Soarin' Over the World seems like a no-brainer, but I'm kind of torn on whether I want it to happen or not. Obviously, it could be a huge improvement. I guess I am just afraid that I am going to miss the original. I remember going on the ride a few months after the park opened, and it was an instant favorite of mine. To say the least, I’d be very sad to see it changed. Anyone else feel this way?
i do love the music..
Out of morbid curiosity, is there a reason we switched from Roman to Arabic numbering on the thread titles?
I would absolutely miss the current version of Soarin', but if done just as well, it could be good. It might make more sense in the rumored new theme as well. My biggest concern is replicating the quality of music. Jerry Goldsmith is one of the greatest composers. I guess his son could do it. It's the music, for me, that makes that attraction so spectacular.
Spectacular is a great word choice to describe the music. It really is a big part of the overall experience. I have to admit that the thought of new music didn't even cross my mind until you mentioned it, and am now even more concerned. I suppose they could just reuse the current music, but it would be difficult as I'm sure it is tailored to each scene.
In regards to it possibly fitting in more with the new theme, I still feel like the original theme is more than valid. The park is still California Adventure after all. With so much of the original California theming being changed/replaced, I feel like it would be nice to keep Soarin' as is. It really seems to be a fan favorite as well. I'm sure it's not just the two of us who would miss it.
Hey all, it's been a while since I've posted but the ratatouille debate had me wondering (also I couldnt pass up a chance to make my mark on this sparkly new tracker) if in fact we do get a Pixar dark ride then there is no chance for it to be incredibles. That leaves ratatouille which thematically (the themes of the movie people not the setting) fits the feeling that paradise pier is trying to accomplish. However I also think that it would be mighty difficult for wdi to pass up a cloning opportunity with what's going in Paris. That specific ride, or what has been
revealed to us, seems to not fit within the pier. How do you all think that ratatouille could
successfully be incorporated into the pier without too many groans?
I think Soarin should have like 4 - 5 different films..eqch film would take u to a different location in CA. One film might take u to yosemite..another to San Fran etc. So each time you ride it its a different. Similar to Star Tours.
I'd be up for an upgrade of Soarin' 1.0. Update the shot of Downtown LA, it's changed so much since 1999/2000 when they filmed it. And of course give it some good transitions. But you are right, it's the music that helped make it a home run. And maybe instead of that fly over of Disneyland, I think DCA finally deserves a fly over. Maybe over both parks, and not at Xmas time please. That makes no sense 11 months out of the year.
How about to the left- Ca Soarin 2.0, and on the right- Soarin Over the World?
Yay new tracker
It is finally time for Buena Vista Street construction to kick into high gear now once the end of August hits
A day, a new dawn, a new tracker. Let us go forth into the future!
Al wrote:What do you folks hope will happen with “Project Sparkle”?Quote:
...The planners are also currently compiling a list of DCA facilities and attractions that need cosmetic refurbishment this winter, in a park-wide plan called “Project Sparkle”
Some of mine...
- Do something in the waiting area for Turtle Talk with Crush if it's going to be around for another couple years. Just some art on the wall or a TV with loops of clips from the movie would be a big help. Some benches for folks to sit on (vs. the floor) would be helpful too.
- The Muppet's have a movie coming out, give them some love and fast. Maybe have the pre-show altered to included some of the new characters from the movie.
- Work to attract folks to the left side of the Hollywood Backlot (Muppets, Monsters Inc.) that suffers some from the 'Right Handed' syndrome in the same way that Fantasyland does. Not sure if it's fixable, but worth getting trying.
- Change the music on Grizzly River Rapids to period specific.
- Bring out Carl and Kevin at the Challenge Trail
- List the times the bands play at Paradise Gardens
- Meet and Greet with Mickey and the gang on the stage in Paradise Park so you can get a photo with the Fun Wheel in the back.
- New billboard art on the path leading from where you meet Mickey/Duffy to Screaming.
- Add some signage/props/plants to the path by the smoking area/Maliboomer graveyard.