Page 104 of 668 FirstFirst ... 4547994101102103104105106107114129154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 10011

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    It looks like the foundation for Sarge's is going in. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to link to the DG site here. (hint, hint)
    It was linked to a few posts above. I thought it was only other forums that were not allowed.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    A new [unauthorized site] update:

[link to unauthorized site removed]

Demolition work is moving fast

I don't think I saw this in Mint's update -- an elevation study of one of the Trolley stops

The Courthouse at Cars Land
    Great to see so much progress in the Sun Plaza, still kind of sad to see it gone, while Buena Vista will be a million times better, its still sad to see something that has been there since day1 completely demolished.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 09-24-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Link to and pictures from non-partner site with forums removed, per MiceChat policy.

Quote Originally Posted by fabfive View Post
    SOOOO anyone know/ have any idea when Screamin is supposed to reopen?
    October 15th

• Banned User

So people have been saying that the new video at the Blue Sky Cellar is the best one yet, and its very touching. However nobody has taken any videos of it, yet a ton of videos of the Haunted Mansion Holiday (which we have all seen a million times) have been posted. Can someone pleaseeee take a video of this new film at the BSC?

• Dream in wonderful color!

For anyone who's interested, here's a fun look back at the DCA opening festivities (including attraction dedication ceremonies, opening ceremony, celebrity red carpet, etc.) Pretty fun to look back and compare to what the park looks like now.

It was originally aired on Cast TV and someone was nice enough to upload it on YouTube in six different parts:

17:31Add toDisney's California Adventure Park Behind The S...by mycoolhomevideos135 views

Y
    ou'll find parts 1-6 on the sidebar.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Has anyone heard where these great new attraction posters are going to go?

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    For anyone who's interested, here's a fun look back at the DCA opening festivities (including attraction dedication ceremonies, opening ceremony, celebrity red carpet, etc.) Pretty fun to look back and compare to what the park looks like now.

It was originally aired on Cast TV and someone was nice enough to upload it on YouTube in six different parts:

17:31Add toDisney's California Adventure Park Behind The S...by mycoolhomevideos135 views

Y
    ou'll find parts 1-6 on the sidebar.

Mediocrity celebrated.

---------- Post added 09-24-2011 at 06:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I disagree. I think it's a very handsome coaster! There are many beautiful coasters out there, and I'm not talking about the Disney variety.
    It's a fake wooden coaster. It doesn't sound like the real thing, it doesn't look like the real thing. It's a maintenance nightmare as far as up keep. It doesn't stay looking nice for very long. Demolish it and build a real woody.

• Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    Has anyone heard where these great new attraction posters are going to go?
    I don't know, but they sure look awesome!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I will say that one thing I love about what I'm seeing with both BVS and Carsland is that the buildings don't look "sterile". They have texture, character, theming, and that "lived" in feeling. TLM, while a great, high quality, and cleverly themed building, just feel so "sterile" to me. The Paradise Garden Restaurants and SSS also have a SLIGHT sterile feel to me as well (although not nearly as much as TLM, these buildings have more character, color, and textured detail IMO and the lush vegetation offsets it too and a GREAT interior at BP&P). TSMM hit it right and doesn't have that feeling at all and is a great example of exterior theming. I'm just really glad both BVS and Carsland are going more with the TSMM route in having more textured theming instead of the simple, blank, and somewhat "sterile" feel (which can be a problem for more "Mission" styled buildings)
    I watched the new video in BSC today. They said there were 5 (I think it was 5) different architects assigned to design the BVS shops independently, so it would look natural and not like all one design.

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    It was linked to a few posts above. I thought it was only other forums that were not allowed.
    Last week when I linked pics to the DG site, the mods removed them because it's a site that contains discussion forums.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    I watched the new video in BSC today. They said there were 5 (I think it was 5) different architects assigned to design the BVS shops independently, so it would look natural and not like all one design.
    Now that is great to hear and you can definitely tell. This will for sure help with authenticity and creating that "lived in" more natural design aesthetic that should come with this. Thank you for sharing this.

• Minion

I didn't catch if anyone mentioned the videos in the BSC foyer. One is a behind-the-scenes slideshow of the current projects, one is a Carsland fly-through, and the other alternates between a BVS fly-through and the Carthay Circle time-lapse.

---------- Post added 09-24-2011 at 10:42 PM ----------

The scaffolding has been removed from the inside of the air filter at Flo's:

---------- Post added 09-24-2011 at 10:47 PM ----------

Some close-ups of the statue model:

That statue is perfect. That is all.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    Mediocrity celebrated.
    ---------- Post added 09-24-2011 at 06:58 PM ----------
    It's a fake wooden coaster. It doesn't sound like the real thing, it doesn't look like the real thing. It's a maintenance nightmare as far as up keep. It doesn't stay looking nice for very long. Demolish it and build a real woody.
    First point - agreed.

Second point - You really think a woody would be LESS of a maintenance nightmare? For Disney to own a woody, they'd have to re-track it every 5-7 years. Or use topper track which is pretty unsightly. Plus with Cali's seismic activity, it would be pretty heavy on wood unlike coasters in the midwest which can get away with having an airier structure. Yeah, real wood would have been a nightmare.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Woah.. looks like we now have confirmation of the new X-Mas show!

Happening now in Paradise Bay..

They also had christmas trees projected on Screamin' but the camera moved before I could take a screenshot.

They're starting the testing really early which makes me think this will be a full show and not just an encore.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney