Page 340 of 668 FirstFirst ... 240290315330337338339340341342343350365390440 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 10011
  1. #5086

    • Toad Hall
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    686

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    My favorite picture from mints update

    <font size=4> </font>

  2. #5087

    • Dream in wonderful color!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    The queue for Luigi's looks awesome, very cute details!

    - Adventure Is Waiting -

    "We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

  3. #5088

    • Nope! No grown-ups here!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Forest, CA
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    My favorite picture from mints update

    Yeah. The color of the rocks, how they wrap totally around, and the tones of the light bouncing off them, makes this the epitome of immersive. The choice and placement of foliage doesn't hurt, either.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

  4. #5089

    • Junior Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    Quote Originally Posted by WarningSLO View Post
    Love that!

    The only disappointment I think I might have with Cars Land is that there are no small pathways, no possibility of looping around the land. There are three pathways out (the main entrance, the wharf and FFF) and one deadend (the Courthouse).

    The layout of the land and attractions, necessary backstage access, mechanical for Luigi's, the queue for RSR precludes this, but having small paths behind Luigi's, the Cozy Cone, etc. would have been nice. Maybe there is a walkway around the back of Ramone's?
    Last edited by Mojave; 03-02-2012 at 12:50 PM.

  5. #5090

    • Nope! No grown-ups here!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Forest, CA
    Posts
    1,088

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Love that!

    The only disappointment I think I might have with Cars Land is that there are no small pathways, no possibility of looping around the land. There are three pathways out (the main entrance, the wharf and FFF) and one deadend (the Courthouse).

    The layout of the land and attractions, necessary backstage access, mechanical for Luigi's, the queue for RSR, but having small paths behind Luigi's, the Cozy Cone, etc. would have been nice. Maybe there is a walkway around the back of Ramone's?
    What? Now you're expecting Disney to add a loop to a land?! Sheesh!
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

  6. #5091

    • Junior Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    So this photo seems to show that after unloading, guests will go up and over a bridge over the track to exit the building. It will have a POTC/TSMM style load/unload area. I had been mentioning this for a while (going by the blueprints), but others had said, no, it would be more like the Fantasyland dark rides.

    Assuming this art is still legit, I think it confirms guests will load as others are unloading.


  7. #5092

    • Toad Hall
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    686

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    Can someone explain what this map is of, it seems to be like walking paths and not in the ride itself. I cant seem to point out what this is, Please help!!!


    ---------- Post added 03-02-2012 at 01:51 PM ----------

    Also are the going to include these water spouts/steam vents in the ride as well?

    and what are these buildings used for, part of the queue?
    <font size=4> </font>

  8. #5093

    • Buena Vista St. & Red Car
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Love that!

    The only disappointment I think I might have with Cars Land is that there are no small pathways, no possibility of looping around the land. There are three pathways out (the main entrance, the wharf and FFF) and one deadend (the Courthouse).

    The layout of the land and attractions, necessary backstage access, mechanical for Luigi's, the queue for RSR precludes this, but having small paths behind Luigi's, the Cozy Cone, etc. would have been nice. Maybe there is a walkway around the back of Ramone's?
    There does seem to be some areas that will be more "relax" areas and not something on the main pathway. Looking at both the aerial photo and landscaping plan layout from Mint's pics http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...-xRhSZ6r-O.jpg http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...-Hc6dHnJ-O.jpg , it looks like there is a little park like area between Sarge's and Doc's. There's the area with the water tower tank right behind Lizzie's and to the East of the Cozy Cone. There also seems to be a lookout area off the main path going to Pacific Wharf, behind Ramone's, that overlooks Radiator Springs Racer's. You can see that in the model too. http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...-GZz8zsv-O.jpg

    ---------- Post added 03-02-2012 at 02:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    Can someone explain what this map is of, it seems to be like walking paths and not in the ride itself. I cant seem to point out what this is, Please help!!!


    ---------- Post added 03-02-2012 at 01:51 PM ----------

    Also are the going to include these water spouts/steam vents in the ride as well?

    and what are these buildings used for, part of the queue?
    We're all still wondering about that map. Seems like just some fun theming to put up in the queue but then why display it prominently in the cellar. Would make a fun attraction I think.

    I heard somewhere that geyers will be part of the ride but again, I don't know for sure if that's going to be materializing.

    And those buildings are RSR queue. Theres some cool concept art and elevation drawings in the BSC.

  9. #5094

    • Toad Hall
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    686

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    There does seem to be some areas that will be more "relax" areas and not something on the main pathway. Looking at both the aerial photo and landscaping plan layout from Mint's pics http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...-xRhSZ6r-O.jpg http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...-Hc6dHnJ-O.jpg , it looks like there is a little park like area between Sarge's and Doc's. There's the area with the water tower tank right behind Lizzie's and to the East of the Cozy Cone. There also seems to be a lookout area off the main path going to Pacific Wharf, behind Ramone's, that overlooks Radiator Springs Racer's. You can see that in the model too. http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/pho...-GZz8zsv-O.jpg

    ---------- Post added 03-02-2012 at 02:09 PM ----------


    We're all still wondering about that map. Seems like just some fun theming to put up in the queue but then why display it prominently in the cellar. Would make a fun attraction I think.

    I heard somewhere that geyers will be part of the ride but again, I don't know for sure if that's going to be materializing.

    And those buildings are RSR queue. Theres some cool concept art and elevation drawings in the BSC.
    I knew you would help haha thanks so much really appreciate it. Hey by the way, I dont know if you know of mega64 on youtube but one of the guys is a micechatter and was showing a video about disney day and shows the micechat webpage and of course it shows all of us. HAHA i love it, I wonder what rocco's micechat name is!!

    DISNEYLAND TERROR NIGHT EPISODE 1 - YouTube
    <font size=4> </font>

  10. #5095

    • Junior Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    Quote Originally Posted by WildForMrToad View Post
    Can someone explain what this map is of, it seems to be like walking paths and not in the ride itself. I cant seem to point out what this is, Please help!!!
    [COLOR="#8b0000"]
    There was no evidence during construction and nothing in the blueprints that shows anything like this at all. The only thing that will be in the RSR attraction is tail light caverns, at the end of the ride, which shows on this map.

    My guess is that this map might hang in one of the "original town" buildings that make up the queue as a sort of backstory. Then you'll see the tail light caverns on the ride and make the connection.

  11. #5096

    • Buena Vista St. & Red Car
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    Some more information about the food items coming to Cars Land. Mmm... http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...nia-adventure/

    The breakfast at Flo's sounds quite yummy (NEED to try those Chicken tamales) and I got a soft spot for a good fruit pie. The veggie casserole sounds quite interesting and delicious and should pair well with the other diner/comfort food that has been mentioned for Flo's (sandwiches, mac n cheese, etc...). I really do hope they have milkshakes there...what's more diner than milkshakes!? I feel that there will be quite the demand for more food options once DCA relaunches this summer and I hope that means they can fast track a Radiator Springs Drive-In sit down restaurant for Cars Land.

  12. #5097

    • Raconteur
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    159

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I really do hope they have milkshakes there...what's more diner than milkshakes!?
    If not at Flo's, they should have them at Ghiradelli, no?
    Disneyland Resort Photography by Quiksotik
    Disneyland parking attendant: "Have a magical day, yo!"

  13. #5098

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    33

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    I'm interested by that RSR layout picture. It has me wondering what that first turntable in the show building si for. One direction takes you on some sort of long journey while the other is a shortcut to the race itself. I'm curious if that shortcut is a maintenance thing, or an actual part of the attraction, and if so, why does it exist and what would be there that could make skipping the long way worthwhile?

  14. #5099

    • Just this guy......
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,530

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Logic Machine View Post
    I'm interested by that RSR layout picture. It has me wondering what that first turntable in the show building si for. One direction takes you on some sort of long journey while the other is a shortcut to the race itself. I'm curious if that shortcut is a maintenance thing, or an actual part of the attraction, and if so, why does it exist and what would be there that could make skipping the long way worthwhile?
    I was thinking the same thing. Based on all the information so far the ride starts out with two cars in single file, one behind the other. and then split side by side just before they go outside to race. That turntable in the middle of the building just seems oddly placed.

  15. #5100

    • Lion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,267

    Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker 12

    That short little spur is just a maintenance/testing shortcut. It won't be used during the regular operation of the attraction.

    The map of the caverns is just for theme, like the posters for Hoth, etc on the original Star Tours.

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X
    By MasterGracey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9944
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 06:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •