Page 334 of 668 FirstFirst ... 234284324331332333334335336337344384434 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 10011

• Disneyland > Disney World

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    Boardwalk Bazaar. I like the look. I just wonder why they named it so similarly to Adventureland Bazaar. That and, why remake just one facade? I see the differences in the other ones, but I don't see why they'd just redo one of them in that style.
    Keep in mind that this is just a quick fix. The Mat N' Hat Beach signage and clown were probably the biggest eye sore so it was necessary to retheme that whole facade. As for the others they are bearable for the time being until Disney actually decides to use the shops for another attraction in a few years.
    Marvel + Disney =

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    Sure seems like it. Isn't there a small "porch" on that side very near the top of ToT?
    Ya there are several balconies on each side. They are for evacuations when the elevators are in the tower.

• Dream in wonderful color!

A preview of the merchandise that will be sold at Ramone's House of Body Art:

A Winning Combination at Disney California Adventure Park Disney Parks Blog
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    For those of you who were discussing a while back if the neon signs in Cars Land were really neon or not, take a look at this video from Cars Land presentation at the D23 Expo. At around 37:35, John Lasseter himself says: "That they are gonna be pure neon signs."
    And as it turns out that statment is a lie, misconception or just not accurate. Neon is red or orange red in color. Ramones which was shown in the slide at the time is not covered in neon. While neon may be used in many locations in Cars Land. Neon style lighting is used extensively and this may be what he meant.

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    And as it turns out that statment is a lie, misconception or just not accurate. Neon is red or orange red in color. Ramones which was shown in the slide at the time is not covered in neon. While neon may be used in many locations in Cars Land. Neon style lighting is used extensively and this may be what he meant.
    That's what he meant. When saying "pure" neon, he means purely neon lighting, not pure neon gas. Over the years, all tubular gas lighting has been called "neon" even if it doesn't use neon gas.

The discussion we were having was about whether or not the "neon" was neon tube lighting or some from of alternative like LED tubes or fiber optics.

From the front page...(my bold)
    EDITOR’S NOTE 2/28: If you're headed to the One More Disney Day event, don't forget to hop over to DCA before it closes because the final expansion exhibit in the Blue Sky Cellar debuts Wednesday. Dedicated almost solely to Cars Land, it's an eye-popping display with scale models big and small and lots of newly revealed details for the land. John Lasseter also rode Radiator Springs Racers in the rain yesterday, and the Imagineers have a list of things to tweak and change on that massive E Ticket.
    - Al Lutz
    Exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    A preview of the merchandise that will be sold at Ramone's House of Body Art:

A Winning Combination at Disney California Adventure Park Disney Parks Blog
    Some of the merch looks interesting... at least it is land exclusive! Now as long as the stores doesn't get invaded with off themed merchandise, Carsland could be a cool place to shop!

• Become part of MY world!

^Don't count on it, I can't think of one store that only carries exclusive themed merch. Every place always has the generic stuff and there's going to be 3 shops. I don't think they'll have THAT much original merchandise to fill ALL the shelves.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Future Imagineer

/\ Well they actually confirmed that the shops will only sell Cars-themed merchandise: The Inside Track to Cars Land Stores at Disney California Adventure Park Disney Parks Blog

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    /\ Well they actually confirmed that the shops will only sell Cars-themed merchandise: The Inside Track to Cars Land Stores at Disney California Adventure Park Disney Parks Blog
    The article doesn't say that at all. It highlights what cars related merch will be there, not that it is exclusively that. When they sell 'pins vinyalnation and license plate frames' - they aren't going to all be cars only.. they will be other Disney content too.

The merch will be biased towards car THEMES and have cars brand and carsland merch - but exclusively cars (the movie brand)? Don't count on it.

---------- Post added 02-29-2012 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    what insider said... no one refers to purely neon gas when saying 'neon lighting'. You're splitting hairs there over a distinction no one uses. It's accepted that neon lighting includes the other gases used in the signs to achieve other colors.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Dream in wonderful color!

This looks interesting -- a map of caverns in Cars Land is featured inside the new Blue Sky Cellar exhibit. This is the first time i've heard of these caverns, could this possibly be the queue for RSR?

unfortunately the image is a bit blurry, hopefully someone will upload better pictures soon

Caverens Tour Map in Blue Sky Cellar. on Twitpic

source: @MouseInfo
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    This looks interesting -- a map of caverns in Cars Land is featured inside the new Blue Sky Cellar exhibit. This is the first time i've heard of these caverns, could this possibly be the queue for RSR?

unfortunately the image is a bit blurry, hopefully someone will upload better pictures soon

Caverens Tour Map in Blue Sky Cellar. on Twitpic

source: @MouseInfo
    That's cool, but odd. It must be some kind of backstory for the tail light caverns that we'll go through at the very end of RSR. You can see that on this map, but the rest is totally made up.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

I managed to get back to school after checking out Disneyland for 2 hours. So, here are some of my pictures from today.

I will also be posting the video I record of them talking about the making of Cars Land later at night when I get home.

Name:  IMG1638-M.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  77.3 KB

Name:  IMG1642-M.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  96.0 KB

Name:  IMG1643-M.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  86.1 KB

Name:  IMG1645-M.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  98.5 KB

Name:  IMG1646-M.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  90.3 KB
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 02-29-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Disneyland Live has a few photos from the Blue Sky Cellar as well...

Special Photo Report: Blue Sky Cellar, 'The Road to Cars Land' | DisneylandLive | an unofficial Disneyland news and photo blog

---------- Post added 02-29-2012 at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    I managed to get back to school after checking out Disneyland for 2 hours. So, here are some of my pictures from today.

I will also be posting the video I record of them talking about the making of Cars Land later at night when I get home.
    Thanks for sharing SoCalbma.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

One of possibly many new, roadside billboards to come to Cars Land!? I hope so! I love the style of this and just the whole Route 66/Americana vibe of it.

The Caverns map looks VERY interesting. I wonder if it will just serve as some theming in the queue or if they really have a nice surprise for us all. Makes me think, a walk through attraction through both open roomed and tight caverns, like what's on the map, would make a wonderful addition to Cars Land. It's a way of having an attraction without having to use the characters of Cars. Serve the same kind of purpose as Redwood Creek and Tom Sawyer's Island and bring even more to do in Cars Land. Well anyways, I'm real excited to see Mint's update tomorrow with Blue Sky Cellar as he really seems to photograph every little aspect of the new exhibits when they appear.