Page 335 of 668 FirstFirst ... 235285310325332333334335336337338345360385435 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 10011

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

The map of the caverns is cool. When Carsland was first announced i envisioned a connection from the new land to Paradise Pier with a walkthru some caverns.

I thought that it would have been an interesting idea to create an alternate crossbridge near the Paradise Bay bridge near the Screamin Launch.

To make it work i would have added some rockwork around the first section of the Lunch area and have it connect to Paradise bridge as if the bridge was built into rocks. at a certain point in the bridge i would have added a pathway about eight feet wide that slowly inclined and curved and turned into a covered cave up to the height of the parade building for parade float clearance. Once it reached that height the pathway would merge with the huge rock work and guest would have a glimpse of Carsland from high above then slowly descend down into radiator Springs somewhere near the large wharf archway. This covered pathway would have had lots of themed stalactites and maybe miniature car bugs and other visual themes for guests to enjoy before they had a

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Could they one day create a walk through in the mountain range? I mean.. there is a lot of innards I know... but... perhaps they planned something for the future?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Lion

The Caverns map is just to add to the theme/lore of Radiator Springs.

The map of the caverns is cool. When Carsland was first announced i envisioned a connection from the new land to Paradise Pier with a walkthru some caverns.

I thought that it would have been an interesting idea to create an alternate crossbridge near the Paradise Bay bridge near the Screamin Launch.

To make it work i would have added some rockwork around the first section of the Lunch area and have it connect to Paradise bridge as if the bridge was built into rocks. at a certain point in the bridge i would have added a pathway about eight feet wide that slowly inclined and curved and turned into a covered cave up to the height of the parade building for parade float clearance. Once it reached that height the pathway would merge with the huge rock work and guest would have a glimpse of Carsland from high above then slowly descend down into radiator Springs somewhere near the large wharf archway. This covered pathway would have had lots of themed stalactites and maybe miniature car bugs and other visual themes for guests to enjoy before they had a

---------- Post added 02-29-2012 at 04:59 PM ----------

To make it work i would have added some rockwork around the first section of the Lunch area and have it connect to Paradise bridge as if the bridge was built into rocks. at a certain point in the bridge i would have added a pathway about eight feet wide that slowly inclined and curved and turned into a covered cave up to the height of the parade building for parade float clearance. Once it reached that height the pathway would merge with the huge rock work and guest would have a glimpse of Carsland from high above then slowly descend down into radiator Springs somewhere near the large wharf archway. This covered pathway would have had lots of themed stalactites and maybe miniature car bugs and other visual themes for guests to enjoy.

It would have made a nice detour for guests, kind of one of those small pathways in other Disney parks that people enjoy to get away from the crowds

^^ As I mentioned, MiceChat is very slow and clunky right now, resulting in repeated repeat postings.

• Banned User

Darn. That cavern walkthrough attraction would have been so great. As it stands, Cars Land, for me, will be a walk straight down mainstreet to RSR, and then a walk straight out after the ride. There is simply not one other thing of interest to me in the entire land. And I LOVE Cars. They just, IMHO, came up with a couple of less than mediocre secondary attractions, no table service restaurant and no shows. Its somewhat dissappointing for me, even though Im realy excited about RSR.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

There will be shows.

On the map it says "Cavern Tour Map (Plan)".
    I wonder if this is part of the queue for RSR, or if this will be something similar to Tom Sawyer's Island in that type of exploration. Either way I do hope this has been put into place, not just put on display in blue sky.

There was no evidence of this during construction, nothing in the blueprints, and we already know what the queue is going to look like.

There will be a tail light cavern at the end of the RSR attraction, just before unloading.

I assume this map will be in one of the small queue buildings, used as backstory, tied into the final scene of RSR.

• Banned User

By a show, I ment an actual show or attraction like, Alladin, The Saloon show in Disneyland, Lion King show or Nemo in Animal Kingdon, Little Mermaid in Hollywood Studios. I know alot of people on the fan sites dont like simulator attractions, but I think that ride system is taylor made for a Cars attraction.
    I would have been fine with 1 kiddie carnival style attraction, but 2 just doesnt cut it in my opinion. Realy, realy week effort on the secondary attractions. i hope Cars Land proves to be so popular and busy, that they add something of true Disney quality fairly soon.

• Disneyland > Disney World

I'm watching the Mattercam right now and it looks like part of the Paradise Pier signage is burned out!
    Marvel + Disney =

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    By a show, I ment an actual show or attraction like, Alladin, The Saloon show in Disneyland, Lion King show or Nemo in Animal Kingdon, Little Mermaid in Hollywood Studios. I know alot of people on the fan sites dont like simulator attractions, but I think that ride system is taylor made for a Cars attraction.
    I would have been fine with 1 kiddie carnival style attraction, but 2 just doesnt cut it in my opinion. Realy, realy week effort on the secondary attractions. i hope Cars Land proves to be so popular and busy, that they add something of true Disney quality fairly soon.
    I agree. Disney really hasn't pushed the envelope since Indy. Even the premiere ride RSR is a rehash of Test Track. It's time to step it up

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I agree. Disney really hasn't pushed the envelope since Indy. Even the premiere ride RSR is a rehash of Test Track. It's time to step it up
    I'm kind of sick of this whole "rehash of test track" crap. If they had built test track, then YES it would be a freaking rehash, but they built a different ride! It uses the same system but it is a different ride. Are all the dark rides that use a car on a track a rehash? Are all the coasters a rehash of the Matterhorn?! Is Jorney to the center of the earth a rehash of test track? Is Little Mermaid just a rehash of The Haunted Mansion.. Is Pirates a rehash of the Jungle Cruise.. etc. etc. etc.

Like seriously! It is a different ride, a different experience, and nothing like it exists on the west coast. So seriously, stop with the argument, as it is highly flawed.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

Yah, I dont see RSR as a rehash of Test Track at all.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I'm kind of sick of this whole "rehash of test track" crap. If they had built test track, then YES it would be a freaking rehash, but they built a different ride! It uses the same system but it is a different ride. Are all the dark rides that use a car on a track a rehash? Are all the coasters a rehash of the Matterhorn?! Is Jorney to the center of the earth a rehash of test track? Is Little Mermaid just a rehash of The Haunted Mansion.. Is Pirates a rehash of the Jungle Cruise.. etc. etc. etc.

Like seriously! It is a different ride, a different experience, and nothing like it exists on the west coast. So seriously, stop with the argument, as it is highly flawed.
    Well said. It was appropriate for Imagineers to use Test Track ride system to make it feel like one is driving in a car.