Page 102 of 668 FirstFirst ... 252779299100101102103104105112127152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 10011

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

mint update is on his blog!!

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

• Banned User

Buena Vista Street will be very emotional and so epic! I really cannot wait

• Still lost in Neverland

Yes it will. I am very impressed with all the detail that will be put in here. I can't believe what they are doing with the interiors. It's going to be very emotional.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Can someone explain the context of this picture?
    Last edited by Trevor; 09-23-2011 at 08:05 PM.

• Minion

I believe that they run a small loop of Imagineering concepts and artwork between each showing of the Buena Vista Street video. You can see the "Next Showing: 0:29" in the bottom corner.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I like.

OMG! I was actually at the South Pasadena Farmer's Market the other day and saw the shelter there and I thought to myself "This looks like the one that's gonna be on BVS"

And then I saw this:

I thought it was pretty cool Anywho, here are some pictures of the one I saw in South Pasadena. It's right next to the metro mission station. (PS If you get a chance, check out the farmers market on Thursdays 4-8 )

Name:  so_pa_water_hole.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  45.7 KB Name:  farmers+market+ostrich+iron+works.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  47.0 KB

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Quote Originally Posted by neodude View Post
    OMG! I was actually at the South Pasadena Farmer's Market the other day and saw the shelter there and I thought to myself "This looks like the one that's gonna be on BVS"

And then I saw this:
    I thought it was pretty cool Anywho, here are some pictures of the one I saw in South Pasadena. It's right next to the metro mission station. (PS If you get a chance, check out the farmers market on Thursdays 4-8 )
    I know right? I often go to that Farmer's Market too and I got so excited when they released the concept art for the one in BVS. It looks just like the real thing! lol

On another note, I just thought that I should point this out. I thought it was interesting. Notice that in the concept art for the Carthay Circle Theater Concierge outfit, she is standing on an outdoor balcony on the Carthay Circle Theater. Notice the main tower in the background.

The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Raconteur

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    [Mint's photo] Can someone explain the context of this picture?
    I don't know the context of it, but man, that'd make a sweet-looking new Tomorrowland.

Have any of youse guys ever played Final Fantasy X? I could see a Tomorrowland makeover look sort of like Zanarkand in the beginning of the game. (Sorry for the off-topic.)

-edit: Oh good I can be on topic thanks to the post above! I noticed that, actually. If they do in fact have outdoor upper floor patio seating, what a great vantage point that'd be to have dinner at!
    Disneyland Resort Photography by Quiksotik
    Disneyland parking attendant: "Have a magical day, yo!"

• film975

Wow! When John Lasseter said at the D23 Expo that you're gonna be transported, he wasn't kidding. I know he said that about Cars Land. But I think that also applies to Buena Vista Street as well. The level of detail is going to be incredible. Finally, DCA is becoming a true Disney park!

• Dream in wonderful color!

I'm surprised a video of the Blue Sky Cellar hasn't surfaced yet! MintCrocodile says its the best video in the Cellar so far, I can't wait to see it.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Again I will say great update from Mint...BVS is going to be amazing. So much detail, immersion, and story. True quality. I love seeing little backstories like this and how they are making it this kind of idealized Los Angeles neighborhood that inspired Walt to create his characters. I wonder how this kind of story will be told when all is said and done.

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...-pB2LS6s-O.jpg

glad to see mint's update is up so quick! i actually went tonight as well to look at the new BSC in-person and it was awesome. didn't get the chance to stay and watch the video (will have to do that some other time) but loved to see the model and the images. i'm loving the look of clarabelle's ice cream parlor! this makes me even more excited for BVS. the only thing that i didn't really like on the model though was the trolley wires. i guess it'll be different seeing it in person from the vantage point of being on the street, but looking at it on the model, it just seems cumbersome and almost kind of an eyesore, a little too busy with wires hanging everywhere (like in the third pic below).

i did take some pics as well thinking i'd post them in anticipation of mint's update. he got pretty much everything, so i'll just post a few here that are different from what he got up. you can click on the image to go to the site and see the much-larger original image. two things that i noticed: the condor flats sign is gone in the model! but the elephants at the entrance to hollywood are not.

and on a final random note... when i was taking pictures inside the BSC, i overheard a guy talking with his friend about how earlier in the day he saw someone taking close-up pictures of everything inside the BSC and asked the guy taking pics if he was affiliated with a site, but that the guy didn't really respond... the first thing that came to my mind was, "i wonder if that was mintcrocodile taking pics..." and wanted to ask the guy telling his friend the story if the website he was thinking of was micechat, but didn't. would've been a weird coincidence if it was and should've reached out to make an "internet friend" as he put it, and it made me wonder how many micechatters might've been at the BSC today

In this piece of concept art for one of the stores it looks like scenes with life size figures on the 'second floor' much in the way in the emporium on main street. At least that is how it looks to me.

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...-RnGPBDJ-O.jpg