oly disney had done the mural tarps for BVS so we could see what it was going to look like that would be amazing!
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Carnation Café closes this Thursday until the Summer for its remodel! Plus, Disney shared the recipe for their KILLER Loaded Baked Potato Soup! omnomnom

Carnation Café Closes Thursday for Renovations at Disneyland Park « Disney Parks Blog

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Wow, that soup sounds like it should be reallllly good! I've never had it, but I think I will try it next time I get to the park (which should be well after the remodel). Actually, I might just make some, myself, when I have a good excuse to make something not so 'light and healthy'.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Can't wait to see pictures of the new Jolly Holiday Bakery when it opens
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• film975

I look forward to seeing the renovated Carnation Cafe when that reopens this summer.

That whole block of Main Street is getting a big face lift this winter. Will be interesting to see how the carnation Cafe, Ice Cream parlor and Candy Palace turn out. My guess, the serving area of the old Blue Ribbon bakery will be walled up and the serving area for the ice cream parlor will push back into this area. That allows more floor space for queue and seating in the ice cream shop. The Blue Ribbon Bakery seating area will get a face lift and be "re-incorporated" back into the indoor seating area of the Carnation Cafe (like it used to be). My guess is that the carnation cafe main entrance will move to where the Blue Ribbon Bakery entrance is now and the patio area will be exit only. I some what wish they would give the facility a new name more like the old one. I was thinking the "Carnation Corner Restaurant" or something along those lines.

As for the candy palace, I assume the cash wraps will be moved to along the walls like they did in the Emporium to allow more floor space for merchandise displays. I hope they don't eat up anymore of the Penny Arcade then they already have dong these changes.

All in all I think these are changes for the positive for Main Street.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• A Malice in Wonderland...

This was new to me. I went to Disneyland yesterday with some friends and was disappointed to find the toontown train station out of comission with this sign.

The entire station was under wraps and it looked like they were working on the water tower. If this is old news, does anyone know when it will re-open? I just find the train to be useful especially when wandering around the back of the park.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

• Minion

It went down either yesterday or Tuesday for just regular maintenance. I believe it's just receiving a repaint and should be back in operation in a few weeks or so.

• "I don't like the color"

So, anything on Jolly Holiday since it is supposed to open today?
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Fountain Valley, California, United States

Micechat's twitter as well as Disneyland live and Mousewait have posted images from it. The new menu sounds great

• Banned User

From the photos posted so far the Jolly Holiday Bakery looks like a nice addition. Nice menu, nice decor, and a welcome change from the processing center it was for so long. I see some subtle Mary Poppins nods here and there (mostly penguin related) but it's definitely Main Street with a touch of Poppins, not the "in you face brand marketing" that was predicted by some.

I'm anxious to try that grilled cheese and tomato soup.

(this opinion was accidentally double-posted on two different threads: apologies for the redundant redundancy)

• Under that tree again!

No longer a multimonth tease.

Disney confirms the new sleds are coming to the Matterhorn with this refurb.
    New Bobsleds Will Soon Race Down the Matterhorn at Disneyland Park « Disney Parks Blog

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Good find. Thanks!

• film975

At last... confirmation on the new Matterhorn bobsleds! Looks like they also confirmed the new music for Main Street USA as well.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...sneyland-park/

"Put On Your Sunday Clothes" will still be in the playlist.
    Last edited by film975; 01-06-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Busy day for the official blog!

Slightly off topic from the current convo, but have there been any rumors to changes to the Paradise Pier hotel? Seems not much came of the paint test that took place late last summer.

What about any rumors of a 4th hotel? Seems that has been on again and off again for a while but assume that's off for now.