Page 231 of 668 FirstFirst ... 131181206221228229230231232233234241256281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 10011

• Dream in wonderful color!

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Man, I guess I expect something different from Disney than alot of you do. Maybe its because I have to travel so far and spend so much money to make a visit happen. This ride looks pathetic and boring to me in terms of what I go to Disney for.
    The Gattitown pizza place has a smaller indoor version of the Luigis ride and I dont even ride it there. Gosh I wish they would have done better than this.
    Except Luigi's is NOTHING like this. With these cheap bumper cars, you're on a vehicle that rolls over a hard surface with electrical contacts and can bump into each other, but with Luigi's - you're floating mid-air. This means that you can bend to turn, and you're controlling air-flow to turn - so it should be a much better experience than just pulling levers to turn a car. Can't wait!
    -Monorail Man

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Are the Elephants scheduled to be taken down?
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Become part of MY world!

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Monkey View Post
    It's interesting that they have to wait for the remodel to be done to post a wait board. What's the benefit of that?
    Because there's not really much of an attraction count yet to merit a wait time board, I think once Carsland opens, there will be enough attractions to fill a board without empty slots.

---------- Post added 12-29-2011 at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    Are the Elephants scheduled to be taken down?
    I really hope so, theres some concept art of whats to replace it here on the bottom piece

But with the side of the Carthay being unveiled with new walk ways/queue and some planters around the south elephant(I think the planters are new but I'm not sure) it looks like they might be staying for a while.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Monkey View Post
    Also, for some reason I thought that the Carthay would be longer on both ends. It's still pretty, but looks sort of abbreviated lol.
    You want an abbreviated version of the Carthay Circle Theater? Head to WDW and Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Name:  replica_carthay.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  53.4 KB

Fountain Valley, California, United States

Name:  i-g6qcbxR-M.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  74.1 KB
    I love how this picture looks, with Cadillac Range to the left, Carthay front and center, Grizzly and MFW on the right. Shows how different this park is.

Now if only they would get Anaheim to take down the ugly structure that looms over the convention center building along with the ugly convention hotel. It would make the views from the monorail to DCA incredible.

And

If they are able to have that ugly promotional float in the middle of the esplanade and still have no guest flow problems then a nice large oval fountain should work. the area would look so much better with a nice fountain and planters lined up so that it created a natural queue for both park entrance? The planters could be placed around the light poles and maybe a tree or two between poles in the same direction that the shadows show in that picture
    Last edited by Baloo; 12-30-2011 at 12:09 AM.

Looking at Mint's update I am impressed with how quickly everything is taking shape in BVS as well as Carsland.

• Senior Minion

BVS really is going to make such a huge difference to the whole experience of visiting DCA. That first land really sets the stage for the rest of the park, and I really think that BVS will completely change the way the entire park feels once it's done. My only complaint is that the more impressive CL and BVS become, the more it makes me want to see Hollywood Land and the final pieces of PP addressed as soon as possible.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by xsdesign View Post
    Name:  i-g6qcbxR-M.jpg
Views: 1019
Size:  74.1 KB
    I love how this picture looks, with Cadillac Range to the left, Carthay front and center, Grizzly and MFW on the right. Shows how different this park is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    BVS really is going to make such a huge difference to the whole experience of visiting DCA. That first land really sets the stage for the rest of the park, and I really think that BVS will completely change the way the entire park feels once it's done. My only complaint is that the more impressive CL and BVS become, the more it makes me want to see Hollywood Land and the final pieces of PP addressed as soon as possible.
    It is unfortunate that Stage 15(?) and the Soarin' Building make for the bigger eyesores in that picture so I do hope that Phase 2 gets a jump on once crowds get steady with Phase 1.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

One year ago... Magic Eye: I Can Hardly Wait for School to Start Again

Can BVS move fast enough to make a June opening?

Fountain Valley, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    One year ago... Magic Eye: I Can Hardly Wait for School to Start Again

Can BVS move fast enough to make a June opening?
    They're moving really quick so far. Hopefully if the weather stays nice and not too much rain we should be good. Look how fast Carthay went up. And I have a feeling that since exterior work is starting to wind down at Cars Land, workers will be moved over towards BVS to get it done

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    wow, no one likes The Little Mermaid. I mean Toy Story/CA Screamin has more than an hour wait right after opening vs. no one bothers to ride Mermaid, that area is a ghost town.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    wow, no one likes The Little Mermaid. I mean Toy Story/CA Screamin has more than an hour wait right after opening vs. no one bothers to ride Mermaid, that area is a ghost town.
    The Little Mermaid is a huge hit. There is no line because the ride system is such a massive people eater. In fact, throughout the summer and even on most days now, TLM is getting more riders per day than Star Tours. But the line is nonexistent because the omnimover ride system is effective.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    You can't really compare how slow TSMM's line is compared to TLM's line.
    But it does seem like not many know about the Mermaid ride. If you don't get a park map, you wouldn't know they opened the new ride.