Page 111 of 668 FirstFirst ... 116186101108109110111112113114121136161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 10011

• Banned User

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

From Al's article:

"The one seasonal addition this year, a Christmas themed segment being added to World of Color for the peak holiday weeks, is being handled by WDI's Creative Entertainment team led by Steve Davison."

Case closed?

• Become part of MY world!

Eh, never seen it, I'll just wait and see, but I have high hopes!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Everything went better than expected!

Seriously, with everything that's going on this winter in preparation for the new land(s), I'm surprised that they're even adding a Christmas segment to WoC.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

Al writes in the new article about DCA entertainment....
    (Love at Less Sight - MiceAge.com)

Before the construction walls can come down at DCA, there’s also a half dozen new entertainment offerings that need to be cast, scripted and rehearsed for locations throughout DCA’s new areas. Jazz combos on Buena Vista Street, spare car parts bands in Cars Land, and Roaring 20’s dance crazes erupting from the passing Red Car Trolley are just a few of the atmosphere entertainment concepts to be added to DCA by next summer. No wonder the Entertainment team was happy to put elecTRONica on cruise control for another six months, instead of trying to stage a replacement this fall.
    Sounds like some cool stuff starting next summer?

• Banned User

Yeah it does sound cool! Its amazing how many new rides, stores, restaurants and now entertainment (including the Tea Party event) DCA will be getting next summer! Its going to be an amazing time for this park!

And Also talk of MSEP coming back, I originally wanted it back in DCA only because it kind of balance out the night entertainment (DCA: MSEP and WOC; DL: F! and Fireworks), but yeah it makes more sense to put it DL since the fans really want to see it there anyway and DL will have SOMETHING 'new' to offer next summer...a 40 year old parade lol. Hey take what you can get. But yeah if that parade come back with huge marketing backing making a big deal of its return to DL and DCA will be rockin it with the new lands and the tea party, not to mention all the usual offerings, DLR will be blowing the doors next year in terms of entertainment and new offerings. I thought this year was great, but next year can actually double whats new to see!

Of course, if MSEP goes back to DL and DCA gets all this new stuff like the Tea Party, it will kind go back to my main issue with DL that its becoming more and more a museum and character santuary and DCA is the one taking more chances these days. Whatever though, my mother loves that parade, so bring it back!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Of course, if MSEP goes back to DL and DCA gets all this new stuff like the Tea Party, it will kind go back to my main issue with DL that its becoming more and more a museum and character santuary and DCA is the one taking more chances these days. Whatever though, my mother loves that parade, so bring it back!
    Those are my fears as well, with DCA pushing new boundaries and offering so many new things, DL seems to always go back to the same old watering holes (ie: Captain EO, Subs, Star Tours,possibly MSEP etc), I really hope DL starts to get some new groundbreaking things like DCA has been getting lately. Like you said, its beginning to look like a museum and thats the last thing Walt would have wanted.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    Those are my fears as well, with DCA pushing new boundaries and offering so many new things, DL seems to always go back to the same old watering holes (ie: Captain EO, Subs, Star Tours,possibly MSEP etc), I really hope DL starts to get some new groundbreaking things like DCA has been getting lately. Like you said, its beginning to look like a museum and thats the last thing Walt would have wanted.
    Yeah, exactly! Again, I dont want to get into a tangent about it in the DCA tracker threads, but this is why DCA excites me more lately these days, because we are getting BRAND NEW ATTRACTIONS and not just remodified stuff and strictly character focused stuff DL has been doing for years now.

Thats why when people keep saying to bring back the PM or someone touting brining back Circle Vision theater, thankfully thats just a one off AP event to encourage them to come and not a full revision, it just doesnt help if people want to see NEW and innovative stuff in the park!

We as Disney fans cant speak on side of our mouth DL is not bringing anything new to the table, but on the OTHER side actually clamoring for stuff thats been out of the park for litterally decades brings a VERY mixed message! I just dont think people realize that.

And thats why we have Nemo subs, Captain EO and a revamped Star Tours (but a WORTHY addition there). But seriously though, you add the PM, Skyway and everything else fans want back, it will feel like 'Tomorrow'land, circa 1989. I mean yeah, DL needs to go the direction of DCA and build from scratch again!

(LOL, did I just say that?)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Yeah, exactly! Again, I dont want to get into a tangent about it in the DCA tracker threads, but this is why DCA excites me more lately these days, because we are getting BRAND NEW ATTRACTIONS and not just remodified stuff and strictly character focused stuff DL has been doing for years now.

Thats why when people keep saying to bring back the PM or someone touting brining back Circle Vision theater, thankfully thats just a one off AP event to encourage them to come and not a full revision, it just doesnt help if people want to see NEW and innovative stuff in the park!

We as Disney fans cant speak on side of our mouth DL is not bringing anything new to the table, but on the OTHER side actually clamoring for stuff thats been out of the park for litterally decades brings a VERY mixed message! I just dont think people realize that.

And thats why we have Nemo subs, Captain EO and a revamped Star Tours (but a WORTHY addition there). But seriously though, you add the PM, Skyway and everything else fans want back, it will feel like 'Tomorrow'land, circa 1989. I mean yeah, DL needs to go the direction of DCA and build from scratch again!

(LOL, did I just say that?)
    Thats why I wish they would bring Ironman to DL, something new, fresh and different. Marvel or not,it would be a cool addition.

Surprisingly, and again not trying to get on a tangent, I agree with the above. Something new and perhaps even surprising needs to come to the park. I know its difficult since land is not plentiful. But the constant re-purposing and vague retheming isn't going to cut it for very long.

Why I am very excited about DCA, as well. Lots of exciting stuff happening, and new stuff at that.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

• Minion

Okay guys- let them get through the DCA Refurb and then things will happen with Disneyland. You've gotta give em time to get things going and be done with what they're doing. Remember, it's only been about 5 years since Disneyland was completely repainted, refurbed, etc. by Matt Ouimet for the 50th. That was a HUGE change in the park. So just be patient and wait...good things are in the works. :0)

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Well concerning WoC...got a lil info and well if you're wanting a full holiday show well 2012 will be the year so we have that to look forward to! This season, despite heavy construction, some holiday flair will be added to WoC funded and pushed by Disney Pictures in the same vein that earlier add ons were added except it's not an encore or during show replacement. You guys are good with visuals should be great addition and add over a minute of holiday fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Well concerning WoC...got a lil info and well if you're wanting a full holiday show well 2012 will be the year so we have that to look forward to! This season, despite heavy construction, some holiday flair will be added to WoC funded and pushed by Disney Pictures in the same vein that earlier add ons were added except it's not an encore or during show replacement. You guys are good with visuals should be great addition and add over a minute of holiday fun.
    It really makes sense for them to do the big holiday push next year when the park is looking all new and sparkly.

If they do a full holiday WoC at DCA with added entertainment and decor in the park next year it would be a great way to push for out-of-town guests to come for the holidays (and stay at the hotels) with the centerpiece of each day being the nightly entertainment at BOTH parks. That's a lot more to entice people to come.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

BuenaVistaStreet, I thought in another thread you said DL needed to wait for something new while DCA found its audience. What changed your mind?
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Shiver Me Knee Caps

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    Okay guys- let them get through the DCA Refurb and then things will happen with Disneyland. You've gotta give em time to get things going and be done with what they're doing. Remember, it's only been about 5 years since Disneyland was completely repainted, refurbed, etc. by Matt Ouimet for the 50th. That was a HUGE change in the park. So just be patient and wait...good things are in the works. :0)
    I agree with this...Disney doesn't want to make major changes to DL while DCA is being remade. I'm sure we'll hear a big announcement for DL next year...

• Minion

I think Woc needs a full holiday show this year because if not the park is just DCA unlike DL who goes all out and DCA has absolutely nothing to show for Xmas which i think this year they could test out the WOC xmas show and next year improve it if needed. I'm going in November when Xmas starts at the resort and probably not even going to go see DCA because it has nothing to offer thats special over Christmas time.

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on