Page 201 of 668 FirstFirst ... 101151176191198199200201202203204211226251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 10011

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

I agree with Swampy....100 degrees is hot with and without a breeze. I can't say that Anaheim is well known for it's cool summer breezes so in my opinion it's a non-issue. Heck in reality CL should have shade long before other parts of the park due to the Mountains wrapping from the south to the west.

I just saw a photo that in 2007 Roz in the Monsters Inc Ride had a Santa Hat on, do they still do that? Any small holiday touches they have added this year?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    I just saw a photo that in 2007 Roz in the Monsters Inc Ride had a Santa Hat on, do they still do that? Any small holiday touches they have added this year?
    I think I've seen it after 2007, but I haven't been on it this year. I'd think they still do but I'm sure there's someone who's already seen it and can confirm.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by insider67 View Post
    It's too bad everyone is so concerned with the CL rockwork from where your current view is from. Just wait until you get into CL, you will finally see and feel what the Imagineers are going for. It is awesome in daylight but at night it is awe inspiring. The feeling of its massive size it not really felt until you are in CL. Even as I walk through the town in its current stage of construction I am really getting the feeling that I am in Radiator Springs(yes,even without the neon ) and not Anaheim. Trust me on this one, you will be blown away once you get into town, they got it right this time.
    Everyone needs to read that post again. It's totally accurate.

Some of us Disneylanders went for a little midnight stroll the other night. It's amazing where a few CM's can go at Midnight on Thanksgiving weekend when you've borrowed safety vests and hardhats and absolutely no one else is working the third shift. Not to give too much away, but walking through Cars Land and Radiator Springs is jaw-droppingly amazing. There's no environment in any Southern California theme park that is even close to its giant scale and awesomeness.

No one will be arguing about the proper time to install neon after they've walked through Cars Land.

• Dream in wonderful color!

^ it's posts like those that make it so much harder to wait until summer 2012!

Here's a look at Mater's jukebox, as seen in today's Dateline Disneyland update:

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

I noticed something in today's Dateline photos of Carsland. The area where they have been digging near the Flicks back gate now has a bunch of trees placed in front of the gate. They may be just there temporarily, but it seems odd to move a bunch of trees into the same spot where you are digging out for a path and installing some gates.

• Use your imagination...

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Just rode the ride last night...Roz still has the Santa hat. Other than that there was nothing different for the holidays.

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by DL2006 View Post
    Just rode the ride last night...Roz still has the Santa hat. Other than that there was nothing different for the holidays.
    Now there's a nice holiday touch I never noticed before. I'll have to check it out next time I ride Monsters, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    No one will be arguing about the proper time to install neon after they've walked through Cars Land.
    They obviously go too far sometimes, but I feel it necessary to defend the "color of beam" and "proper time to install neon" debates as showing an interest in the details, while still realizing they are small in the grand scheme of things. We don't all have the ability to walk the site, so we latch on to the small things that we *can* view.

It's great news to hear from you and insider67 about how amazing being in Cars Land is going to be, but there are many on these boards and in the Disneyland fan base generally that love the details of theming and the details of construction. All one has to do is look back a few years at the amazing detail shots from Macro and the interest that generated. Now, we can sit back and revel in WoC, but it was still fun to know the exact model number of the bolts holding down that particular fountain jet and to learn about why that hose was installed before that other light fixture.

It does go too far though, sometimes...

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    <snip>...... but it was still fun to know the exact model number of the bolts holding down that particular fountain jet and to learn about why that hose was installed before that other light fixture.

That, IMO, goes too far.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by DL2006 View Post
    Thanks. That's a nice touch.

It's really going to be fun to see DCA at this time next year as it jumps into the holidays head first. Or at least I am assuming so.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

If Carsland is taking place in between the first and second movie. Why aren't the building Lightning McQueen's racing Headquarters? Or at least a small exhibit for him.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    If Carsland is taking place in between the first and second movie. Why aren't the building Lightning McQueen's racing Headquarters? Or at least a small exhibit for him.
    I've wondered this too. I wonder if ideas for this came up for near the drive up dining, and it was all cut from what would be built. Obviously, RS only has what was in RS, the racing team would have to be on the edge of town. RSR has the old buildings that Stanley built going in there maybe the race team facilities could of been in there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Understatement of the day - haha. I hopped on to see 4 new pages on the tracker...and I naively thought it'd be a tracking update. The problem I have with the constant discussion is that it seems there's no common sense driving the narrative. When you're building a house, would you rush to get the electrical in just to install the light bulbs? It's a ridiculous question, but that's simply how ridiculous the argument is. I can understand early construction and framing discussions (because only a few people here are able to decode whats going on)...but we've all been introduced to a light bulb...and it's fragile nature.

Instead of arguments based on a rational problem, this thread attracts stuff like "metal flags vs. silk flags" or "the atrocity of a design-oversight canopy fix" or "too-busy parade street poles" and now "the proper time to install custom neon". They're humorous to a point...but quickly devolve into a page or so of spam - especially when the original poster can so easily get everyone riled up by changing his/her tone.

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    The Imagineers at the Carsland presentation at D23 said that the said takes place after the second movie. Only RSR is taking place between the movies.