Page 93 of 104 FirstFirst ... 43688390919293949596103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1553

• Johnny and Me!

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    They have started removing doors:

IMG_8088 by socal_ron, on Flickr
    I wonder if the pass thru to RDZ will survive. Does anyone know?

• Minion

Isn't the primeval world based off the Dinosaurs in Fantasia? So why update it when a lot of the scenes come from that movie? (and it still pleases most guest)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by VWSpawn View Post
    Isn't the primeval world based off the Dinosaurs in Fantasia? So why update it when a lot of the scenes come from that movie? (and it still pleases most guest)
    Yep, most of the dino scenes are almost exact recreations from scenes from Fantasia.

I love the Canyon/Dino scene on the railroad, but I do admit its placement as part of the RR is a bit... random. Especially occurring between Tomorowland and Main St.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Yes but why focus on something that is still popular with guests? There are far more pressing areas that need to be addressed like Tomorrowland.
    I do agree with you to an extent. But, I think there has to be a middle ground. Fix/update the things already here AND also add to areas that are bare. I think if you (not you sea wolf but you in a broader sense) focus on just 1 area (like the pressing areas as you called it) then the rest of the park suffers.

DCA is a great example of what I'm talking about. Not only are they adding a new land, but they're plussing the rest of the park to maintain.

All the waterfalls were running on Matterhorn today.

Name:  IMG_3265.JPG
Views: 1181
Size:  247.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3268.JPG
Views: 1176
Size:  240.8 KB
    Last edited by neodude; 05-08-2012 at 10:45 PM.

• Minion

Neodude, those are great pictures! Thank you so much! You can really see the water running smoother since they trimmed and fixed areas. The new bridge fits in really well, better than I had anticipated.

*Deleted (Posted in wrong thread)
    Last edited by micky90; 05-09-2012 at 01:39 AM.

• Minion

I don't see how I answered my own question. The only thing that looks even remotely dated are the limited movements of the two large fighting dinosaurs at the end, which is only due to their sheer size. The whole primeval world scene is insanely detailed and fun to look at. You do realize that there are other figures in there besides the T-Rex?
    Maybe what ssaamm was thinking (correct me if I'm wrong) is that if one part of the attraction is dated then that makes it dated. Even if the rest is not.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    Maybe what ssaamm was thinking (correct me if I'm wrong) is that if one part of the attraction is dated then that makes it dated. Even if the rest is not.
    If that were the case, they should have ripped out all the characters on Haunted Mansion and Pirates a long time ago and replaced them with the latest tech every 5-10 years. Primeval World is still an impressive scene and a great unexpected treat for riders, it doesn't matter if the attraction has older technology. If the scene loses its fun factor, then we can talk about upgrading the AA's, until then I feel there are bigger fish to fry like that empty Rocket Rods track.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 05-11-2012 at 11:08 AM.

• Minion

If that were the case, they should have ripped out all the characters on Haunted Mansion and Pirates a long time ago and replaced them with the latest tech every 5-10 years. Primeval World is still an impressive scene and a great unexpected treat for riders, it doesn't matter if the attraction has older technology. If the scene loses its fun factor, then we can talk about upgrading the AA's, until then I feel there are bigger fish to fry like that empty Rocket Rods track.
    Since you responded to this then I will respond directly to you instead of in a general sense.

The thing is, they have updated things in Pirates due to it being old. Sound system, reworked the AAs, etc. They have updated things for Small World, sound, AA's, adding things, etc. They have updated Haunted Mansion (the attic being the most recent that I recall). They got dated or so old that they needed to be refurbished OR it helped tell the story more. It doesn't mean they rip it out and replace it all as you suggested. They just UPDATE it. It seems that you are taking peoples post to UPDATE Primevil World to the extreme. I say this because you said: "they should have ripped out all the characters on Haunted Mansion and Pirates a long time ago and replaced them with the latest tech every 5-10 years." Also, I don't think anyone is saying this isn't impressive anymore as you suggest, they are merely saying it is OUTDATED. There is a big difference between outdated and merely ripping out entirely.

For the Rocket Rodds track there are a TON of legal hoops to jump through if they want to do something on it. Meanwhile, it sure would be nice for them to UPDATE OUTDATED attractions to keep things fresh instead of letting them go to the ruins and being in the same predicament they are in with the Rocket Rodds track now.

According to Scream Scape rumors of a rehab for Big Thunder has returned. If its anything like the work they are doing in Florida or the Matterhorn refresh, I say bring it on.

Can't wait for the Matterhorn to open up looks amazing!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    Does anyone know when the Carnation Cafe is going to reopen on Main Street? I think that is the final project for Main Street.
    I think it is likely.

In the concept photos you can see in the blog post, there is an alcove toward the left where that pass through is currently

New Fantasy Faire Experience Coming to Disneyland Park Disney Parks Blog

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NettyVal09 View Post
    Can't wait for the Matterhorn to open up looks amazing!
    I am SO excited too! This is my favorite Refurb, then Buena Vista Street. LOL

---------- Post added 05-11-2012 at 11:00 PM ----------

Anyone know if the spiel for the Matterhorn is being redone for the refurb? Those two guys Hans and Frans (I call them) annoy me. LOL

The Polka Music will still be there too?

• Minion

A new structure is going up behind the dome:

IMG_8468 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_8469 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_8470 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_8471 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_8474 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 05-12-2012 at 11:53 PM ----------

A brief pause to show the new MFW:

IMG_8448 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Talk about attention to detail:

IMG_8447 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 05-12-2012 at 11:54 PM ----------

It looks like they have removed the plants and started tearing down the back berm:

IMG_8454 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_8459 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_8460 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_8463 by socal_ron, on Flickr
    Last edited by Ron W; 05-12-2012 at 11:04 PM.