Page 98 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4873889596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1553

Re: Disneyland Resort Project Tracker 3

That's a big chunk of plastic that this guy painted a sparkly color.

Seriously, is that all there is? This guy paints chunks of plastic, and people drive over to Downtown Disney and pay cash money for it and then display it like it's something other than a sparkly chunk of plastic?

Who says we don't live in a decadent and silly society?!? Chunks of plastic for sale for big money, and it's passed off as "Fine Art" that we are supposed to covet instantly because this guy painted the plastic chunk a sparkly color.

And Disney and "Noah" laugh all the way to the bank!

• Minion

Beauty and Art is in the eye of the beholder.....

Kind of a rather nasty post West

• "What? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    That's a big chunk of plastic that this guy painted a sparkly color.

Seriously, is that all there is? This guy paints chunks of plastic, and people drive over to Downtown Disney and pay cash money for it and then display it like it's something other than a sparkly chunk of plastic?

Who says we don't live in a decadent and silly society?!? Chunks of plastic for sale for big money, and it's passed off as "Fine Art" that we are supposed to covet instantly because this guy painted the plastic chunk a sparkly color.

And Disney and "Noah" laugh all the way to the bank!
    It's ok not to like his latest piece, but come on now. You are taking it a bit far. Noah is a wonderful guy and a very talented artist. People love vinylmation and this is just a new version of it. I don't think they are really trying to pass off vinylmation off as "fine art". Noah's new California Adventure painting, that is fine art, and I will be purchasing it. I'll pass on this one because it's not my stye, but I am sure there are cars enthusiast who will love the car body paintjob with the pin stripe.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• Still lost in Neverland

I agree with Westsider. I think Vynalmation is the stupidest and ugliest stuff ever created. It has no artistic value at all and the figures are ugly. Now they are taking cars and monorails and making ugly things out of hunks of plastic. Painting them with sparkly paint does not a thing of beauty make. It is in the eye of the beholder, and my eye says UGLY!! Just my opinion and I have better Disney things to spend my money on.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

I thought Vynalmation was horrible, but got addicted. Love it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• revolutionary waltz

Beauty does not equate to art (just look at Guernica, which is neither a stereotypical beautiful painting nor a beautiful subject), nor is it necessary for any specific person to like something to make it art. Do I care for the art he makes? Personally, no, it doesn't speak to me. Yet, does that make it "not art" or a "cashgrab"? Does that make it's without merit? No, my (or anyone else's) personal opinion does not and should not be considered the definitive judgement of art.

That being said, has there been any news about Earl of Sandwich? I was hoping that it'd be open by this weekend (since it's already late Spring 2012 and I'll be in the area for MLG Anaheim), but haven't heard anything about when it'll open. ):

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by TwilitWings View Post
    That being said, has there been any news about Earl of Sandwich? I was hoping that it'd be open by this weekend (since it's already late Spring 2012 and I'll be in the area for MLG Anaheim), but haven't heard anything about when it'll open. ):
    I haven't heard anything lately, so as Disney said, late Summer, nothing more specific.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I agree with Westsider. I think Vynalmation is the stupidest and ugliest stuff ever created. It has no artistic value at all and the figures are ugly. Now they are taking cars and monorails and making ugly things out of hunks of plastic. Painting them with sparkly paint does not a thing of beauty make. It is in the eye of the beholder, and my eye says UGLY!! Just my opinion and I have better Disney things to spend my money on.
    This is just another fad like Beanie Babies and pin trading. And just as with those, Disney's penchant of overexposing the concept will eventually kill it. It was bad enough when there were just the Mickey shaped lumps of plastic. Now with the addition of Cars, and Monorail (which look even worse as they have them painted with wheels) shaped lumps of plastic, they are just hastening their demise.

I used to collect some pins and watches, back when they were actually collectable. Now, I shun pins entirely and only pick up a watch if it actually has some design I personally like.

Too many are now into Disney collecting just because they think there will be some financial benefit in the future (kind of like buying "collectable" plates several decades ago - now pretty much worthless). but just looking at any Disney related eBay auction will show the futility of that strategy.

Employees were riding Matterhorn yesterday.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    Employees were riding Matterhorn yesterday.
    I need more details.

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    I need more details.
    And photos!!!

Are the walls still up?
    Last edited by PirateLover; 06-07-2012 at 06:11 AM.

• 1000th Happy Haunt

They really need to focus on bringing the Hatbox Ghost back...I know it might not be a "top of the list" thing to do, but for anyone who understands the history behind the Haunted Mansion (or the Hatbox Ghost) would extremely appreciate it's return (even if it is not the original).

On Tuesday when I was in both parks, CM's were getting previews of everything. They were going backstage at BVS, they were having a party inside The Carthay Circle Theater, they were going inside the new DTD store. And while on the Monorail, suits were getting on the Matterhorn.
    Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

• "What? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I thought Vynalmation was horrible, but got addicted. Love it.
    Same here, I thought it was the stupidest thing ever. Then at the expo I saw the coffee table that was filled with them and I thought that looked so cool. Then I realized what a great way to collect my favorite characters. Now I am hooked. And there is an excitment to not knowing which one you will get. And then tradding off the ones you didn't want to try and get ones your love. Its fun!

I dont like the monorail ones, and not sure if I will like these 95 ones. But if cool designs start coming out I will.

My wife hates them, but this morning said "I need ot have this one" refering to the duffy one being released.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    And while on the Monorail, suits were getting on the Matterhorn.
    Yeah! Did you notice if the walls were still up? I'll guess find out for myself when I go this Sunday.