Page 332 of 668 FirstFirst ... 232282307322329330331332333334335342357382432 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 10011

• Ol' School Disney Pirate

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    Very nice side by side pics of vehicles on RSR. You'll have to visit that other site that like coasters of the west.
    Very cool shots. Lookin' good!

• Toad Hall

<font size=4> </font>

• Minion

Is anyone else worried about crowd control for the first few months of the relaunch? All of the pictures I've seen of BVS and Radiator Springs so far look very compact, and that's not even considering the massive crowds the expansions will supposedly draw. BVS looks especially tight for an entrance area, and the scale of the buildings surrounding it make me feel like it'll be an extremely claustrophobic and congested area. Just my thought....

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

I guess the other 1/3
    Didn't realize the other section had been painted- and I didn't mean to offend you.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Addicted to MC since '08

The area of screamin after the third tunnel section is in desperate need of a re-paint.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I guess we should have taken note of the amount of increased tire marks on the RSR track. A good sign of increased testing
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I'm worried for Buena Vista Street. I'm excited, and I like the idea. But I hope it's not all painted the same color. It's gonna look like a big condominium if they do.
    Oh...I'm afraid the deflector shield...will be quite operational...when your friends arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    I guess the other 1/3
    Didn't realize the other section had been painted- and I didn't mean to offend you.
    I was not offended, I was just pointing out that it has been painted in the recent past. Though this is a perfect example of work getting done to spruce up the park and it goes unnoticed hence another complaint about DCA that is a bit unwarranted.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    The area of screamin after the third tunnel section is in desperate need of a re-paint.
    That would be the 1/3 that is left to be painted.
    I'm not sure but I think the plan is to finish it up after september.....though plans change.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by Pezlort View Post
    I'm worried for Buena Vista Street. I'm excited, and I like the idea. But I hope it's not all painted the same color. It's gonna look like a big condominium if they do.
    If you look at the elevations showing color schemes, you can tell that although it will have mild colors they will very from red, green, tan, white, blue, orange, beige, ect. Im not worried about BVS's color as much I am about the size and capacity of the shops. If they are tiny than the the first summer is gonna be a nightmare to eat/ shop in BVS. Either way though I'm super excited!
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Dream in wonderful color!

A time capsule was buried in Buena Vista St. this past weekend:

Time Capsule Buried at Disney California Adventure Park Disney Parks Blog
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Cool video. It'll be interesting to see all they've put in it. It's funny that DCA already has such a history and it's only 11 years old! Time Capsule Buried at Disney California Adventure Park Disney Parks Blog

I just wanna see some still shots of those presentation boards for the interiors of the BVS buildings. The one directly behind Lisa is Trolley Treats. And I really think being worried about BVS is a bit premature. Mission Revival is simplistic architecture that relies on ornate details and even landscaping to bring the whole picture together. In many ways, Art Deco is also very similar in approach, with a heavy focus on ornamentation. Both of these styles are fairly simplistic on the exterior and heavily decorated on the insides. Details like tile roofs, wrought iron (in the lighting, fencing, doors, etc), decorative tile lining bottoms of buildings and/or adorning the walls, bas reliefs, wood framing/awnings (already seen above restrooms), copper accents, etc...bring the whole picture together. Even the Carthay is still missing some of these elements. The landscaping also helps break up the simplicity of these styles. Believe me, judging by the elevation art that was in BSC for BVS, which is almost identical to what is showing up, it shows that there are MANY details yet to be seen. Just look at that video, it's still a heavy construction site. It'll come together Wanna see one of the greatest examples of Mission Revival/Art Deco hybrid, visit or look up Union Station in Downtown LA. It's VERY close in style to what is being done in BVS

I'm a huge fan of early Los Angeles/Southern California architecture and what they are doing with BVS is right. The Imagineers have done tons of research all over the Southland in order to provide the most quality product that truly transports to another time and place. Just wait until it opens It's awesome, even just last night as I walked the streets of one of my favorite Southland places, Old Town Pasadena, I saw the influence the Imagineers got from this wonderful place of early 20th century CA architecture, for BVS. I cannot wait. Oh and btw, don't expect many bright, bold, or pastel colors, like what you see with parts of Main Street, on BVS as these styles are very concentrated on warm, soft color palettes.

Oh and if anybody wants some resources to learn more about all the research into this land check out these links.
    Last edited by SoCalFan; 02-27-2012 at 05:46 PM.

• Minion

Too bad 2037 won't look like this.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Cool video. It'll be interesting to see all they've put in it. It's funny that DCA already has such a history and it's only 11 years old! Time Capsule Buried at Disney California Adventure Park Disney Parks Blog

I just wanna see some still shots of those presentation boards for the interiors of the BVS buildings. The one directly behind Lisa is Trolley Treats. And I really think being worried about BVS is a bit premature. Mission Revival is simplistic architecture that relies on ornate details and even landscaping to bring the whole picture together. In many ways, Art Deco is also very similar in approach, with a heavy focus on ornamentation. Both of these styles are fairly simplistic on the exterior and heavily decorated on the insides. Details like tile roofs, wrought iron (in the lighting, fencing, doors, etc), decorative tile lining bottoms of buildings and/or adorning the walls, bas reliefs, wood framing/awnings (already seen above restrooms), copper accents, etc...bring the whole picture together. Even the Carthay is still missing some of these elements. The landscaping also helps break up the simplicity of these styles. Believe me, judging by the elevation art that was in BSC for BVS, which is almost identical to what is showing up, it shows that there are MANY details yet to be seen. Just look at that video, it's still a heavy construction site. It'll come together Wanna see one of the greatest examples of Mission Revival/Art Deco hybrid, visit or look up Union Station in Downtown LA. It's VERY close in style to what is being done in BVS

I'm a huge fan of early Los Angeles/Southern California architecture and what they are doing with BVS is right. The Imagineers have done tons of research all over the Southland in order to provide the most quality product that truly transports to another time and place. Just wait until it opens It's awesome, even just last night as I walked the streets of one of my favorite Southland places, Old Town Pasadena, I saw the influence the Imagineers got from this wonderful place of early 20th century CA architecture, for BVS. I cannot wait. Oh and btw, don't expect many bright, bold, or pastel colors, like what you see with parts of Main Street, on BVS as these styles are very concentrated on warm, soft color palettes.

Oh and if anybody wants some resources to learn more about all the research into this land check out these links.

I'll be 41 when they dig this up. Oh....this is depressing. -___- lol

---------- Post added 02-27-2012 at 05:54 PM ----------

Oh and thanks for the side by side pic of the RSR vehicles.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

I guess the outdoor track for RSR is supposed to be the dirt track that Lightning and Doc raced on, but I kind of wish they'd paint a dash yellow line down the center to make it more like a real Route 66 desert road. Of course, except for passing, you wouldn't have two cars side by side on a yellow-striped road. It would be white-striped, but that is not common on Route 66.

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post

That looks soooooo awesome! First time I've seen that. That's quite a lucky shot they got. Wow!