Page 91 of 104 FirstFirst ... 41668188899091929394101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1553

• Under that tree again!

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    Does anyone know when the Carnation Cafe is going to reopen on Main Street? I think that is the final project for Main Street.
    Carnation Cafe is scheduled to open the first weekend in June. The Blue Riddon Bakery not until the second full weekend of July.

• Insomniac

^^Wait what? I thought the Blue Ribbon Bakery was gone and Carnation Cafe was taking its space?
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    ^^Wait what? I thought the Blue Ribbon Bakery was gone and Carnation Cafe was taking its space?
    I'm not sure what BRB will be. Disney has stated it's coming back since it closed and still has a planned opening date.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

No no no no. Blue Ribbon is gone. Dead. Gone. Carnation Cafe is taking the indoor space of Blue Ribbon.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Dave

Blog Entries

Two Points! First, I do think it is sad they have relgated the Penny Arcade to little more than window dressing. I have a hard time thinking it cost them all that much to operate the area. I also think Mainstreet has more than enough shopping to make a profit. I hope they keep what is left; it would be sad if what is left goes to yesterland.
    As far as upgrade in Priemvil World and grand canyon. I was mainly talking up upgrading the anamtronics in looks and modernization. Those are the sane dinos that have been there since T-rex walked the earth and I just feel it would be nice for an upgrade.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    As far as upgrade in Priemvil World and grand canyon. I was mainly talking up upgrading the anamtronics in looks and modernization. Those are the sane dinos that have been there since T-rex walked the earth and I just feel it would be nice for an upgrade.
    Ya the Primeval World is hilariously dated. At the very least, they should change the spiel to connect it back to the 1964 World's Fair where it came from.

• Minion

i thought the Blue Ribbon Bakery is still opening.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    i thought the Blue Ribbon Bakery is still opening.
    No, the Blue Ribbon Bakery is being replaced by an indoor dining area for the Carnation Cafe. Because of the closing of the Blue Ribbon, the Jolly Holiday Bakery opened at the end of Main Street.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    Ya the Primeval World is hilariously dated. At the very least, they should change the spiel to connect it back to the 1964 World's Fair where it came from.
    What's so dated about it? The movement on the large T-Rex? The dinosaur figures look amazing in certain areas, especially the ones drinking from the pond.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    What's so dated about it? The movement on the large T-Rex? The dinosaur figures look amazing in certain areas, especially the ones drinking from the pond.
    Think you've answered your own question there.

• We set sail for the sky

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I always thought the dated aspect of it was its whole point of existence. It is a tribute to the technological innovations of its time.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    No, the Blue Ribbon Bakery is being replaced by an indoor dining area for the Carnation Cafe. Because of the closing of the Blue Ribbon, the Jolly Holiday Bakery opened at the end of Main Street.
    I think much of the confusion here is how Disney reports much of it's reconstruction and refurbishment reports internally. Usually, the old designation for a location is used, rather than what it is turning into. Thus, currently both Carnation Cafe and Blue Ribbon Bakery are under 'refurbishment' and have different completion dates. Though from other sources, we know that the whole thing will just be an expanded Carnation Cafe.

The most likely result?

Anticipate 'Carnation Cafe' to finish sometime in June, don't know if it will be open though. Note that this probably won't be the actual cafe, but most likely refer to just the outside seating area. It would make sense for the patio to be finished before the rest of the restaraunt.

Then, in July will the 'Blue Ribbon Bakery' will complete and open. This will most likely be the actual function cafe with indoor seating and service (an according to Al Lutz, at least, Starbucks Coffee).
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Then, in July will the 'Blue Ribbon Bakery' will complete and open. This will most likely be the actual function cafe with indoor seating and service (an according to Al Lutz, at least, Starbucks Coffee).
    The original plan was to bring Starbucks to the Market House. Haven't heard anything about the Carnation Cafe.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    The original plan was to bring Starbucks to the Market House. Haven't heard anything about the Carnation Cafe.
    I'm just going purely off of the latest Al Lutz column on Miceage
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Think you've answered your own question there.
    I don't see how I answered my own question. The only thing that looks even remotely dated are the limited movements of the two large fighting dinosaurs at the end, which is only due to their sheer size. The whole primeval world scene is insanely detailed and fun to look at. You do realize that there are other figures in there besides the T-Rex?
    Last edited by Seawolf; 05-06-2012 at 11:45 AM.