Page 14 of 668 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617243964114514 ... LastLast

• IPAC

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Word is that there are more announcements coming in the near future.
    And what is the near future D23? This year? Next month? 3 months?

• Future Imagineer! =D

Preview of Radiator Springs Racers ride coming in 2012 to Disney California Adventure - Travel - LATimes.com

Some info on Radiator Springs Racers(: Someone probably posted something similiar already, but I googled it and found this. It's broke down by ride portions and so easy to understand. It sounds like a blast!!! I'm curious as to how they dark ride portion will turn out

---------- Post added 08-20-2011 at 02:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    I did enjoy being able to see one of the Radiator Spring Racers ride vehicles up close at the D23 Expo. What was also nice was that they had it on a raised section of track, so you could see underneath the vehicle. I took a few pictures for those mechanical engineering types here. I only had my point and shoot camera with me yesterday.
    Those are really neat pictures!! The wheels are very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

The sleek red sports car, with anthropomorphic headlight eyes and smiling bumper, looked like one of the animated characters from the Pixar movie “Cars.”
    lol

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Quote Originally Posted by TreoFred View Post
    On a sadder note, as far as I'm concerned, those wonderful large planters located on either side of the entrance and that are shown on the model of BVS in the pavillion are not happening. They will be planters extending outside and the landscaping will for sure be lush but those enveloping little grass/flower/tree mounds have been nixed.
    Awwww I really liked those in the concept art.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Become part of MY world!

I liked those planters too, I liked how they enclosed the entrance, oh well. BVS panel is going on right now, go on twitter to see people posting up to date pics of what they're showing, the art looks AMAZING! This area will be gorgeous when done!

---------- Post added 08-20-2011 at 03:49 PM ----------

FINALLY official confirmation of Walt statue from Disney, will be in the corner of the gardens area in front of Elias and Co New Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse Statue for Disney California Adventure Park Unveiled at D23 Expo « Disney Parks Blog
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Disney Fanatic

Angry Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Photos from parks and resort presentation showing RSR queue line featuring Stanley's Buildings:

Disneygeek's D23 Pictures - Friday, August 19, 2011

Name:  IMG_8775.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  22.6 KB

Name:  IMG_8779.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  34.3 KB

Photos from Disneygeek
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• Carbon based

Yes, there WILL be a new partners statue by the Carthay Hub in DCA :

Full article in the park blog:
    New Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse Statue for Disney California Adventure Park Unveiled at D23 Expo « Disney Parks Blog

wow, I sure hope they sell merchandise with that statue on it or even better, make big figs of it.

Is the same guy that did the Partners statue doing this statue?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Become part of MY world!

Idk who did the first one but

Blaine Gibson's protégé of 30 years is working on new Walt and Mickey statue

from MasterGracey

Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Parmageddon Jim

I'm pretty sure Blaine did the first one.

Circle of life, and all that.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• Carbon based

Yes, Blaine Gibson did the original Partner Statue too.

In another news, if you want to listen (you can't see much) on the ENTIRE Buena Vista Street panel at D23, it's on UStream, right here

• Olé! Olé! It's Showtime!

Quote Originally Posted by TreoFred View Post
    Talking with the imagineer in charge of BVS at the Carrousel of Project pavilion, he mentioned that they got authorization for the reroute a little while ago but it got delayed because they wanted to 'plus the temporary entrance' and also because all the building/demolition/event in the park/etc is scheduled like clockwork (a big nightmare with very little margin from what I could understand). However, in effect, they are building a 'mini street', so they were redoing pavement, adding some decoration/light/music, theme border, railing, etc.
    It may be "temporary" but it will be used for almost an entire year - so good on them for plussing it up.
    MiceChat from Main Street.
    MiceChat goes mobile with the Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, plan your next move with Addictometer wait times and crowd level mapping, see showtimes and set reminders for dining, shows and FastPass, and find anything in the resort — from attractions to sidewalk carts.

Learn more and download free at mouseaddict.com.

• Lion

I want to mention that the piece of display track under the RSR vehicle at D23 is not like a true section of track. I'll post later tonight a rough illustration of a cross section of the track and how it interacts with the car.

• Honeymooned @ DL in 1974

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I want to mention that the piece of display track under the RSR vehicle at D23 is not like a true section of track. I'll post later tonight a rough illustration of a cross section of the track and how it interacts with the car.
    Thanks simba!

I was thinking the track under the RSR car at D23 was not an exact replica of the actual track. I thought guide wheels for the for cars under the track would be in contact with tubular rails.

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I suspected that. It just didn't look right; the wheels didn't line up. And of course, why manufacture another fifteen feet of valuable ride track when the thing's not going anywhere?

About that BVS statue: Doesn't Walt look a little old? He seems more like a fifty year old man than a guy in his mid twenties.