Page 241 of 668 FirstFirst ... 141191216231238239240241242243244251266291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 10011

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Kinda tracker related...just wow! I know k_peek-2000 mentioned this is Jolly Holiday Bakery photo thread but after seeing the beautifully done interior at the new bakery and then thinking back to how well done the interior is at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta is in DCA, heck even the interior improvements at the Disney Clothier and Emporium shops,I immediately got really excited for how the BVS interiors are going to come together. I know we've seen some hints at interiors in concept art, design samples (tile, material, layout, etc... this is in the glass case in BSC), and in discussion but I still feel we're all going to be pretty blown away at how well these interiors are going to materialize in BVS. Such a great era, time, and place to work with.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    ...I still feel we're all going to be pretty blown away at how well these interiors are going to materialize in BVS. Such a great era, time, and place to work with.
    This.

Plus, I don't think it's an era/theme that Disney has ever really done in a theme park before. DHS kind of did it in their entry street, but it was not as fully fleshed out nor as large-scale as BVS, and the DHS version jumps around through several decades. BVS takes the theme from forced perspective pretend LA in DHS to real-scale recreated LA, and specifically of the late 1920's.

This is going to be really cool, I can just tell.

I'm sick in bed all day and excited for Mint's update! Bring it on!!

Sad Carsland testing problems

"
    Up until quite recently, the testing of the attractions had not been going very well, with cars crawling around the track and not being able to even get one of the attractions powered up. Granted, this may not be the ideal situation, but that is what the attractions testing process is for, and it is normal for there to be set backs (and in some cases, even fires) before the attraction opens to the public. To this day, no one has been approved to ride Radiator Springs Racers since it is still going through safety testing."

source Mouse Info:
    MouseInfo.com - Magic Off the Record- What's New at DCA?
    Last edited by dland_lover; 01-06-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Link to non-partner site with forums removed, per MiceChat policy.

Entrance to Carsland today, Jan 5th.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: Carsland testing problems

Quote Originally Posted by oar View Post
    "
    Up until quite recently, the testing of the attractions had not been going very well, with cars crawling around the track and not being able to even get one of the attractions powered up. Granted, this may not be the ideal situation, but that is what the attractions testing process is for, and it is normal for there to be set backs (and in some cases, even fires) before the attraction opens to the public. To this day, no one has been approved to ride Radiator Springs Racers since it is still going through safety testing."

source Mouse Info:
    mouseinfo.com/forums/content/635-magic-off-record-what-s-new-dca.html
    Well this is why they allocate so much time to ride testing. There will always be set backs and stuff. All will work out in the end.

Thank you for sharing this article. It's very informative and further strengthens some rumors presented here by Lutz.

Cars Land
    Of course, the major aspects of Cars Land are the three new attractions: Radiator Springs Racers, Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, and Luigi’s Flying Tires. Radiator Springs Racers is a VERY ambitious project that will require its Cast Members to go through 8 full days of training (by comparison, most other Attractions require at most 5 days, with a majority taking only 3). The control panel for the attraction is the largest in the Resort and offers the Cast Members complete control of every aspect of the attraction.

Up until quite recently, the testing of the attractions had not been going very well, with cars crawling around the track and not being able to even get one of the attractions powered up. Granted, this may not be the ideal situation, but that is what the attractions testing process is for, and it is normal for there to be set backs (and in some cases, even fires) before the attraction opens to the public. To this day, no one has been approved to ride Radiator Springs Racers since it is still going through safety testing.

That said, the Land is shaping up VERY nicely and is almost completed, with just minor work and finishing touches being placed on most of the structures. The neon is breathtaking, and the mountains of Radiator Springs are overwhelmingly large. This addition to California Adventure is sure to live up to even the highest of expectations.
    Paradise Pier
    I don’t really follow the Disney Online Community, so I am not sure if it has been announced yet anywhere official or unofficial, but Sideshow Shirts will be closing to finish the refurbishment of the Boardwalk area sometime in the next couple days. The façade will match that of the Boardwalk Games, however I am not sure as of yet if the interior will be changed much (if at all). While there is still alittle bit of work needed to enhance the Pier beyond it, it will finally give it the cohesive look the Imagineers were looking for.

Beyond that, both Grizzly River Run and the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail will be recieveing their MUCH needed refurbishments (Redwood Creek has had a broken stair for at least six months, and much of its fencing is being held together by, I kid you not, duck tape, and Grizzly River Run had an unexpected downtime earlier in the year when large amounts of rain caused a pump room to flood and clog with pine needles).

They will both be down for a couple weeks, as well as the a refurbishment on the parade route in front of the Little Mermaid, causing some MASSIVE changes to the World of Color Fastpass system (the Red Section is temporarily being retired, leaving just the Blue and Yellow section, with the Yellow section queuing for the second show near the Jumpin Jellyfish).

Speaking of the Little Mermaid, that attraction will also be going down for a short, two-day refurbishment towards the end of the month to replace some cracked tile in the rotunda, some stress fractures in the tiles in the station, and also to re place some of the Animatronic elements (during the testing process, a few pieces were damaged, so the Imagineers borrowed some elements from the identical ones they made for Disney World’s version of the attraction.

A lot of the numerous downtimes of the attractions were due to a hydraulic leak in Ariel in the “Under the Sea” scene. They have determined the cause of this leak is due to her being extremely top-heavy, so her hair is being reworked so it weighs less, hopefully causing less problems.
    Buena Vista Street
    You know that Buena Vista Street HAS to be something special, since it is the first thing that Guests are going to see as they enter the park. As such, this area is another one that is shaping up quite nicely, and the crown jewel of Buena Vista Street happens to be the Carthay Circle Theater.

While it was originally planned to be an actual theater, it has since been converted into a restaurant, and for good reasons. Disneyland Resort as a whole has been severely lacking when it come to Table Service Restaurants, which, at least in this writer’s opinion, is a HUGE mistake when a majority of the Guests are Annual Passholders who often have the time to sit down and enjoy a great meal.

Besides that, Mary Niven, the Vice President of California Adventure was, before a large shake-up in Team Disney Anaheim a few years back, the Vice President of Food and Beverage. As such, a large focus of hers was to rethink the food being served in the park, as many of the guest complaints were about unoriginality in the park’s food choices.
    [mouseinfo.com/forums/content/635-magic-off-record-what-s-new-dca.htm
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 01-07-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Links to non partner site removed per board policy

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    Entrance to Carsland today, Jan 5th.
    This just got me really excited for Mint Crocodile's update. lol
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Disney Fanatic

Found on Twitter:

Tom Corless@WDWNTom
    Canopies are gone from the Shops of the boardwalk, looks like change is coming pic.twitter.com/bKfOZlV5

Name:  Aia4sMYCQAIiAkH.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  47.1 KB
    Looks like there will be changes happening here.

It would be great if they had facades that matched the boardwalk games. That is what they should of done since the beginning of this remodel. They should of been done at the same time. It is time to end the hodge podge of themes and make it consistent.
    Last edited by kibia16; 01-05-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Adding comments.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• Disneyland > Disney World

Mint's update is up!
    Marvel + Disney =

• Dream in wonderful color!

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Pilot EdForceOne

hrmm.. I question that mouseinfo stuff in some degree.

Disney has posted ride videos of both luigi's and mater... so we know those are running. And people have seen RSR running outdoors on the track at relatively high speeds. So we know all three attractions power up, and RSR is doing more then just 'crawling around'. I'm sure there are issues, but each has certainly gotten past the milestones listed in that article at least enough to be seen in testing multiple times.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    hrmm.. I question that mouseinfo stuff in some degree.

And people have seen RSR running outdoors on the track at relatively high speeds.
    I question it as well. Several sources have said the cars have been tested at high speed on the track and actually two side by side at high speed. This was many weeks ago. They may have deduced 'crawling around' from that one video (or was it several stills) from MFW a few weeks ago of a slow RSR on the track.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I'm guessing since Disney officially said the "pier enhancements were done" as of July 2011 that the facelift of the shops will be minor exterior changes (ala the Catch a Flave changes) to make the facades blend better with the other pier changes.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Does anyone know if they're ever going to do random drop sequences for Tower of Terror?
    If I had to guess I would say the spring of 2013. With all the new things in 2012 they will need something inexpensive for the following year.

• Ryan

I know this is kind of late but I watched this one almost hour long video I think where it said how Cars Land takes place after Cars 1, because at the end of the movie they assume more cars come to Radiator Springs, so they had to tidy things up, expand Flo's, etc. And about the time they were discussing this they were making cars 2, so they told the animators to make these reasonable changes to Radiator Springs. I could be wrong because I dont really remember the video. But yeah that sounds like the land is 1.5 to me.