Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plaza Pavilion

• The Lost One

Plaza Pavilion

Was this place ever open for food service and when did it close down? I've tried looking around and couldn't find a closure date.

Re: Plaza Pavilion

• The Lost One

I knew it is becoming the bakery i started to think what else it has been used for. So based on what you gave me it has always been a AP processing center?

It hasn't always been a AP center. From this Mice Chat update, it seems as though it closed for the change back in February of 2008.
    http://micechat.com/blogs/dateline-d...over-more.html
    That is what information I was able to find. It might be more appropriate to post this question in the thread about the new announcement for the area.

• The Lost One

ah, i figured since it didn't have to due with a update that a separate thread would work.

• Minion

Yes, it originally was a food service location. If my memory serves me correctly, it served different types of pastas and Italian food.

I know it was a sit down restaurant. But amazingly, I can't find much information about it via search, not even in Yesterdayland.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Yes, it originally was a food service location. If my memory serves me correctly, it served different types of pastas and Italian food.
    You are infact correct, I remember eating there once back when it was still a dining location, it had many different pastas lined up buffet style and as you went down the line, you picked up what you wanted to eat and payed at the end. It was a great place to have a late dinner and watch the fireworks from...

• Down Pluto!

The oldest information I could find in my archive was October 1990, and it appears to no longer be a food location at that time. So sometime before October 1990...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Blew By You

When I was working at the Blue Bayou, I recall a manager saying that the Pavilion and Tahitian Terrace shared the kitchen. Don't know if it was true. But they do seem connected.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    The oldest information I could find in my archive was October 1990, and it appears to no longer be a food location at that time. So sometime before October 1990...
    Trust me, it was a dining location a few years ago, 2007 was the visit I took when we ate there, (it could have been a different year, but I do not quite remember) it has not been THAT long since a Dining service location has been to the Plaza Pavillions...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
    Trust me, it was a dining location a few years ago, 2007 was the visit I took when we ate there, (it could have been a different year, but I do not quite remember) it has not been THAT long since a Dining service location has been to the Plaza Pavillions...
    No, definitely not 2007. You're probably thinking of the Plaza Inn across the street. The Plaza Pavilion has been closed for a great number of years now.

• The Lost One

So it basically was a copy of the plaza inn across the hub? It makes since hat it was closed then.

This is from a June 2007 Plaza Pavilion thread on MiceChat.
    This was from Google Archive from http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/...6495/main.html

Plaza Pavilion (Extinct). The Plaza Pavilion is the other buffeteria at the end of Main Street, specializing in pastas. Unfortunately, it's often not open for business unless it's a very busy day. In fact, the odds are good that the Pavilion might never reopen its doors. Sponsored by Contadina.
    Sitting between Main Street and Adventureland, the Pavilion building and kitchen is actually much larger than you would think. The Tahitian Terrace/Aladdin's Oasis, as well as the Tiki Room show building, all share a common roof with the Pavilion - have a look at that roof sometime to see how the Main Street theming segues into the Adventureland theming.
    Menu Items as of closing 1999 Spaghetti or Penne Pasta - $7.99 - choice of marinara, bolognese, alfredo, primavera, sicilian or chicken alfredo.
    Chicken Breast Sandwich - $7.25
    Italian Rope Sausage Sandwich - $7.25
    Caesar Salad - $3.95
    Tiramisu - $3.95
    Parfait Dessert - $3.95
    Child's Pasta Meal - $3.99
    Baked Pasta Dinner - $8.99 - DINNER ONLY.
    Spaghetti or Penne Pasta Dinner - $8.99 - DINNER ONLY. Same sauces as lunchtime.

Last edited by GeeVee; 08-17-2011 at 07:30 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 46566 View Post
    So it basically was a copy of the plaza inn across the hub? It makes since hat it was closed then.
    As you can see in GeeVee's post, the Plaza Pavilion focused on pasta. Once it closed, I believe they moved the pasta to the Plaza Inn. But when they were both in operation, only the Pavilion served pasta.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast