Page 281 of 668 FirstFirst ... 181231256271278279280281282283284291306331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 10011

• film975

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Wow. Seeing all the tractors moving out there looks great. Can't wait to see the Mater animatronic out there.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I think that area (the path from the wharf to Cars Land) will be helped by foliage and the somewhat tight path. There have always been awkward transitions at Disney parks... that's part of the fun, to me. You can't always have a smooth transition from very disparate thematic regions. Disneyland is rife with those thematically awkward transitions, but we're so used to them that we don't realize it any more.
    I agree about the transitions, they won't always be perfect. In fact I really like the way the mountain range frames the background of the Pacific Wharf.. I just wish something else could've been done instead of the backstage gates. It reminds me of the transition from Fantasyland to Frontierland at Disneyland, where you tunnel through the two walls.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I don't understand what the issue is here. The Penny Arcade on Main Street has a large penny in its facade and the old Sunkist House building has a rising sun relief on its facade. How is this any different?
    Good point. And besides, at least they didn't choose a ClarabelleCow-themed bas relief. The ice cream design works well and isn't too flashy.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by choco choco View Post
    Everybody keeps making comments like these. They reinstate what I was worried about with my original remark. Phase II is wishful thinking, fabricated entirely in the imaginations of people in the blog-o-sphere, that bears no reality on what is currently happening.

Let's be clear, a Phase II means there was always an intended second part of the current expansion/makeover. If you are saying that DCA will be getting new additions many, many years down the road, that is a given. A new addition many, many years away is not part of this expansion and does not constitute a "Phase" of this expansion. It will just be regular new park addition. We do not say the Indiana Jones Adventure is a "Phase V" expansion of Disneyland, it was just a new fresh product.

After careful research into this, I read it this way. Phase II are projects Imagineering hopes to get done with any of the $1.2 billion left over when all the current stuff being built is finished. This means there could be a Phase II or there could not be. And the extent of it depends on how much they are spending to get everything right now. Since nobody, not even NASA, blows through money like WDI, I'd like to see what people think the odds are.

Where are you getting this info? Is this real insider info or more wishful thinking?
    You should go back and read my post. They were questions, not facts. Those are some of the questions I come upon, but thanks for telling me what I already know.

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Wow. Seeing all the tractors moving out there looks great. Can't wait to see the Mater animatronic out there.
    is there still going to be a Mater animatronic for this?

I will agree, it all looks great I can't wait for this summer! all the details are really coming together
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I don't think there will be a Mater animatronic.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• the rum is always gone

From what I have read, there wont be a mater car in his junkyard. Instead he will be in RSR. One of the concepts for MJJ was for it to be a whip-it ride-through where you ride through his junkyard in one circuit (Casey Junior like) rather than going in in circles around the turntables (like it currently is/Francis's Boogie). The ride-through was supposed to have a Mater, but that version was scrapped and was replaced with what we have now.

Here is a picture inside the mystery tent.
    Name:  IMG_5761-1.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  37.0 KB

Looks like it could be for mixing stucco maybe?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by notlemc View Post
    From what I have read, there wont be a mater car in his junkyard. Instead he will be in RSR. One of the concepts for MJJ was for it to be a whip-it ride-through where you ride through his junkyard in one circuit (Casey Junior like) rather than going in in circles around the turntables (like it currently is/Francis's Boogie). The ride-through was supposed to have a Mater, but that version was scrapped and was replaced with what we have now.
    I don't think this is correct, I even recall WDI talking about the song Mater will sing while the tractors "dance". Do you have a source?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Addicted to MC since '08

• Senior Minion

Also, in regard to Phase 2, it's clearly more then just a creation of the blogospere. We know that WDI has an overall vision for the park that includes new thematic styles for Hollywoodland and Grizzly Peak. We know they didn't have the money to get that all done now. And we know that they've already started spending money on these areas already. All this strongly suggests that in the vision of WDI for the park is far from done and with each future project at DCA they will take the opportunity to complete aspects of phase 2, whether you call it that or not, until the entire park is completely transformed into its new vision.

Additionally, the bloggers who have written about this extensively, Al Lutz and Honer Hunter primarily, have over and over proven that they do know a tremendous amount of inside information about this project. To simply say that what they say about phase 2 is created in their imaginations is pretty rude in my opinion.
    Last edited by Uncle Bob; 01-29-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• the rum is always gone

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I don't think this is correct, I even recall WDI talking about the song Mater will sing while the tractors "dance". Do you have a source?
    There will be Mater singing, but it will be coming from his jukebox that is located outside of his garage. It has already been installed in the ride (via pics) and is literally, right outside the garage door of Mater's wooden garage.

Quote Originally Posted by notlemc View Post
    There will be Mater singing, but it will be coming from his jukebox that is located outside of his garage. It has already been installed in the ride (via pics) and is literally, right outside the garage door of Mater's wooden garage.
    This is more what I figured they'd cut it back to. Something pretty nice and memorable in a teacups way but not really over the top. Kinda too bad though, a Mater animatronic would really buff up the appeal of this attraction. Its unique but it isn't really the showstopper that the Racers are and I doubt it'll feel quite as one of a kind as the Flying Tires.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• A pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Plenty of photos in today's gallery at the Dateline Disneyland Smugmug:
    Just wanted to show this comparison.

April 2011 (Picture from 4-5-2011 Al Lutz report here)

January 2012 (Picture from 01-28-12 - Dateline Disneyland on Smugmug)

Man that looks great. What an awesome change.
    Disneyland will always be the best, because Walt walked there.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by captainZachsparrow View Post
    Just wanted to show this comparison.

April 2011 (Picture from 4-5-2011 Al Lutz report here)

January 2012 (Picture from 01-28-12 - Dateline Disneyland on Smugmug)

Man that looks great. What an awesome change.
    Interesting how you can see literally every major land in the park from this view - the Hollywood Backlot buildings, the Buena Vista Street theater, the Cars Land mountain range, the Golden State Grizzly Peak, and the Paradise Pier Fun Wheel.

• Can Only Wish For More!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Interesting how you can see literally every major land in the park from this view - the Hollywood Backlot buildings, the Buena Vista Street theater, the Cars Land mountain range, the Golden State Grizzly Peak, and the Paradise Pier Fun Wheel.
    Don't forget the convention center!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!