Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    George Kalogridis @ D23 just now: "Carnations Gardens to be transformed into Fantasy Faire"

UPDATE Here is artwork for it: New Fantasy Faire Experience Coming to Disneyland Park Disney Parks Blog
    This just ruined my day. I am vehemently against this. I think that they should do something with the area, but this is just .... no.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

"DisneylandLive" on Twitter posted that Fantasyland at Disneyland will be receiving an expansion. This got me all excited!

To me is just seems like Fantasyland is overflowing into Main Street. Surely they could have put this in the old Motorboat Cruise area instead?

But on the upside, hopefully the Fantasyland theatre will get a new show on the same level as Aladdin at DCA.

I was thinking the same thing. I thought Carnation Gardens was in front of the castle.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Creative Director

I don't mind. If it means we get the Fantasyland Theater back with some real shows in it... I'm all for it.
    Disneyland park itself needs more diverse offerings, including its entertainment...and some form of real theater in the park is a real plus for various reasons.

Carnation Plaza Gardens is nice, but I don't think its used to its full potential.
    And if the swing dancing and bands are kept for the evening, then I don't see a problem considering that's what makes that little spot great...other than that, it's some tables, chairs and a big tent that is clearly outdated.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I thought Carnation Gardens was in front of the castle.
    It's just to the left of it, if you're facing it head on. I might not agree with some of the purists here regularly, but how on earth did Fantasyland outside of Fantasyland get approval?

I really dont think this is going to fit in. Its going to look out of place. If it was in Fantasyland it would be much better, but I'd class this area as Main Street.

They may aswell build a Jungle Book dark ride in Tomorrowland.

The Idea is just okay to me. I'm worried about having a Princess Fantasy Fair on Main Street USA. It just doesn't make sense to me.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    It's just to the left of it, if you're facing it head on. I might not agree with some of the purists here regularly, but how on earth did Fantasyland outside of Fantasyland get approval?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip and Dale View Post
    I really dont think this is going to fit in. Its going to look out of place. If it was in Fantasyland it would be much better, but I'd class this area as Main Street.

And yet the image of Sleeping Beauty Castle at the end of Main Street, a gigantic European mountain off to the side and the visible roof of a space station "works" for you guys? The way I see it, this new gathering spot will merely be an extension of the castle with the Royal Ribbon Parade as a fun addition to the area.

It's technically the hub and not Main Street anymore. Does a Castle belong on Main Street? Do steam punk rocks and a rocket ride belong on Main Street? On the hub?

And actually, The Enchanted Tiki Room is as close to the hub and closer to Main Street than this new Fantasy Faire will be. If it's hidden enough behind trees, it may not even matter.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I'm kind of mad. We get princesses. Don't fix something that doesn't need fixing.
    I don't think they are trying to fix it. The thing is that they realize that there are better uses for the Fantasyland Theater and apparently now have an idea for that area, but they also recognize the draw of PFF and want to keep it. So they are moving the PFF to an area that is fairly underutilized, rethemeing it to match what is next to it and what will be going in and freeing up very valuable real estate.

Patience... we have some art on the area, we don't know how the entrance area to it will look. I highly doubt they're going to have a European village just sitting there all open. Given what goes on in there they'll want it enclosed as much as possible. There's already a European castle at the end of Main Street anyway, and an Alp. So if adding a European village at the end suddenly breaks theme, then we've got other issues entirely.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    It's technically the hub and not Main Street anymore. Does a Castle belong on Main Street? Do steam punk rocks and a rocket ride belong on Main Street? On the hub?
    Jinx!

---------- Post added 08-19-2011 at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I don't think they are trying to fix it. The thing is that they realize that there are better uses for the Fantasyland Theater and apparently now have an idea for that area, but they also recognize the draw of PFF and want to keep it. So they are moving the PFF to an area that is fairly underutilized, rethemeing it to match what is next to it and what will be going in and freeing up very valuable real estate.

Patience... we have some art on the area, we don't know how the entrance area to it will look. I highly doubt they're going to have a European village just sitting there all open. Given what goes on in there they'll want it enclosed as much as possible. There's already a European castle at the end of Main Street anyway, and an Alp. So if adding a European village at the end suddenly breaks theme, then we've got other issues entirely.
    Double-Jinx!

I think it'll be fine. The area right now is secluded enough as it is (you don't see the Frontierland style architecture from Main Street unless you really, really try). It may just be a meet and greet, but it looks REALLY good, and there might be other stuff too, maybe some good snack/food locations. It might also open up the larger Fantasy Faire for future expansion, like a new ride or even a new land/sub-land.

Out of place like the jungle tiki's and the old west fort that are between the Jolly Holiday Bakery and the Plaza Inn?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Fantasyland Theater having real shows again = good. Potentially putting a bunch of Princess junk (hopefully high quality and not slapdashPrincess junk anyway) instead of the classic swing dancing/band stage and bordering Frontierland entrance...not so good. We'll wait and see...hope it just isn't a hot mess. It could be fine if they truly annex it to the castle on that side.

Page 9 of 104 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast