Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    • jhalderman
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atascadero, CA
    Posts
    151

    Smile Proposed Upgrades to classes E Ticket Attactions

    Potential Tom Staggs D23 Expo Keynote Address Topics


    • The Frontierland expansion both TDA and Tony Baxter want very badly, but that Burbank has been reluctant to fund
    • The Tomorrowland expansion both TDA and Tony Baxter want a bit less, but that Burbank has been reluctant to fund
    • Any elements of Phase Two for DCA; Hollywood and Hyperion Theater makeover, Condor Flats and Grizzly Mountain makeover and new Soarin’ film, a second Pixar dark ride in Paradise Pier
    • The proposed upgrades to Disneyland classic E Tickets like Matterhorn, Big Thunder, and Haunted Mansion.
    • The Carthay Circle Theater private membership club
    • New dining attractions in the parks; the Ghirardelli factory in Pacific Wharf and the Mary Poppins bakery at the Plaza Pavilion

    The previous portion of text was an excerpt from Al Lutz article that came out today on Miceage called Ready Set. I was wondering What are the details of these? I haven't heard anything, I'm really interested in the frontierland expansion and what upgrades would happen to big thunder? I love frontierland. Anyways know where I can find info on these??

    Thanks!!

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,638

    Re: Proposed Upgrades to classes E Ticket Attactions

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyhalderman View Post
    The previous portion of text was an excerpt from Al Lutz article that came out today on Miceage called Ready Set. I was wondering What are the details of these? I haven't heard anything, I'm really interested in the frontierland expansion and what upgrades would happen to big thunder? I love frontierland. Anyways know where I can find info on these??

    Thanks!!
    Definitely do not look too far into this portion of Al's article. Staggs will not talk about any Frontierland expansion.

    There is a Frontierland expansion in the works. As of now, it's an original attraction with no film tie-in.

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: Proposed Upgrades to classes E Ticket Attactions

    Yea I had heard vauge rumors about a frontierland redo over at WDWmagic but most of these rumors seemed to have come out of nowhere.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county
    Posts
    409

    Re: Proposed Upgrades to classes E Ticket Attactions

    yay no movie tie in!!!!!!!

  5. #5

    • This is it... COME ON!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Outlands
    Posts
    279

    Re: Proposed Upgrades to classes E Ticket Attactions

    Oooo HM!
    Disneyland's closed for all of 2011. See you in 2012. Snow White is now a water ride, Matterhorn has a fullsize basketball court where the Clippers have relocated to, and King Arthur's Carousel is suspended 250ft. in the air.
    Enjoy it while it lasts! LOL!

    Proud Premium Passholder

    What happened to the old Disney movie opening? The new ones just too long and not classic.

  6. #6

    • jhalderman
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atascadero, CA
    Posts
    151

    Re: Proposed Upgrades to classes E Ticket Attactions

    I would actually LOVE if they made a big thunder mountain movie. I know that Disney likes to take things and squeeze as much money as they can out of something, but I just LOVE the attraction and theme. I love the first pirates movie too, I heard they were making a matterhorn film possibly. So does anyone have any idea what these updates/new rides might be? any concepts at all?

  7. #7

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: Proposed Upgrades to classes E Ticket Attactions

    A Tomorrowland expansion will come before a Fronteirland expansion.


  8. #8

    • The Legend Ends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    312

    Re: Proposed Upgrades to classes E Ticket Attactions

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    A Tomorrowland expansion will come before a Fronteirland expansion.
    Why? They are bringing crowds into tomorrowland with Star Tours 2.
    I believe in Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty was real.

  9. #9

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,941
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Proposed Upgrades to classes E Ticket Attactions

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    A Tomorrowland expansion will come before a Fronteirland expansion.
    See thing is ONLY Disneyland fans dont like Tomorrowland.....everyone else Star Tours, Nemo, Buzz and space...hence the long lines for all of those

    Frontierland has not got a new ride in over 20 years....I think we know which one needs it more

  10. #10

    • Member of Baxter's Army
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Haunted Mansion
    Posts
    2,389

    Re: Proposed Upgrades to classes E Ticket Attactions

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    See thing is ONLY Disneyland fans dont like Tomorrowland.....everyone else Star Tours, Nemo, Buzz and space...hence the long lines for all of those

    Frontierland has not got a new ride in over 20 years....I think we know which one needs it more
    Uh,I think most Disneyland fans are more upset with aesthetics rather than actual Attractions, For example the lack of Peoplemover, grounded Astro Orbitor, ugly rocks at the entrance , Huge waste of space known as Innoventions, and the ugly Observatron. Contrastly Magic Kingdom looks great aesthetically but the Attractions are horrible.

  11. #11

    • This is it... COME ON!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Outlands
    Posts
    279

    Re: Proposed Upgrades to classes E Ticket Attactions

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyhalderman View Post
    I would actually LOVE if they made a big thunder mountain movie. I know that Disney likes to take things and squeeze as much money as they can out of something, but I just LOVE the attraction and theme. I love the first pirates movie too, I heard they were making a matterhorn film possibly. So does anyone have any idea what these updates/new rides might be? any concepts at all?
    Ever seen Home On The Range?
    Disneyland's closed for all of 2011. See you in 2012. Snow White is now a water ride, Matterhorn has a fullsize basketball court where the Clippers have relocated to, and King Arthur's Carousel is suspended 250ft. in the air.
    Enjoy it while it lasts! LOL!

    Proud Premium Passholder

    What happened to the old Disney movie opening? The new ones just too long and not classic.

  12. #12

    • jhalderman
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Atascadero, CA
    Posts
    151

    Re: Proposed Upgrades to classes E Ticket Attactions

    Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Uh,I think most Disneyland fans are more upset with aesthetics rather than actual Attractions, For example the lack of Peoplemover, grounded Astro Orbitor, ugly rocks at the entrance , Huge waste of space known as Innoventions, and the ugly Observatron. Contrastly Magic Kingdom looks great aesthetically but the Attractions are horrible.
    I totally agree with you. People Mover and Astro Orbitor should return! Rocks need to go! Innoventions wave goodbye. Also today I was thinking about the Autopia and how much it really doesn't fit the theme of tomorrow anymore. Considering gas powered cars have been around for decades, now if they did alternative fuel powered autopia cars then maybe, but i think they should use this real estate for something new, btw am I the only one who LOVED rocket rods? I miss them, they looked and sounded so cool, not the funnest ride in the world and probably not worth the wait but I loved the concept, it saddens me that they are gone.

    ---------- Post added 08-16-2011 at 11:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jjajju View Post
    Ever seen Home On The Range?
    Gross i dont' even consider that to be disney. No i meant something specifically about the big thunder mountain railroad, A runaway mine train movie would be awesome!

Similar Threads

  1. From Ticket to Passport: Ticket Upgrades
    By mini_imagineer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 07:20 AM
  2. Automated Ticket Machines
    By cellarhound in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 01:57 PM
  3. Next Big E Ticket
    By Dustysage in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 11:51 AM
  4. Tomorrowland E-Ticket Idea:Mission to Halo
    By mp3piratesavvy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-06-2005, 09:51 PM
  5. Board upgrades??
    By figment1986 in forum The Tech Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2005, 09:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •