Page 244 of 668 FirstFirst ... 144194219234241242243244245246247254269294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 10011

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    here's the photo tweeted by @imaginat1on
    Thanks for the link correction.

Further yayness

Boardwalk shops at DCA are being rethemed to match the time period of Paradise Pier. The clown is completely gone: Twitter / Disneyland Today: Boardwalk shops at DCA are ... -- DLtoday (@DLtoday)

Quote Originally Posted by cbconglom View Post
    Further yayness

Boardwalk shops at DCA are being rethemed to match the time period of Paradise Pier. The clown is completely gone: Twitter / Disneyland Today: Boardwalk shops at DCA are ... -- DLtoday (@DLtoday)

OH YAY! im glad they are finally addressing that boardwalk area!

• Done waiting!!

Seems like Project Sparkle is more like Phase 1.5
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

Glad to see that ugly crap coming down.........

wow sounds cool guess the Pier will be more consistent after all. They're really proving how serious they are about making this reboot a success.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Become part of MY world!

Yay, that clown was super creepy! I would love if they redid the stores nicely like in the concept art, but I'm still not expecting a huge transformation. Keep expectations low, or else everyone will bash it when it's not what was in the concept art.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by cbconglom View Post
    Further yayness

This... this is happening... wow.

I remember when I first visited the Disneyland Resort in 2002, after years of visiting WDW, and when DCA was still pretty new. Even at 12 years old I thought that the giant clown was one of the weirdest and most non-Disneyish things I'd ever seen in a Disney park (and I was completely unaware that there was ever any kind of controversy over DCA). 10 years later and I've still been in disbelief that it's survived for so long through the DCA makeover.

I can't believe they're finally taking it down!!

Now if they would just repaint or remove the giant bowling pin columns...

Wow. They really have the right people in management this time! I'm very grateful.

• Minion

This has just made my day

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post
    Seems like Project Sparkle is more like Phase 1.5
    No kidding!

Al Lutz had talked about Project Sparkle, and mentioned this rehab for the Boardwalk shops. But if that creepy clown has been removed and they are redoing the facades in that last strip of Paul Pressler's DCA, then Project Sparkle really does seem like a rather high-budget and strategically planned polish of DCA's last few weak links. Bravo to George K. and Mary Niven and WDI for addressing these last few glaring errors.

I wonder if they'll invite Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harriss to the Re-Dedication Ceremony and Grand Reopening this summer? It would be kind of funny to see the looks on their faces when they see what became of their park from 2001.

• Nutty about Disney parks

To be fair, the clown would've been more representive of the new 1920s pier theme (if you knew how tacky and such these piers were back in those days) but I am glad they are taking it down because it would've been too disturbing to see in a Disney park.

Probably one of the most annoying aspects of the original DCA was the constant puns throughout the park. The park in itself would be considered a complete pun. The new DCA will actually be about creativity and not about clever naming.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I'm so surprised to see this happening with the shops so quickly. I had given up hope to see too much done with these shops since even Disney had indicated the "pier redo was complete" as of July 2011. I wonder if someone higher up (maybe Tom Staggs on one of his many recent trips) thought these shops looked odd or stoood out with the new look of the pier and ok'ed a modest redo prior to the grand reopening of DCA?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    To be fair, the clown would've been more representive of the new 1920s pier theme (if you knew how tacky and such these piers were back in those days) but I am glad they are taking it down because it would've been too disturbing to see in a Disney park.
    This is something people overlook in their excitement. A clown in PP, a spark plug in Cars Land. These are representative of their respective eras, of business owners trying to entice customers to come in and shop.

I know DCA 1.0 was done on the cheap, but it's not exactly like WDI said, hey let's randomly put a clown here. So while the boardwalk could have been done much much better, the clown shouldn't be a scapegoat.

Personally, I don't visit the games or shops, I hardly even look that way, but I am glad they are giving the area a more cohesive theme - the old next to the new was an eyesore.