Page 337 of 668 FirstFirst ... 237287312327334335336337338339340347362387437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 10011

• Just this guy......

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I agree. Disney really hasn't pushed the envelope since Indy. Even the premiere ride RSR is a rehash of Test Track. It's time to step it up
    I also don't agree with you that this is just a rehash of Test Track. We will not know for 100% for sure until it opens, but the information at hand show that RSR is going to be very different.

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    Some wrought iron this morning

https://p.twimg.com/Am7GSNPCMAA5cRo.jpg
    Wow. The CCT is looking better every day. The wrought iron, and the marque (even in it's unfinished state) really ad more dimension and class to the exterior. I hope the same level of attention to detail is applied to the interior.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 03-01-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Hotlinked image in quote
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

There is Test Track the attraction and this is NOT Test Track so I would agree this is not a rehash of TT. Then there is the underlying technology and RSR shares the same basic technology as TT. Just like Pirates and Small world are not rehashes of each other yet the ride technology is the same.

I feel about ride technology like I do special effects. If the attraction is really good we don't care what is used. It is the experience that matters.
    The Mur

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

^ DING! Correct answer.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Like a grand & miraculous

7 turns from Disneyland!:) but about 1,150 miles on I-5. haha AKA: Puyallup, WA

The exact same Test Track system was used in Journey to the Center of Earth at Tokyo DisneySEA. An that experience is NOTHING like Test Track! Both good, but very very different.

• Toad Hall

Its like saying that Goofys sky school is a rehash of Screamin which was a rehash of BTMRR which was a rehash of Space Mountain which was a rehash of the Matterhorn!
    <font size=4> </font>

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    Wow. The CCT is looking better every day. The wrought iron, and the marque (even in it's unfinished state) really ad more dimension and class to the exterior. I hope the same level of attention to detail is applied to the interior.
    Just wait, it's only going to look better and better. That's the thing about Spanish, Mediterranean and Art Deco architecture, they're all very simple in their basic forms but the decorations are really what make them stand out. I saw a lot of people complain about CCT being too simple, but it's going to look very different when completed. The tile roofs, wrought iron, awnings, gutters and downspouts and windows will really make the building pop. The simple off-white background really allows the colors, like reds, greens and teals, and the black iron to stand out. The colors and texture of the landscaping will also play a huge role in bringing more depth to the building.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

My two cents as someone who likes Test Track and it's one of my favorite Epcot rides. TT is a fun ride vehicle. The story is on the weak side and not very interesting. Show scenes are not fun and very industrial. The scenery outside the building is backstage and very little is seen on stage.

It "looks" like to me at the very worst that RSR will have the same fun ride system with perhaps not as much top speed, but a lot more track track changes. Like speed is sacrificed for twists and turns in Space Mountain. I think the trade off is worth while.
    And from the previews, the RSR story and scenery looks like it will be just amazing in comparison.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I'm kind of sick of this whole "rehash of test track" crap. If they had built test track, then YES it would be a freaking rehash, but they built a different ride! It uses the same system but it is a different ride. Are all the dark rides that use a car on a track a rehash? Are all the coasters a rehash of the Matterhorn?! Is Jorney to the center of the earth a rehash of test track? Is Little Mermaid just a rehash of The Haunted Mansion.. Is Pirates a rehash of the Jungle Cruise.. etc. etc. etc.

Like seriously! It is a different ride, a different experience, and nothing like it exists on the west coast. So seriously, stop with the argument, as it is highly flawed.
    No but no one is arguing that those rides are innovative. The point here is that Disney isn't pushing the envelope...they used a ride system that's becoming common and outdated. I'm sure it will be a great ride, but not the kind of premiere attraction Disney needs to top the competition.
    oh and just a reminder this is strictly my opinion. I'm sorry if you don't agree with it but I'm just putting it out there, no need to get offended or defensive. The way some people react on here you'd think they built the ride themselves!

