Page 168 of 668 FirstFirst ... 68118143158165166167168169170171178193218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 10011

• All-American

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

I once PM'ed a Disney CM who is not with us anymore about the different parade buildings, and they had the following to say:

The building behind the Carsland rockwork(with the wavy design) is currently empty. The only thing it's used for right now is the control room for WoC and storage. It used to house DEP, but since it's no longer with us, it's empty. The other parade building behind screamin, is still in use for PPP's floats and smallers floats for the Halloween party and stuff.
    Al Lutz has made it sound like the Paradise Pier building's days are numbered, because its site is currently being eyed by WDI as a spot for a future attraction. Does anyone new if there's a spot where a new parade building could be built, if Disney ever wanted to take down one of the existing ones?

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    This is a nice example but it is apple and oranges compared to the parade building.

For one thing, its not close to scale the same way the buildings clearly are here. It looks very much out of alignment with what the theme is suppose to be capturing. Whats the point of a sea cliff theme if 70% of it is covered by a non-descript building?

And secondly the fact its JUST a parade building doesnt do it any justice. And of course we all know that here because we come to boards like this. But for most out there, its just a big ugly square box sticking out. Maybe it they can theme the building to something thats at least trying, but not sure what it could be.

That said, I clearly understand why its there. I'm not suggesting it be taken down, especially with its huge role for WOC. But if you are going to make this area fit in with PP, then do it right!

I guess we'll see what they do. But if it doesnt change, then maybe they shouldve made an extra big wall to block out that total side and created a nice mural or something on it!
    I think the easiest thing to do is to theme the highest portion of the building as part of the rock work the a few feet in front of the facade theme the bottom portions of the building to look like several Victorian facades.

Another unrelated place that should be changed is the wooden wall along the bridge. I really think they should remove the portion closest to the Screaming launch. Thre is a large landscaped area right next to the split track and the platform. A few more trees and plants instead of the bland sandy look would add a much more lush feel. The back concrete wall behind the platform that hides the backstage area should then be themed.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think the easiest thing to do is to theme the highest portion of the building as part of the rock work the a few feet in front of the facade theme the bottom portions of the building to look like several Victorian facades.

Another unrelated place that should be changed is the wooden wall along the bridge. I really think they should remove the portion closest to the Screaming launch. Thre is a large landscaped area right next to the split track and the platform. A few more trees and plants instead of the bland sandy look would add a much more lush feel. The back concrete wall behind the platform that hides the backstage area should then be themed.
    The concrete wall behind the Screamin platform is hideous. It actually bothers me alot more than the parade building. I wish they do something with it.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

^^ Agreed!
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by jalex59 View Post
    This hasn't been mentioned and I was just wondering what others thought. It seems as if they are saving this roof piece with "California" on it to be used in BVS. It never disappeared with all the demolition. Is it being saved? How will it fit in? I found one pic of the model of the area, but I don't know how current or accurate it is. Kinda cool that a bit of the original Sunshine Plaza will live on...? Attachment 15417Attachment 15419
    Yeah i noticed this at d23 when i saw the model It's almost as if they're just pasting a facade onto some of the original building. Strange that they might be keeping it, since we probably won't get a clear view of it once it's done. Correct me if I'm wrong.

---------- Post added 11-07-2011 at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Al Lutz has made it sound like the Paradise Pier building's days are numbered, because its site is currently being eyed by WDI as a spot for a future attraction. Does anyone new if there's a spot where a new parade building could be built, if Disney ever wanted to take down one of the existing ones?
    This was my feeling exactly. It just looks awkward there by itself. I'm REALLY excited for carsland to finish, but i'm also looking forward to the snowball effect of it's theming once complete. The transitions into paradise pier and into the east side of the park...one of the strongest attractions is the TOT, but the theming around it is weak. This area could really use some re-imagining in the next 5 years.
    Last edited by Pezlort; 11-07-2011 at 08:09 AM.
    Oh...I'm afraid the deflector shield...will be quite operational...when your friends arrive.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    I once PM'ed a Disney CM who is not with us anymore about the different parade buildings, and they had the following to say:

Im surprised they did not put a WOC control room on the upper floors of the Mermaid bldg. Seems like a better spot for it.

---------- Post added 11-07-2011 at 08:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pezlort View Post
    Yeah i noticed this at d23 when i saw the model It's almost as if they're just pasting a facade onto some of the original building. Strange that they might be keeping it, since we probably won't get a clear view of it once it's done. Correct me if I'm wrong.

---------- Post added 11-07-2011 at 10:02 AM ----------

This was my feeling exactly. It just looks awkward there by itself. I'm REALLY excited for carsland to finish, but i'm also looking forward to the snowball effect of it's theming once complete. The transitions into paradise pier and into the east side of the park...one of the strongest attractions is the TOT, but the theming around it is weak. This area could really use some re-imagining in the next 5 years.
    I think the overhead wires for the Redcar and the Redcar Trolley itself will really add alot of atmosphere to the area in front of TOT.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Yes it does. WoC has 2 control rooms: one under the bridge and the other in the parade building. Both have different responsibilities, so I'm not exactly sure exactly what each one does, but both are necessary for running WoC.
    I believe that the control room under the bridge is there to watch for problem and can do an emergency shut down if something goes wrong. The main control room in the parade building only have video cameras and can not see that much detail.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I thought I remembered talk about a control room for World of Color being put in The Little Mermaid building when it was being built.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    The main control room in the parade building only have video cameras and can not see that much detail.
    Ummm...you would be surprised at what they can see with those cameras and the large screen monitors in the WoC control room.....a lot more zoom than your eyeball.

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    I thought I remembered talk about a control room for World of Color being put in The Little Mermaid building when it was being built.
    I don't see how thats possible when the Mermaid building was still pretty much a skeleton around the time World of Color opened
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    Im surprised they did not put a WOC control room on the upper floors of the Mermaid bldg. Seems like a better spot for it.
    For the same reasoning there isn't any VIP Viewing up there, there are trees in the way. As well, Mermaid wasn't done before WOC opened. And lastly, even if it was a possibility, they wouldn't do it cause then the would have wasted money on the one under the bridge and would now have 3 control booths for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey11 View Post
    For the same reasoning there isn't any VIP Viewing up there, there are trees in the way. As well, Mermaid wasn't done before WOC opened. And lastly, even if it was a possibility, they wouldn't do it cause then the would have wasted money on the one under the bridge and would now have 3 control booths for the show.
    Remember we're talking about the remote control room. Currently it is inside a building with no windows, behind the boardwalk.

Technically it doesn't have to be anywhere near the lagoon, with the video screens.

• Toad Hall

Does anybody else think that the area in the middle of the final screamin turns, where they take your picture, needs some more trees or something else. Rather than having all that sand and some little brush here and there. What do you think they need to fix that area inside
    <font size=4> </font>

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    Remember we're talking about the remote control room. Currently it is inside a building with no windows, behind the boardwalk.

Technically it doesn't have to be anywhere near the lagoon, with the video screens.
    Even if you're talking about the Main one in the Parade building, two of the three reasons are still valid. There isn't any reason to build a third when you have two and mermaid was still being built.
    Last edited by mickey11; 11-07-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    Does anybody else think that the area in the middle of the final screamin turns, where they take your picture, needs some more trees or something else. Rather than having all that sand and some little brush here and there. What do you think they need to fix that area inside
    I would love to see designed to be an area that is sort of rocky with tidal pools and then have some rock work that visually connects it to the new back of CARS Land. Sort of giving the look that it was built in an area where there was space, but they kept the landscape the same as it was.