Page 3 of 668 FirstFirst 123456132853103503 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Out of morbid curiosity, is there a reason we switched from Roman to Arabic numbering on the thread titles?

I would absolutely miss the current version of Soarin', but if done just as well, it could be good. It might make more sense in the rumored new theme as well. My biggest concern is replicating the quality of music. Jerry Goldsmith is one of the greatest composers. I guess his son could do it. It's the music, for me, that makes that attraction so spectacular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I'm curious about this too, but we did get a new tracker header image, a very nice one at that.
    I can only count to 11 in Roman numerals.

... Kidding. When I started the Trackers I never expected them to get to number 12. With the realization that you folks can get threads up to 800 pages and we keep needing to refresh the discussion with new Trackers, it seemed like a good idea to switch to a simpler numbering system. When we get to Tracker 18, for example, I'll be grateful for not having to work XVIII into a logo.

Thanks to everyone for keeping these threads some of the most popular here on MiceChat. I appreciate all of the continued interest and support. Here's to Buena Vista Street and Cars Land in 2012!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• I'm not really here

^Good reason. Though I was personally hoping for Tracker LXXXVIII at some point.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Pretty sure it's not WDI that makes the cloning or not decision, but the park management. Like TLM between DCA and MK. Magic Kingdom didn't want to front the cash to develop a different ride so they piggy back on the R&D for DCA's version and just copy it in their park so they only have to pay construction costs.
    Well, you get the point, Disney would take advantage of the opportunity, whatever division or group makes the decision.
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

• film975

I love the music for Soarin' too. It was composed by the great Jerry Goldsmith. I would love to see a new film for the ride. It would make more sense to have the World version over at EPCOT though. I'm going to the D23 Expo on Friday. I look forward to seeing the models for Buena Vista Street and Cars Land there.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Al wrote:

What do you folks hope will happen with “Project Sparkle”?

Some of mine...

- Do something in the waiting area for Turtle Talk with Crush if it's going to be around for another couple years. Just some art on the wall or a TV with loops of clips from the movie would be a big help. Some benches for folks to sit on (vs. the floor) would be helpful too.

- The Muppet's have a movie coming out, give them some love and fast. Maybe have the pre-show altered to included some of the new characters from the movie.

- Work to attract folks to the left side of the Hollywood Backlot (Muppets, Monsters Inc.) that suffers some from the 'Right Handed' syndrome in the same way that Fantasyland does. Not sure if it's fixable, but worth getting trying.

- Change the music on Grizzly River Rapids to period specific.

- Bring out Carl and Kevin at the Challenge Trail

- List the times the bands play at Paradise Gardens

- Meet and Greet with Mickey and the gang on the stage in Paradise Park so you can get a photo with the Fun Wheel in the back.

- New billboard art on the path leading from where you meet Mickey/Duffy to Screaming.

- Add some signage/props/plants to the path by the smoking area/Maliboomer graveyard.
    During my most recent visits, I have noticed quite a bit lately that Toy Story Midway Mania's queue has needed some love, like I saw a "collumn" with the paint all scratched up and also, the molding could use some work...

A new thread. makes me more excited to see the end of all the construction cannot wait until my july 2012 trip when this is all hopefully done

Quote Originally Posted by BuenaVista28 View Post
    I think Soarin should have like 4 - 5 different films..eqch film would take u to a different location in CA. One film might take u to yosemite..another to San Fran etc. So each time you ride it its a different. Similar to Star Tours.
    I think this is a pretty good idea. I have no idea how much of an uprade to the projection and ride control systems that would take.

Perhaps another twist could be to fly over San Francisco and the Sierras during the gold rush era. Or over SF just after the 1906 quake. Fly over LA and Hollywood in various different eras. If they can create whole new digital cities and planets in Star Wars, why not recreate what California used to look like. I see lots of opportunities to make this totally unique to California and tie into and enhance the current DCA nostalgic time placemaking.

Just don't see how it makes sense to fly over the world in a park that isn't really about the world.

i would love to see added character encounters in Paradise Pier. This is the one land that is perfect for characters to keep guests entertained yet there seems to be a lack of them.

There are already toy story characters next to midway mania how about they bring out some of the less used characters. Dumbo and a fire brigade would be perfect for the midway games area since he has a game themed to him, how about Casey at bat in the same area.

Lets also have some of the band concert characters near the walkway or bottom level of the Silly symphony swings

Goofy dressed as a pilot near his attraction in the big shady space in front of the extended queue.

and please replace the aweful show in Paradise Park stage with something else. Something that does not need this huge metal backdrops. Get back to the basic and create nice painted flats that could be easily folded and moved. They could even do a fun little show using Dumbo and the fire brigade that i mentioned for the boardwalk, add a small car some props and acrobats and it would be so much more entertaining then watching them sing along tired songs from the Disney channel. It would be a great opportunity to sell merchandise that people would actually buy based on characters and entertainment

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    I think this is a pretty good idea. I have no idea how much of an uprade to the projection and ride control systems that would take.

Perhaps another twist could be to fly over San Francisco and the Sierras during the gold rush era. Or over SF just after the 1906 quake. Fly over LA and Hollywood in various different eras. If they can create whole new digital cities and planets in Star Wars, why not recreate what California used to look like. I see lots of opportunities to make this totally unique to California and tie into and enhance the current DCA nostalgic time placemaking.

Just don't see how it makes sense to fly over the world in a park that isn't really about the world.
    I LOVE your idea of creating some digital representations of Old California. That would be great! Of course nothing beats something that is really filmed so maybe infuse some real landscapes in there as well.

And about the World...although I don't support a new film around the world for DCA, if it does happen it doesn't break theme at all. You are in a hangar on an aviation adventure. Planes taking off from a CA airfield can travel around the world. I would love for at least DCA, if they do a world film, they make it look like we're taking off from here in CA and landing here. Start and end in CA.

• Disneyman

I absolutely agree with everything you just said.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

Now this is a brilliant idea! They can film the plates using the aerial photography techniques and go back in and digitially remove modern things. The Golden Gate Bridge under construction, etc. Oh there is huge potential in this idea.

Or for a real trip combine the flight over a city with timelapse. As you fly over the city watch the city age to the present day.

Another idea that could work would be to have it be flights over the various National Parks since that is the rumored eventual theme of the area. That ties the ride into the land directly.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Im personally glad master gracey ditched the roman numerals..they were so unneccesary.

Great ideas! In addition to what others have posted, aerial views of recreations of the history of flight might be amazing. Flying over Kitty Hawk as the Wright Brothers fly for the first time? Or if we want to keep it based in California, recreating some of Glenn Curtiss' achievements or the building and first flight of the Spirit of St. Louis in San Diego.

There's really a lot of potential here if the technology exists to do it.

If Soarin' is indeed going to become part of the Golden State area, soon to be named Grizzly Peak National Park, then it will be in a 50's themed area. I hope that any new film would reflect this. Wouldn't it be cool if it still ended on Disneyland, except it was 1955 Disneyland? With Walt opening the park down there waving at us as the lights faded in?

ImagineerWarrior