---------- Post added 03-01-2012 at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    Its like saying that Goofys sky school is a rehash of Screamin which was a rehash of BTMRR which was a rehash of Space Mountain which was a rehash of the Matterhorn!
    But if a common roller coaster was the headline attraction, people would be disappointed, because what's so special about a roller coaster?

No but no one is arguing that those rides are innovative. The point here is that Disney isn't pushing the envelope...they used a ride system that's becoming common and outdated. I'm sure it will be a great ride, but not the kind of premiere attraction Disney needs to top the competition.
    oh and just a reminder this is strictly my opinion. I'm sorry if you don't agree with it but I'm just putting it out there, no need to get offended or defensive. The way some people react on here you'd think they built the ride themselves!

---------- Post added 03-01-2012 at 03:30 PM ----------

But if a common roller coaster was the headline attraction, people would be disappointed, because what's so special about a roller coaster?
    It might be your opinion that the ride system is common and outdated. But I think you are basing it on an apples and oranges comparison. It's not very common at all and outdated compared to what?

Yes there are different ride systems that were used at other theme parks. But we are talking about a land themed to Cars and it's a Car based attraction. Seems like a natural fit to me. Doesn't make sense to use an ride system like in Spiderman or HP in my opinion.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Common? Where is this technology common? Where else is it used anywhere besides TT and JTTCOE? What has eclipsed it?

EE is just a common roller coaster but has been the anchor attraction for the park, subject of TV specials, and other things. The point of the poster is you don't focus on a single components of a attraction to judge the whole thing.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Dream in wonderful color!

Thumbs up Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

MintCrocodile update:

Magic Eye: Day After One More Disney Day at the Disneyland Resort

I'm loving the detail in BVS!

Another look at the CCT marquee

Last edited by nonob88; 03-01-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Forgotten Spirit

Cause' the Cars Land mountain range is totally not pushing the envelope at all. *rolls eyes*
    Really, at this point, Disney can't do all that much to please extremely hardcore fans except for building something to cater directly to them, which isn't feasible at all.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Common? Where is this technology common? Where else is it used anywhere besides TT and JTTCOE? What has eclipsed it?

EE is just a common roller coaster but has been the anchor attraction for the park, subject of TV specials, and other things. The point of the poster is you don't focus on a single components of a attraction to judge the whole thing.
    The original post I wrote was in response to Disney being not as innovative and creatvie as they used to be. RSR will be a great ride, I'm sure, but this is not an E-ticket on the scale of say, Tower of Terror, or Indy, because it's technically nothing new. And no, this concept isn't really overused in the theme park industry but I drove a car to get to Disneyland, at speeds a lot higher than 45 mph, so for me, just going fast a great ride does not make.

And I know it will incorporate dark ride elements but does it really tell a story? The summary says we get caught speeding, tip tractors, and get a paint job; it seems like a lack of coherence and the whole point of the ride is the build-up to the finale, which, as I have already stated, is not technologically breathtaking by any means. This is the company that brought us Star Tours, Indy, Tower of Terror, the Matterhorn, the Monorail, etc. so I just can't get too mindblown by a ride that relies heavily on a thrill factor that has been done before and is experienced by any commuters arriving at Disneyland. I'm sure it will be fun, but I feel like they could've done better to restart the struggling park.

And again, this is my opinion, not meant to offend anybody. I don't see the need to get defensive over a ride that no one here has any personal stake in (or has much less even ridden it yet).

---------- Post added 03-01-2012 at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    Cause' the Cars Land mountain range is totally not pushing the envelope at all. *rolls eyes*
    Really, at this point, Disney can't do all that much to please extremely hardcore fans except for building something to cater directly to them, which isn't feasible at all.

Once again, my opinion--it looks great but can't be immediately enjoyed by anyone besides the fact that it blocks the outside. No need to get defensive, unless you designed/built it yourself, in which case, I'm sorry I said it wasn't the greatest thing ever built.

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

I know absolutely nothing about the life cycle of palm trees, but was anyone else surprised to see that the trees next to CCT look..well...almost dead or unhealthy? Especially when compared to the trees across the street. Just an observation. lol

The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter