Page 13 of 668 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516233863113513 ... LastLast

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

King Triton's Carousel is getting the same treatment that King Arthur's Carousel got in Disneyland with steps and handles to hold on to.

• Minion

An out-of-service shell:

DCA construction pics are loading now. A lot of the view of Mater's has been blocked by all the new trees.

19 pictures by conundrum_01 - Photobucket

Hairy Baby!

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Thanks for the pictures!
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

I am reading a few D23 Twitter posts about Club 33 membership expanding and the CCC at DCA. Have not seen any actual quotes of what was said though.

The official Disney blog did have a story about Club 33 just a few days ago which is being counted as a clue.

• Banned User

19 :: IMG_2576.jpg picture by conundrum_01 - Photobucket

Nice! Already working on sight lines.

• Minion

Some more deconstruction going on in the shops:

The walls have been pushed out making the path narrower:

Blue wrappings have been added to the columns:

Still not sure what's happening back here. It looks like the foundation of a small building, which probably has to do with Luigi's vehicles since there is a gate right across from it. Plus, there are now what looks like forms for another road intersecting that road that runs by FFF, but the road seems to dead end on the back of Luigi's:

---------- Post added 08-20-2011 at 10:09 AM ----------

Halloween merchandise has started to hit the shelves:

---------- Post added 08-20-2011 at 10:11 AM ----------

A peek at the temporary walkway:

Hairy Baby!

• Carbon based

Quote Originally Posted by John Goodman View Post
    19 :: IMG_2576.jpg picture by conundrum_01 - Photobucket

Nice! Already working on sight lines.
    I agree with the sight lines although that one had me wondering:

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/o...9/IMG_2580.jpg

And Ron, as usual, thanks for the wonderful pics !

• Addicted to Disney

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    I am reading a few D23 Twitter posts about Club 33 membership expanding and the CCC at DCA. Have not seen any actual quotes of what was said though.

The official Disney blog did have a story about Club 33 just a few days ago which is being counted as a clue.
    At D23 they said that since the waiting list was so long for Club 33, they would be expanding the club experience. They included examples of being able to "dine in the Haunted Mansion with an Imagineer" or being able to watch "America the Beautiful in Circarama". They said they would give more details in 2012.

• Carbon based

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    Blue wrappings have been added to the columns:
    Talking with the imagineer in charge of BVS at the Carrousel of Project pavilion, he mentioned that they got authorization for the reroute a little while ago but it got delayed because they wanted to 'plus the temporary entrance' and also because all the building/demolition/event in the park/etc is scheduled like clockwork (a big nightmare with very little margin from what I could understand). However, in effect, they are building a 'mini street', so they were redoing pavement, adding some decoration/light/music, theme border, railing, etc.

It's nothing super great because it is not permanent of course but I find interesting that considering all the walls they're just sprouting everywhere and considering that this will be temporary and unused (in that form) afterwards, it is good that they're willing to spend money on this. I think it does show some renewed interest into having a 'good show' as many have said here

On a sadder note, as far as I'm concerned, those wonderful large planters located on either side of the entrance and that are shown on the model of BVS in the pavillion are not happening. They will be planters extending outside and the landscaping will for sure be lush but those enveloping little grass/flower/tree mounds have been nixed.

Last tidbit: expect some work on the east esplanade (towards where the buses to Toy Story parking lot are located) in terms of landscaping and flow control in general. Apparently, the big (and ugly imho) bus/shuttle/taxi terminal that was built there (and I can't really recall designed by whom but it was another high end designer favored by Eisner) is supposed to be majorly transformed. However, this is NOT Downtown Disney East. Not yet anyway, no approved plan there for now. Take it for what it is (another imprecise rumor but straight from the show this time )

---------- Post added 08-20-2011 at 10:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyManiac View Post
    At D23 they said that since the waiting list was so long for Club 33, they would be expanding the club experience. They included examples of being able to "dine in the Haunted Mansion with an Imagineer" or being able to watch "America the Beautiful in Circarama". They said they would give more details in 2012.
    Didn't they demolish the Circle vision theater and it is part of the Buzz Lightyear building now? Wasn't it used for the Rocket Rods queue in fact (it was the room with all the little clips on transportation with the double spiral queue in it)...

Wonder what that means re Circarama...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    Still not sure what's happening back here. It looks like the foundation of a small building, which probably has to do with Luigi's vehicles since there is a gate right across from it. Plus, there are now what looks like forms for another road intersecting that road that runs by FFF, but the road seems to dead end on the back of Luigi's:
    I think the "other road" you are talking about is simply the short exit path from Luigi's.

And I also don't see the foundation of a building. Do you mean the rectangular concrete just east of the exit path? It already has backstage wall posts right in the middle of it, so it can't be a building. No idea what it could be for, but once the wall is up, it might make more sense.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyManiac View Post
    No body I was following for live updates mentioned that those parts had anything to do with Club 33. All they mentioned with Club 33 was CCT.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Established 2005

Quote Originally Posted by TreoFred View Post
    On a sadder note, as far as I'm concerned, those wonderful large planters located on either side of the entrance and that are shown on the model of BVS in the pavillion are not happening. They will be planters extending outside and the landscaping will for sure be lush but those enveloping little grass/flower/tree mounds have been nixed.
    This is indeed sad. Those beautiful planters on the sides were my favorite part of the new entrance design.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I did enjoy being able to see one of the Radiator Spring Racers ride vehicles up close at the D23 Expo. What was also nice was that they had it on a raised section of track, so you could see underneath the vehicle. I took a few pictures for those mechanical engineering types here. I only had my point and shoot camera with me yesterday.

Last edited by OC2Epcot; 08-20-2011 at 11:34 AM.

• Addicted to Disney

Quote Originally Posted by TreoFred View Post

---------- Post added 08-20-2011 at 10:56 AM ----------

Didn't they demolish the Circle vision theater and it is part of the Buzz Lightyear building now? Wasn't it used for the Rocket Rods queue in fact (it was the room with all the little clips on transportation with the double spiral queue in it)...

Wonder what that means re Circarama...
    Yeah they did demolish the Circarama and it was used for Rocket Rods, but they did say that but didn't give very many details.

---------- Post added 08-20-2011 at 12:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    No body I was following for live updates mentioned that those parts had anything to do with Club 33. All they mentioned with Club 33 was CCT.
    Maybe I am getting things jumbled haha but I guess we will see once somebody posts vids from the Parks and Resorts presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    I did enjoy being able to see one of the Radiator Spring Racers ride vehicles up close at the D23 Expo. What was also nice was that they had it on a raised section of track, so you could see underneath the vehicle. I took a few pictures for those mechanical engineering types here. I only had my point and shoot camera
    Thank you! It all makes sense now how the cars work.