Page 103 of 668 FirstFirst ... 3537893100101102103104105106113128153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 10011

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

The model shows a blue limo size taxi next to the Carthay driving north from Bugs Land. Is that something that will be there when the area opens? What route would it take?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    I'm surprised a video of the Blue Sky Cellar hasn't surfaced yet! MintCrocodile says its the best video in the Cellar so far, I can't wait to see it.
    I really want to see it too!

Quote Originally Posted by tromo58 View Post
    and on a final random note... when i was taking pictures inside the BSC, i overheard a guy talking with his friend about how earlier in the day he saw someone taking close-up pictures of everything inside the BSC and asked the guy taking pics if he was affiliated with a site, but that the guy didn't really respond... the first thing that came to my mind was, "i wonder if that was mintcrocodile taking pics..." and wanted to ask the guy telling his friend the story if the website he was thinking of was micechat, but didn't. would've been a weird coincidence if it was and should've reached out to make an "internet friend" as he put it, and it made me wonder how many micechatters might've been at the BSC today
    That was me! The person taking pictures was taking the kind of pictures (close-ups of EVERYTHING!) that usually show up here, other sites, or blogs, so I thought I'd ask what site it was (since I visit many/most of them) to thank him for posting updates and photos and how appreciative I was. I may have just caught him off guard with my question, which is why he said that he wasn't affiliated with a site. I just wanted to say hi, nice to meet you, I'm David and I like Disneyland stuff, too. And YOU should have said hi, nice to meet you, I'm Tromo58 on MiceChat and I like Disneyland stuff, too.

I assume that is a fairly old model of BVS since the pump house is missing?

Really love the concept art for the interiors and the cast member outfits though. Great stuff.
    *A Republic... If you can keep it*

Quote Originally Posted by WarningSLO View Post
    I assume that is a fairly old model of BVS since the pump house is missing?

Really love the concept art for the interiors and the cast member outfits though. Great stuff.
    Yeah there are already a few different things that are built that differ from the model. The Pan Pacific entrance was changed quite a bit. There is a trolly stop instead of the pump house. Looking at the art work for the store facades, I expect we are going to see more changes there as well. This was probably BVS model 1.0.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I believe someone mentioned that model was one of the original working and presentation models for BVS (then called Walt Disney Plaza) and dates back to 2007. Much has changed but there are definitely elements from it that seemed to have stuck through to more recent things. Speaking of Walt Disney Plaza, it's funny to also see that name on the RCT elevations. Those elevations of the street featured in the exhibit seem pretty recent though (and were also featured at D23 although a bit of difference between the two) but even on that board you can see notes about changes needed and even two different elevation arts of the same area (FF&P Cafe corner). BSC does show the evolving process of development in Imagineering so it's cool to see how similar yet different many of these things are. Cannot wait until the final product.

I will say that one thing I love about what I'm seeing with both BVS and Carsland is that the buildings don't look "sterile". They have texture, character, theming, and that "lived" in feeling. TLM, while a great, high quality, and cleverly themed building, just feel so "sterile" to me. The Paradise Garden Restaurants and SSS also have a SLIGHT sterile feel to me as well (although not nearly as much as TLM, these buildings have more character, color, and textured detail IMO and the lush vegetation offsets it too and a GREAT interior at BP&P). TSMM hit it right and doesn't have that feeling at all and is a great example of exterior theming. I'm just really glad both BVS and Carsland are going more with the TSMM route in having more textured theming instead of the simple, blank, and somewhat "sterile" feel (which can be a problem for more "Mission" styled buildings)

• My Own Oasis

I may be mistaken, but wasn't there some talk of not including the overhead wires for the trollys due to the height restrictions it would cause for any future parades?

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by adoborocks View Post
    I may be mistaken, but wasn't there some talk of not including the overhead wires for the trollys due to the height restrictions it would cause for any future parades?
    They are still be included but have been adjusted to please Entertainment. TreoFred, who so graciously talked to some Imagineers during D23 including a lead on the BVS project, had to this to report from what the Imagineer had told him.

One of my favorite point of details is that the overhead catenary are just 'for show' and all the posts are used for loud speaker, lights, etc. The trolley ARE electric, running on battery, charged through induction coupling at various stop points. They did leave the cable to unconsciously force people to look down, helping with the sight lines. They did raise the height of the line from 16 to 21-23 feet after 'negotiations with the entertainment department concerning the parade floats'.
    Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

• film975

I just love that model of Buena Vista Street. I had a lot of fun taking it all in at the D23 Expo. Can't wait to do that again next time I visit the park. That model shows up in the first Blue Sky Celler video. There are several shots of it within the first few minutes or so.

Last edited by film975; 09-24-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheThirdFloor View Post
    That was me! The person taking pictures was taking the kind of pictures (close-ups of EVERYTHING!) that usually show up here, other sites, or blogs, so I thought I'd ask what site it was (since I visit many/most of them) to thank him for posting updates and photos and how appreciative I was. I may have just caught him off guard with my question, which is why he said that he wasn't affiliated with a site. I just wanted to say hi, nice to meet you, I'm David and I like Disneyland stuff, too. And YOU should have said hi, nice to meet you, I'm Tromo58 on MiceChat and I like Disneyland stuff, too.
    haha! it really is a small world after all, eh? well, next time i'll just go for it and say, "hi, nice to meet you, i'm ryan and i like disneyland stuff too!" i guess you never know who you're gonna run into unless you actually say something. hope you all had a fun time at DCA last night!

• Dream in wonderful color!

A new [unauthorized site] update:

[link to unauthorized site removed]
    Last edited by nonob88; 09-24-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Link to and pictures from non-partner site with forums removed, per MiceChat policy.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

I loved the Zephyr but Sunshine Plaza already looks better in my opinion.

SOOOO anyone know/ have any idea when Screamin is supposed to reopen?

• Disneyman

It looks like the foundation for Sarge's is going in. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to link to the DG site here. (hint, hint)
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• We Go On.

Those BVS costumes look amazing. I don't know if I have a favorite. I can't wait to see the male version of the Carthay Circle Theater cast member costume.